CW-KID's - Kodi bug / issues list

cw-kid

I've written about lots of bugs / issues / requests over the past several months, I am just collecting them all together in one place for the outstanding ones. 

In no particular order:

1. Music Videos behaving odd in Kodi - FIXED

2. Cant Stream Locally From Yatse When Using Emby for Kodi - YATSE DEV NEEDS TO PULL HIS FINGER OUT

3. DVD with muliple discs - FIXED

4. Multiple Episode Listing & TV Multi Episode file issues - Red triangle - FIXED - Kinda now the episode titles reflect multi episodes (but not in the info pages)

5. Movie BoxSets - FIXED (Don't mix your movie titles by locating them in "Kids Movies" and "Movies" root level folders or you will have similar boxset issues.

6. No option for Home Movies in Kodi? NOW IMPLEMENTED but has missing metadata for home movies

7. Sorting of album tracks not honoured when Kodi connected... FIXED

8. Change movie folder name / path but not change to new movie? Issue summary here.

A couple of oddities in this thread and some possible things that could be improved.

9. TuneIn Radio Emby plugin doesn't play in Kodi but plays OK in the Emby web GUI in the browser. 

My outstanding list isn't actually as long as I expected, because the DEV's have been working so hard and resolved many of them I wrote about already!  :D

Edited by cw-kid

• 1 month later...
cw-kid

Hello

I just noticed OpenElec 6.0 stable was released at the start of November. This now means I can update all my live OpenElec HTPCs around the house to Kodi Isengard V15.2

This also means I would like to probably now ditch MYSQL and fully migrate over to using Emby Server on the back-end. 

On my Windows 10 test PC I have Kodi isengard v15.2 and the beta Emby add-on version 1.1.57

I have just reset the local Kodi DB and let everything re-sync. 

Looking at the issues listed above two of them have now been fixed!  :D But some are still the same and don't appear to have been sorted yet. 

Are these on the bug list to be looked at ?

Thank you

cw-kid

Also recently Emby server has been doing something funky with the Kodi nfo files and new TV Show and Movies added to the system. As native Kodi / MYSQL has been importing some of these new titles as already watched when they are not watched as they are brand new. 

I think they are also marked incorrectly as watched in Emby as well. I haven't really investigated this fully as I have been busy but there has been a problem somewhere a long the lines. I will monitor this situation more closely now and try and see what's happening?

Cheers

cw-kid

Well the good news is I just updated my three HTPCs to OpenElec 6.0 Isengard v15.2 from OpenElec 5.0.8 Helix v14.2 without any issues what so ever, using the manual update method here. I just had to re-install the DVBLink PVR add-on for Kodi and renable Live TV in the settings. 

Two HTPCs are Intel based micro ITX media boards with Intel i3 CPUs the other is an old Micro ATX board with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ and an ATI Radeon 4200 HD GPU.

I was worried about the older HTPC as I've had problems updating it before, but its seems to be working fine after the update. 

So if you are thinking about updating to OpenElec 6.0 I would say go for it! All the MCE IR remote controls are working fine as well out of the box. 

So now I really need to start thinking about migrating to Emby fully and ditching MYSQL on the back-end. 

• Like 1