Music Videos behaving odd in Kodi

cw-kid

Hi

I have some music video files and previously in native Kodi I manually created nfo files for them as XBMC doesn't handle music videos all that well. I also have a poster and fanart image for each music video stored in its folder. 

When i added my music videos folder to the Emby library using the content type of "Music Videos" Emby read all my local nfo files nicely and everything looks good in the Emby web GUI.

This is how they look in the Emby web GUI

55fd620f60b3a_MusicVideos1.png

55fd624d5de0b_MusicVideos2.png

In Kodi with the Emby add-on I do not have a native SMB source that points to my Music Videos folder on the  file server, yet I can still access the music videos in Kodi via the Emby integration. 

55fd62cca1343_MusicVideos3.png

And then they open and I can play them fine.

55fd63371aaa6_MusicVideos4.png

So far so good! But here is were the weirdness starts. If I press the INFO button or I on the keyboard on one of these Music Video tiles, it then says loading music video information

55fd6418535ca_MusicVideos5.png

And then the info page that opens looks like this

55fd64911cef0_MusicVideos6.png

So first issue is there is no metadata for this Music Video unlike in the Emby web GU in the screen shot above.

But even more strange if I come out of the info page a new blank entry has been created at the top of the music videos list.

55fd650c65846_MusicVideos7.png

If I click on this new blank entry what ever it is? If I play it, it plays "The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star"

If I continue pressing INFO on other Music Videos, I end up with multiple blank entries at the top of the list and I have to go to the Context menu -> Manage -> Remove from library to get rid of them. 

This is how the Music Video INFO page should look like on native Kodi / MYSQL 

55fd66046db41_MusicVideos8.png

So I take from this that Music Videos are not currently fully supported by the Emby add-on, even though they do appear and can be played, just don't click INFO on them!

I can provide sample data including nfo file for a music video if a dev wants to try it. 

Thanks

In Confluence if I go to the VIDEOS main menu and then select LIBRARY I see what is in the screen shot below. Appears there is not an Emby entry for Music Videos but there is a native option for Music Videos which is the one I must be using to get in to the Music Videos area.

55fd69e7af4b8_MusicVideos9.png

In the Xperience1080 skin I added this Music Videos entry as a favourite and then I added a menu title for music videos using this favourite etc. 

55fd6b8949181_MusicVideos10.png

The view is pretty crap though as I can only choose either the list or thumbnail view and cannot select any of the skins other fancier views. 

Its the same in native Kodi / MYSQL so is obviously an Xperience1080 skin issue / limitation. 

55fd6c4a9cb67_MusicVideos11.png

Edited by cw-kid