Star Wars The Clone Wars - S02E01-E02 - Holocron Heist & Cargo of Doom.nfo

This is supported in Kodi / XBMC. 

Looking on your Wiki here is also seems this should be supported:

S01E02-E03 episode name.avi

However for this in the Emby web GUI there is a red triangle next to it

55522126544f8_MultiEpisode1.png

55522172dbc66_MultiEpisode2.png

555222b93f4b0_MultiEpisode3.png

The Kodi created nfo has information in for both Episode 1 and Episode 2. 

How do I correct this issue? 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I just ran an Advanced Refresh on the entry as shown in the screen shot above in the metadata manager and now the red triangle has gone.

Why did I have to do this?

5552273aec774_MultiEpisode4.png

Also Emby has not correctly set the Played status to Watched. 

The original Kodi nfo file for both these episodes said <watched>true</watched>

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

the red triangle could be more clear, and i'll work on that, but what it means is that there was some failure when attempting to download metadata. it could mean nothing was found due to inability to match on tvdb/tmdb, etc. or it could mean an http request failure.

stacked episodes with multiple episodes in one nfo are a relatively new thing and it's the one thing we're missing with nfo support. we'll try to get it in soon, if not for the next release.

in the meantime if you could provide an example file that would be helpful, thanks.

cw-kid

Great thanks Luke!

I don't have loads of video files that contain multiple episodes, but for everyone of them I did have the red triangle on them and a missing watched status tick. I ran the refresh on each of these episodes to clear the red triangle and manually set them as watched if they were. 

• 2 months later...
cw-kid

Looking at these TV Show files that contain more than one episode in both Kodi and the Emby web GUI I don't seem to be getting any metadata like the synopsis text for the episodes. 

Emby Web GUI:

55afcea1eff58_TVMulti1.png

Kodi Helix with Emby add-on:

55afcf0f946cf_TVMulti2.png

Native Kodi Helix with MYSQL:

55afcf80555e9_TVMulti3.png

As you can see the native Kodi seems to handle these types of episodes differently and there is an instance for each episode, even though the two episodes are actually in the same video file. 

Thanks

What happens if you get rid of the "E1-2" at the beginning of that file name?

cw-kid

Hi

Thanks for your reply!

The file is actually named as "Knight Rider - S01E01-E02 - Knight Of The Phoenix.avi"

All my multi episode video files are named the same as that format and native Kodi is OK handling them.

Here is a screen shot from the file server:

55affed330111_TVMultiFile.png

The issue is we merge metadata in this situation where Kodi keeps them separate. It's on the roadmap to revisit.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Emby and love it! :)

I use Emby Server with unRAID in a docker container and just installed the Kodi addon.

Everything is working perfect except the issue described above by cw-kid.

Is there a workaround somehow or a setting because it seems that this issue is not solved yet.

Can someone clear me up please.

cw-kid

There was some work done on the Kodi add-on to display multi episodes better than it was, this is how it looks now.

56d198d13e721_multi.png

Hm, strange... because for me it seems that Emby does not import anything from the nfo file (I also don't see anything in the Emby Server Web Interface)

I use nearly the same structure as you.

The only difference is the naming syntax, I use: S01E01E02 instead of S01E01-E02

Does this make the difference maybe or is there some setting inside the Kodi addon to display multi-episode files!?

cw-kid

There is no setting for this in the add-on and I doubt the file naming is the problem. How do the multi episodes look in the Emby web GUI?

cw-kid

I can see on your screen shot you have missing synopsis. If your talking about nfo files created by Kodi's library export routine there was lots of issues and bugs with how Emby read them, some where fixed after I reported them others may not have been.

Have you now got Emby server configured to create its own new nfo files? It will also edit update existing ones.

Only thing I can suggest is to delete the nfo files for these multi episode files and let Emby do its own thing and get the metadata for them, you maybe able to just do a refresh in the Emby metadata manger for these episodes or you may have to remove the files out of the watched folder so they are removed from the Emby library and then put them back etc.

I always use MediaElch to create my nfo files for Kodi. There has never been a problem reading them.

This is why I actually don't want Emby to create its own nfo files.

I will try to overwrite them with the metadata manager first I think. Maybe that way Emby changes the syntax of the nfo files!?

cw-kid

If you preffered you could have NFO file creation disabled on the Emby server there is a setting for it. Then maybe try adding the multi episodes to the Emby library without your MediaElch NFO files being present, Emby should just add them correctly then.

cw-kid

I know there is / was some differences between the NFO files that native Kodi created and those that Emby server creates they are not 100% compatible with each other.

Main issue I have remaining now is native Kodi does not display Media Codec Icons for my AVI DIVX / Xvid files because the codec Info in the Emby generated NFO files is not understood by native Kodi.

If your using the Emby add-on for Kodi then you won't see this problem as their add-on does some mapping to work around these types of issues.

Thanks for your help. I let Emby fetch the metadata for my multi-episodes now. Everything works now.

But I'm not very happy with this solution. Hopefully Emby will be compatible in the future for standard multi-episode nfo files :)