Theme: blue neon night

speechles

CBers

The delete was incorrectly enabled by default. To enable just go to preferences while logged in as an administrator. Once enabled the button will appear again.

Can't the DELETE option be taken from the server-side settings for the user logged in, rather than having to enable it in the client as well ??

Tassadar

Can't the DELETE option be taken from the server-side settings for the user logged in, rather than having to enable it in the client as well ??

In my case, the server side had the "allow user to delete media" option enabled all along, and there is only 1 user listed.  That did not matter at all, as that user was not able to delete from a client device.  Changing from the client preferences section is what did the trick, as that was initially set to "no".

techworld

Hi,

My movies folder has two subfolders: other, kids.

When I browse in the movies folder, it displays all movies, but not as in subfolder.

Do I have to create two separated shares in Emby's server setting for this to work?

• Like 1

Not really, then anybody can delete your collections. The app having control of delete, as well as the server, lets you totally control this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CBers

Not really, then anybody can delete your collections. The app having control of delete, as well as the server, lets you totally control this issue.

How? If a user doesn't have the DELETE option, then they can't delete.

If they can, then there's a bug in the app or the server.

Collections arent technically a library item. They are special like playlists...but...arent shown to only the user who created them. Collections are shown to everyone, and anyone can delete them. Once deleted they are *poof* gone.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36223-other-users-can-delete-collection/

Also the in-app "enable delete only by an administrator" keeps any login from deleting. So if you dont want users of the roku to delete, never enable the setting.

It is mainly there for peace of mind. Delete, in the wrong hands, is a powerful thing.

Edited by speechles

65f92163d70883867d4d562507597df5.jpg

How about, options as the top row? Is this a better solution to allow quickly logging out? It makes access to these far easier for me.

At the bottom, like it was, that meant 15 clicks I had to make to get to that row. At the top, it is so simple.. Why wasnt it this way to begin with???!!! Who designs these things???!!! AARGHHH!!!!

It isnt a design problem until you notice the issue. Having it at the bottom creates excess clicks to get there, everytime. I havent forgot about your request @@mediacowboy. It affects me too. :)

Expect this to make it to an app near you soon, as well as a few bug fixes here and there.

Edited by speechles

CBers

Collections arent technically a library item. They are special like playlists...but...arent shown to only the user who created them. Collections are shown to everyone, and anyone can delete them. Once deleted they are *poof* gone.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36223-other-users-can-delete-collection/

Also the in-app "enable delete only by an administrator" keeps any login from deleting. So if you dont want users of the roku to delete, never enable the setting.

It is mainly there for peace of mind. Delete, in the wrong hands, is a powerful thing.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree :D

Nothing wrong with peace of mind though.

CBers

How about, options as the top row? Is this a better solution to allow quickly logging out? It makes access to these far easier for me.

Personal opinion, and only if technically possible, but couldn't the options be available via the * button ??

Wouldn't need to see it on the screen at all, just in a pop-up menu, and then open the proper screen.

Just a thought.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree :D

Nothing wrong with peace of mind though.

This was a requested feature. Delete is intentionally disabled by default because people have remote roku users. This works to prevent users from deleting your collections. Peace of mind to me, is like knowing without a doubt. If you disable delete in app, there is no way that delete button can ever be shown.

Personal opinion, and only if technically possible, but couldn't the options be available via the * button ??

Wouldn't need to see it on the screen at all, just in a pop-up menu, and then open the proper screen.

Just a thought.

To do that requires synching all the context menus. Presently there are 3. The main grid, the episodic/poster, and the audiplayer. When music plays and the main grid doesnt have a context menu set, when pressing * the audioplayer menu pops up. If you are on the episodic/poster this always has a context menu. You decide which pops up in the selectable audio/video toggle that appears in the pop up. Changing this determines which menu pops up.

The problem comes in, when the grid menu is used. This is tied into the main viewcontroller. It is dependent on the handler being present to tell if there is a context menu or not. This requires adding another toggle for audio/video. The issue is, alot of those popups are already full as they can be. So adding the audio/video toggle would overflow the popup and make options invisible. They exist, you can navigate down to them offscreen, but the screen wont scroll with you to them. It will be a guessing game. We can nest them, like the "more..." dialog has "change favorites" nested that in turn spawns another popup. This is how this would have to be done.

It is possible to have the context menu on the homescreen with logout. But, wouldnt that be redundant? I mean, you are already on the homescreen. Why not just move options to the top? When entering the homescreen this is where you start. This was an epiphany. Now in actually doing this, and using the app, I can clearly tell this way is superior. It makes the app look smarter placing frequently used items where the user requires less clicks to find them.

I plan on eventually, working out the issues the context menus have. Unifying them all into a single controller rather than the 3 it uses now. This is on the to-do list. But right now, for the immediate future I can do something to fix the problem right now.

Edited by speechles

CBers

This was a requested feature. Delete is intentionally disabled by default because people have remote roku users. This works to prevent users from deleting your collections. Peace of mind to me, is like knowing without a doubt. If you disable delete in app, there is no way that delete button can ever be shown.

Is there a difference between local and remote users then in the way the DELETE permission is administered on the server ?? Is there a server bug ??

If users don't have the permission to delete, then the DELETE button doesn't appear. that's how it works in other Emby apps.

Sorry, still agreeing to disagree :D

To do that requires synching all the context menus. Presently there are 3. The main grid, the episodic/poster, and the audiplayer. When music plays and the main grid doesnt have a context menu set, when pressing * the audioplayer menu pops up. If you are on the episodic/poster this always has a context menu. You decide which pops up in the selectable audio/video toggle that appears in the pop up. Changing this determines which menu pops up.

The problem comes in, when the grid menu is used. This is tied into the main viewcontroller. It is dependent on the handler being present to tell if there is a context menu or not. This requires adding another toggle for audio/video. The issue is, alot of those popups are already full as they can be. So adding the audio/video toggle would overflow the popup and make options invisible. They exist, you can navigate down to them offscreen, but the screen wont scroll with you to them. It will be a guessing game. We can nest them, like the "more..." dialog has "change favorites" nested that in turn spawns another popup. This is how this would have to be done.

It is possible to have the context menu on the homescreen with logout. But, wouldnt that be redundant? I mean, you are already on the homescreen. Why not just move options to the top? When entering the homescreen this is where you start. This was an epiphany. Now in actually doing this, and using the app, I can clearly tell this way is superior. It makes the app look smarter placing frequently used items where the user requires less clicks to find them.

I plan on eventually, working out the issues the context menus have. Unifying them all into a single controller rather than the 3 it uses now. This is on the to-do list. But right now, for the immediate future I can do something to fix the problem right now.

Settings are normally at the end of a list of other options, as you normally want to get to the main reason for opening an app, such as viewing your content.

Having the options row at the top means 1 new (extra) click to get to your content, whereas it's there immediately on opening the app. You mentioned about too many  clicks :)

Would you make it an option to have it at the top or bottom of the screen ??

Is there a difference between local and remote users then in the way the DELETE permission is administered on the server ?? Is there a server bug ??

If users don't have the permission to delete, then the DELETE button doesn't appear. that's how it works in other Emby apps.

Settings are normally at the end of a list of other options, as you normally want to get to the main reason for opening an app, such as viewing your content.

Having the options row at the top means 1 new (extra) click to get to your content, whereas it's there immediately on opening the app. You mentioned about too many clicks :)

Would you make it an option to have it at the top or bottom of the screen ??

Haw.. it is endemic of the server, but no it isnt a bug. Collections doesnt keep track of the owner, like playlists does. This allows anyone to create, edit, and delete collections. This means, when you navigate to a collection the candelete flag is always true. Eventually, luke will address this. He has mentioned in another thread how this should work.

The real reason delete is disabled wasnt for collections. It just worked out that way. I made it a preference to make absolutely damn sure delete isnt possible. Even if the server is set up wrong, or has some odd bug later on.

Edited by speechles

CBers

Haw.. it is endemic of the server, but no it isnt a bug. Collections doesnt keep track of the owner, like playlists does. This allows anyone to create, edit, and delete collections. This means, when you navigate to a collection the candelete flag is always true. Eventually, luke will address this. He has mentioned in another thread how this should work.

The real reason delete is disabled wasnt for collections. It just worked out that way. I made it a preference to make absolutely damn sure delete isnt possible. Even if the server is set up wrong, or has some odd bug later on.

So there is a bug that Collections can be deleted then.

Is it being looked at by Luke or @@ebr ??

Happy2Play

So there is a bug that Collections can be deleted then.

Is it being looked at by Luke or @@ebr ??

@@CBers did you see Luke's comment in the link Speechles posted.

Collections can be created and deleted by anyone. They are currently a shared feature. We may expand on this in the future, but for now that's where it stands.

Edited by Happy2Play

CBers

@@CBers did you see Luke's comment in the link Speechles posted.

Yes, so until the problem is fixed, they can be easily deleted !!

mikeraburn

If I had a "collection" or file that I didn't want deleted, I would COPY it to a storage device that isn't attached to the server.

Accidents happen when our fat fingers get moving.....

• Like 1

bedollandres

Hi,

My movies folder has two subfolders: other, kids.

When I browse in the movies folder, it displays all movies, but not as in subfolder.

Do I have to create two separated shares in Emby's server setting for this to work?

I have this same Issue. If I use the Emby Android App or through Chrome Mobile and connect to the Roku and have Mirror display on, once I go to the Movies in the App it displays the Folders in Roku, but if I click on the Movies directly on Roku it displays all the movies and not the subfolders.

Edited by bedollandres

I have this same Issue. If I use the Emby Android App or through Chrome Mobile and connect to the Roku and have Mirror display on, once I go to the Movies in the App it displays the Folders in Roku, but if I click on the Movies directly on Roku it displays all the movies and not the subfolders.

I think I follow what you are saying....

5f218c930287692ef8e57d4a608e7ad2.jpg

Did you perhaps uncheck these options?

I do notice when mirroring that it incorrectly navigates into the folder view. This happens with homevideo types and when navigate to "folders". It shouldnt be mirroring folders, it should only mirror detail screens. Folders can be considered items too which may be why it is doing this.

Are you able to take a picture, or two (or as many as you can) showing the difference?

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Is the 'View Styles' from Roku settings?

I don't see it on the server's side.

Its on the server. You click your username in the upper right corner, or use the hamburger menu and go to settings.

539bbc9046b9d83db9ae130f6969df22.jpg

It is within home screen settings shown above.

:) View Styles went away quite awhile ago.

Say wha?? So they are enabled by default now?

Happy2Play

Only way to get folder views is now is manually modifying your users config.xml, the restarting your server.  Even enabling "Display a folder view to show plain media folders" via library-display gives enhanced views.

New version: v3.76

* add options row preference

* add variable options row position

* fix viewcontroller play on virtual item crash

d3f6f0f8612e1b00039dceba6be69f92.jpg

This one lets you place the options row where you want. Top, bottom, or both.

Also, found a bug where pressing play directly on a virtual item would crash the app. The videoplayer has to have a playlist. Since virtual items that arent livetv items get skipped this could lead to a playlist of 0 items. This would crash the app when control was handed back to the viewcontroller. Now the viewcontroller is smart to know when the playlist contains 0 items to cancel the videoplayer before it is shown.

Updated all links in first post. If you spot any bugs let me know. Enjoy. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

techworld

:) View Styles went away quite awhile ago.

He is right.

By the way, any eta on the live playlist for Roku?

Edited by techworld