Android Mobile

Redshirt

Redshirt

MBC ignores those commands. I keep meaning to hide them when it's an MBC session but always seem to forget.

mentasm

Thanks.  That would remove some confusion.

One more question:

Is there a way to set a default filter?  I prefer unwatched, date added, descending for most of the things I look at.

wolf359

Are those tablets a500 series. it seems that Asus broke HLS support with their custom Android builds. I would recommend setting the bitrate at something like 6mb/s and turn off "prefer hls" in the android client options. See how that goes.

That sorted it HLS off and 6 mb/s without an external player. I am having trouble with only one TV show but I think that may be a file issue rather than this as everything else works ,

They are A500 series tablets thanks for the help 

Redshirt

Call for additional Beta Testers

I'm looking to expand my current group of beta testers. The key factors that I'm looking for are users who have a device that just doesn't want to play media in the Android client. Not just one or two media files that don't play, but where it's more likely something won't play than will. Candidates will also be required to give timely feedback. 

Any takers?

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 1

coolspot

lol, I like to beta test things but only occasionally have issues with my Nexus 7 so I don't think i fit the bill.

CBers

Is there a list of Android devices that aren't causing problems?

I have used the app on the following devices without issues:

Phones:

Nexus 4

Nexus 5

Samsung Galaxy S3

Tablets:

Nexus 7 (2012)

Nexus 10

HUDL Tablet (Tesco)

The Nexus devices are rooted, the others are not.

For me no problem with these:

Phones:

HTC Butterfly x920d

Tablets:

Samsung Galaxy tab 7.7 P6800

I suggest we have a separate thread for working devices.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

Latchmor

To add to @@CBers list I have used without issue on,

Nexus 4

Nexus 7 (2013)

Also I have a Galaxy SII with CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies installed that I use for testing apps. It has had a few issues with MB but I can't remember which file types off the top of my head. It also would not show as a connected client in the MBS dashboard for some reason.

I'm not sure if you are interested in me testing on this type of software but happy to help if so.

Cheers

Hello Redshirt. I mentioned this problem in another thread but it was off-topic and never addressed, so I figured it would be ok to post it here. I have a Pivos Xios DS with Android operating system. Things seem to work pretty well except for video scaling. My TV is 720p resolution and all videos are 720p files, yes the files do not play full screen. There are sizeable black bars around all four sides of the screen. This occurs on almost all files in my testing regardless of resolution or if the file is streamed or transcoded. The UI of the app itself is great - fits full screen perfectly - it's only when the video players where I experience the problem. 

Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 1280x718 [sAR 1:1 DAR 640:359], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 2k tbc (default)

[Wed Jan 01 00:29:22 GMT+00:00 2014] , Info , Screen Width: 1280 , 1 , main
[Wed Jan 01 00:29:22 GMT+00:00 2014] , Info , Screen Height: 672 , 1 , main

log files are attached, but I pulled out the above out in case it helps.

Thanks for your help!

client-d6cf4053-ed0d-4a07-a128-a0512ea6778b.txt

ffmpeg-1abc2f2c-3dd1-470a-bde5-19c58f4a6688.txt

server-63524649600.log

Edited by spon

Redshirt

The issue is the device reporting the wrong screen resolution. It's been resolved in my internal builds. 

Thanks Redshirt! Is there a way for me to update to the new build or should I just wait for the changes to roll to my machine automatically?

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fraenhawk

This same problem was reported and confirmed with the iOS app, but I noticed it's the same with the Android. Even though I have the "Require manual username entry for:" checkbox checked for Mobile clients, I'm able to see and pick from the user list. I even tried rebooting the server in case it wasn't an instantly applied setting.

Redshirt

I haven't. I was thinking it might be easier to wait for blackberry to file chapter 11.

In all seriosness. During my public betas I only had one user using a blackberry and there were issues with some of the networking calls I was making. To support bb would require me to likely have two separate source trees. If more bb users were to come forward I'd definitely look at the situation again.

trusselo

Have you looked into getting this application on the BlackBerry World app store? BlackBerry apps nowadays are basically Android apps

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

trusselo

I haven't. I was thinking it might be easier to wait for blackberry to file chapter 11.

In all seriosness. During my public betas I only had one user using a blackberry and there were issues with some of the networking calls I was making. To support bb would require me to likely have two separate source trees. If more bb users were to come forward I'd definitely look at the situation again.

you made your point with the first sentence

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

Redshirt

This same problem was reported and confirmed with the iOS app, but I noticed it's the same with the Android. Even though I have the "Require manual username entry for:" checkbox checked for Mobile clients, I'm able to see and pick from the user list. I even tried rebooting the server in case it wasn't an instantly applied setting.

It'll be fixed for next release.

Edited by Redshirt

Vidman

Hi Redshirt

Have you looked into the ouya at all? I started a thead a few days ago saying that there were only a few issues but otherwise works great.. I'm happy to do some testing if you need?

Redshirt

I'm aware of it. I had a quick glance at their website to see if I could find any information about their store. Right now, my client just isn't optimized for direction-pad navigation. The homescreen is proof of that with how many right presses it takes to get to your individual media folders. When the app is more suitable for TV users, I'll look at it again.

How about ps3 six-axis support while adding support for the Ouya? I use [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en ] which works quite sweetly on a nexus 7 (2013) along with slimport thru MyDP using [ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F09DURG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ]. This is like the ouya, except without the shortcomings. ;). Support for controllers, specifically ps3 six-axis, is a definite feature want. ^__^

The main issue, specifically, is simply a few items on-screen are only touchable and won't allow you to move to them as real buttons would. The TV/MOVIE/MUSIC bar at the top for example and a few other spots. It would be quite painful to write up a touch template to map all the different screens of mediabrowser (but not impossible) having the app natively support it all would be much more supreme. If you need me to beta test this I can on: Asus transformer tf300t, nexus 7 (2012) and nexus 7 (2013).

Edited by speechles

Redshirt

I'm not sure I understand why I'd need to do anything. I'd think that the 6-axis software would operate at a lower level than my client and the use of the controller would be transparant.

If you follow MOGA design, then yes, it will work that way. If you follow iCade it may not. I prefer MOGA style if you were to implement it. MOGA should work the same on the Ouya controller as it would on a ps3 six-axis.

Vidman
I'm aware of it. I had a quick glance at their website to see if I could find any information about their store. Right now, my client just isn't optimized for direction-pad navigation. The homescreen is proof of that with how many right presses it takes to get to your individual media folders. When the app is more suitable for TV users, I'll look at it again.

So I am guessing the same is true for using a remote control?

MoNkLorD

Redshirt I've gotten a little farther with my issue....i created a new account called test. setup media library to just movies.. tested and now shows up on my phone...go back to my normal login account and now i see all my shares...but if i remove this test media library i lose it all.my folder structure on server

HD

---movies

---tv

---docuemtaries

---etc....

my media library is everything under HD directory in UNC

\\server\drive\hd\movies