Kodi Script Error - Debug Log

cw-kid

cw-kid

Yea but even then, I'm trying to think... I have less movies but same amount of tv shows and it takes me 2-3minutes for the initial sync... My brother has triple the tv shows, less movies and it only takes 30minutes. Even start up sync should be 1-2 seconds, not 10 minutes. I wonder what could explain this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds worrying then, if your sync's are that quick and mine is talking over 6 hours!

Power / speed of the server running Emby? HP Proliant N40L MicroServer

My Windows 7 laptop with Kodi / Emby add-on, is hard wired I have a full CAT6 network throughout the house with a decent HP Pro-Curve Gigabit switch. 

I am actually going to format this laptop soon and re-installed Windows 7 as Chrome has been killing the memory usage and generally the laptop can be quite slow at times. Too many programs been installed / uninstalled its due a rebuild now. Laptop is quite old as well, first gen Intel i5 2.27GHz with 4GB RAM. 

I have a 27" iMAC in the kitchen with Kodi on it, I think that will be my next test machine with Emby. before I even attempt to change the real HTPC's (OpenElec) round the house to point to Emby instead of MySQL. 

Edited by cw-kid
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

@@cw-kid something is for sure wrong in your setup. Initial scan should take no longer than 1 till 30 minutes, depending on the size of your library. Startup scan is just a few seconds.

cw-kid

@@cw-kid something is for sure wrong in your setup. Initial scan should take no longer than 1 till 30 minutes, depending on the size of your library. Startup scan is just a few seconds.

OK in that case I will format the laptop tomorrow as I planned to do it today anyway's. 

And I will reconfigure the iMAC and install the Emby add-on for Kodi on there and then see how long these sync's are taking then. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

I would say my startup scan in Kodi now is taking about 5 minutes roughly. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

Yeah the startup sync in Kodi is about the same, maybe 7-8 minutes or so, after formatting clean the laptop and reinstalling Windows 7 and Kodi 14.2 for Windows.

I didn't however do a totally clean install of Kodi as there is too much to re-setup with the skin and various add-ons, so I restored the appdata\roaming\kodi folder. 

When launching Kodi the Emby notification says "Performing Full scan" I take it that is normal. I enabled the "Show Sync Progress On Screen" option in the add-on settings. 

The music artists, albums and 21,500 songs seem to take the longest over the movies and tv shows. 

On the plus side the laptop in general seems much snappier now. 

I'll try Emby for Kodi on the iMAC next. 

cw-kid

Just remembered I left the Debug option turned on the Emby add-on settings. 

Turning this off and its now 5.5 mins to sync, so a bit better or maybe just luck.

Would having debug turned on account for a 6 hours first scan? Probably not, so not sure why its being so slow compared to yours. 

cw-kid

First full sync on the Apple mac was quicker only took about 1hr 50mins, least its better than 6 hours lol. 

Startup sync on the mac is about the same 6 mins or so. 

EDIT:

The mediainfo flags for those two .MOVs are also incorrect on the MAC. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

During that initial full sync on the Apple Mac (the Mac is on WI-FI not wired), the WHS 2011 file server didn't look too stressed out.

The RAM usage was about 5GB out of 8GB, the CPU was going up and down but probably averaged between 10-30% usage, up to 50 odd %.

The MediaBrowser.ServerApplication process was using around 637,892K of memory.

The network utilization not sure how accurate that is in task manager, but watching it for a while, its was no more than 0.54%.

555dd06a1a2d3_WHSMonitor1.png

555dd313b83f9_WHSMonitor2.png

I am not too familiar with the Mac as I hardly use it, as its the Kids computer, but I looked in Activity Monitor and Kodi was hitting the CPU pretty hard, initially I never really saw it go below 57% usage and it mainly averaged in the 80-90% usage range.

However when the sync got past the TV section and started doing Music Artists the CPU then dropped right down to 20% and stayed around that mark.

There is 4GB total RAM and it said used 3.78GB but that figure never really changed, I saw it drop to 3.77GB but that was about it. 

EDIT: Whilst scanning the songs I saw the memory usage go up to 3.98GB. The CPU also went up during this time to between 40-60% usage.

I took some screen shots of the Activity Monitor on the Mac whilst Kodi was doing the full sync.

555dcdfda04a0_MacMonitor1.png

555dce09b4fff_MacMonitor2.png

555dce19b3561_MacMonitor3.png

That's about all the detail I can offer on what's going on when a initial first full sync is happening. 

What else could be causing the really slow sync's? 

Next your looking at the router (BT Hub5 for Fibre) and switch (HP Pro-Curve Gigabit) but I don't normally have any network slowness issues either copying large files around the network and can stream Blu-ray .ISOs over the LAN all day long. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I actually had to do the whole Kodi / Emby setup twice, once for my user account on the Mac and a second time for my eldest daughters user account as she also uses Kodi on there. This meant I did the full initial sync twice as well. The second time I timed it with a stop-watch app and it took exactly: 01:16:31

Perhaps if the Mac was hard wired and not on WIFI this might have been a bit better, I could possibly attach a cable and reset the local Kodi DB and time it again. But the Mac is certainly much faster than my Windows 7 laptop which is hard wired, and that took about 6.5 hours to sync. 

I don't think I will connect any of the OpenElec HTPCs to Emby just yet, until some other issues have been resolved like the MediaInfo flags and I might also be having issues with missing fanart images in Kodi for new movie titles that are added to the file server / Emby. 

xnappo

6.5 hours?!  That is with the latest addon?  Something is definitely wrong if that is a hard-wired number.  My collection is half the size and only takes an hour on a RASPBERRY PI!

Edited by xnappo

cw-kid

6.5 hours?!  That is with the latest addon?  Something is definitely wrong if that is a hard-wired number.  My collection is half the size and only takes an hour on a RASPBERRY PI!

Yeah yesterday on my Windows 7 laptop wired to the LAN with the latest version of the Emby add-on the first full sync took 6.5 hours.  :(

My iMac today on WIFI is talking 1hr 15 mins to do its first full sync. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Also something a little bit quirky happened on the Mac with the Music Library, might be worth mentioning? 

After the full sync had completed, when I went in to Music Albums, Kodi was prompting that it wanted to rescan all the music tags again with a Yes / No dialogue. 

I don't recall this happening on the Windows 7 laptop. 

Obviously before I even installed the Emby add-on, I had deleted the original sources.xml file and removed the entries in the advancedsettings.xml file to point Kodi to the MySQL server. 

So to me I felt Kodi should not have been asking me to rescan all the music tags so I selected No. I then closed Kodi and re-opened it. And again after the startup sync, and upon entering the Music Albums area, Kodi  prompted me again to rescan all the music tags. So I said Yes and I could see in the top right hand side were the notifications come up, it said something like scanning music 0% and under that was the old SMB path to the music folder on the file server. 

I then quickly exited Kodi and now when I open Kodi again and go in to the Music Albums area, I am no longer prompted to rescan tags and the albums are just displayed.

I dunno this seemed a bit odd to me as in the sources.xml file which I double checked there was no reference to an SMB path for music. I also went in to the Music -> Files area in Kodi and checked there was no old source listed in there and indeed there was not. 

cw-kid

What version of the Emby server are you running? 

I am currently on a DEV build I think version 3.0.5613.20788 for Windows. 

And the add-on is version 0.1.91 plus a little tweak @@Angelblue05 did for me yesterday to fix my watched flags. 

Also are you syncing music and how many albums have you got? 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

xnappo

Oh - no I am NOT syncing music.  Sorry I missed that :)

I bet that is the difference.

@@Angelblue05 @@marcelveldt - thinking the full startup sync (not initial sync) should maybe be optional for music (and have an option to sync music in the menu).

Edited by xnappo

cw-kid

1300 albums takes some time  :o but the Mac sync timings sound maybe right? just over an hour to do the initial sync. Not sure why the laptop took so long though. 

After that my startup syncs on the Mac and laptop are about the same 6-8 minutes maybe. 

Angelblue05

Oh - no I am NOT syncing music. Sorry I missed that :)

I bet that is the difference.

@@Angelblue05 @@marcelveldt - thinking the full startup sync (not initial sync) should maybe be optional for music (and have an option to sync music in the menu).

I thought it was already this way. Isn't the option under sync in the addon settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xnappo

I didn't explain well.

I mean be able to have Music syncing ON but only manually triggered - because the music sync takes a really long time (comparatively).

I guess right now you could accomplish this by turning it on, syncing, then turning it off.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

cw-kid

I kinda agree with @@xnappo my music collection is much more static than my movies and tv shows as I don't add new music that regular. So think its a good idea to have Music Syncing turned on but maybe with a manual sync option so it doesn't happen every time Kodi loads. 

marcelveldt

I didn't explain well.

I mean be able to have Music syncing ON but only manually triggered - because the music sync takes a really long time (comparatively).

I guess right now you could accomplish this by turning it on, syncing, then turning it off.

Yeah, we could a add a switch for that now. Once we have our first stable version released I'll take a look in improving the music sync as there might be something to improve on that section.