Kodi Script Error - Debug Log

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

I seem to have started getting a script error with the Emby add-on for Kodi

Now I open Kodi, Emby says Performing Full Sync and seems to do most of the sync, but on 99% of the Music albums I then see the script error message.

Actually I only just imported my entire music collection in to Emby two days ago and this script error only seems to have started happening since then!

From the log:

12:08:00 T:6152   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 225, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 145, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                libSync = librarySync.FullLibrarySync()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 104, in FullLibrarySync
                                                self.MusicFullSync(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 368, in MusicFullSync
                                                self.ProcessMusicSongs(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 384, in ProcessMusicSongs
                                                total = len(allEmbySongs) + 1
                                            TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full Kodi / Emby add-on debug log file here

I am also having other issues with many missing albums in Emby see here.

Thanks

marcelveldt

I will check I out for you later today or tomorrow. In the meanwhile maybe turn off the music support in the addon so you can keep using the addon for movies and shows.

cw-kid

Thanks!

I also tried a local Kodi DB reset and full sync again but its still coming up with the script error at the end on the music albums. 

Its also now taking an extremely long time to reset and sync now all my media content is in Emby! 

I will disable the music sync as you suggested for the time being. 

Cheers

cw-kid

This can be ignored - just some instructions for my brother to also turn it off

In Kodi go to Applications and select Program Add-ons

5558c89cf297e_KodiMusicSync1.png

Scroll down the list of programs and highlight Emby then press C on the keyboard to bring up the context menu and select Add-on Settings. (Or you can press the Guide button on the remote control to bring up the context menu).

5558c8d78926f_KodiMusicSync2.png

In the add-on settings go to Sync Options and turn off Music Library Sync, then press left on the keyboard or remote to select the OK, then press Enter on the keyboard or the OK button on the remote to save it.

5558c959d5bee_KodiMusicSync3.png

Close Kodi and then reopen it after it syncs again you should then be able to play Movies / TV Shows and the Music library now cannot be used. 

cw-kid

Can also confirm my brother has been getting the same error in Kodi "Monitoring Service is not running If you have just installed please restart Kodi" So he must have been getting the script errors as well. I've talked him through turning off the Music syncing. 

He is running Kodi Helix 14.2 on Windows 8.1 I am currently running same version of Kodi on Windows 7. 

One other difference I can see, he is still on Emby add-on version 0.1.82 mine has updated to 0.1.89

I talked him through doing a Force Refresh on the Emby beta repository and also to check for updates but as yet its not picked up the updated version of the add-on. Maybe it will on next restart of Kodi. 

We both have version 1.0.3 of the actual Emby repository. 

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

It still doesn't display 0.1.9 as the latest version? Even after selecting check for new updates at settings > addons level? :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cw-kid

Hi

What the Emby add-on should now be version 0.1.9 ?

Let me try now to refresh it in Kodi

cw-kid

Yes it does now say version 0.1.9 must have just updated not long ago then!

Angelblue05

No, we have our changelog thread in the forums. :) There's no intro for 0.1.9 because it's the same as the previous version except we are trying to mitigate the error you've been seeing along with fixing direct play with content that has special characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

OK this is kinda strange!

I am currently at my mum's house and I also put Kodi Helix 14.2 on to her Windows 7 laptop. The Emby add-on has just done a full complete sync to my Emby server and there are no script errors and everything is working normally!

If I check the version number of the Emby add-on it is 0.1.85

Also it does not want to seem to update the add-on, I tried Force Refresh and Check for updates on the repository but it remains as 0.1.85 but like I said this is working here. 

But me and my bother are both getting script errors on the new versions of the add-on.

Thanks. 

cw-kid

Spoke too soon! I've still not seen any script failed errors on this PC, but we were getting lots of messages about the monitoring service not running. I'd say I closed and opened Kodi 7-8 times and it probably actually played something twice. 

Hopefully these issues will be sorted at some point

Cheers

EDIT:

Just read in another thread that in version 0.1.9 you removed this monitoring service thing. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

Here is a new log file from my laptop with the 0.1.9 Emby add-on installed. 

I also turned on the Kodi debug logging as well as the debug option in the Emby add-on settings, not sure if there are any more details about the Script Failed Error whilst scanning the music albums, this time?

15:43:17 T:7040   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 227, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 145, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                libSync = librarySync.FullLibrarySync()
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 104, in FullLibrarySync
                                                self.MusicFullSync(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 368, in MusicFullSync
                                                self.ProcessMusicSongs(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 407, in ProcessMusicSongs
                                                WriteKodiMusicDB().addOrUpdateSongToKodiLibrary(item["Id"],connection, cursor)
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\WriteKodiMusicDB.py", line 307, in addOrUpdateSongToKodiLibrary
                                                timeInfo = API().getTimeInfo(MBitem)
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\API.py", line 39, in getTimeInfo
                                                userData = item.get("UserData")
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Many thanks

cw-kid

Not sure if you guys have fixed something at your end? But the full sync on my Kodi seems to have started working again and for the last few attempts I am no longer getting the script error and the sync now gets past the Music Albums part and proceeds on to Songs and then completes. 

I am wondering if this script error issue might have been related to the issues I was having with multi disc albums in Emby here? As after I corrected all the metadata for those types of albums not long after the sync seemed to start working again. 

Only problem I have now is that the watched / unwatched flags in Kodi are not fully matching the ones in the Emby web GUI. I spent a long time ensuring all my watched flags were correct in the web GUI, but now in Kodi some movies I have marked as watched are showing as unwatched. 

I did a local DB reset last night in Kodi and this morning some of the watched flags are still incorrect.

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

The watched status should be fixed in 0.1.91. Have you tried it? :)

Not yet but will do

Angelblue05

It won't fix what's already messed up, but I put a "fail-safe" to ensure that when you finish watching something, it marks it as watched.

cw-kid

So I would have to reset local DB to fix all the watched flags?

I uninstalled 0.1.9 and installed 0.1.9.1 and then closed and reopened Kodi, but I can still see movies in Kodi showing as unwatched when they are marked as watched in Emby.

Cheers

Angelblue05

If they are marked as watched in the server and not in Kodi, then yes...start from scratch will surely fix it. Still it's pretty odd it's not updating....it should at least, when Kodi starts.

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

Hi

So I did a full local DB reset in my Kodi with version 0.1.9.1 of the add-on but in the Movies library in Kodi I am still seeing movies marked as unwatched that are marked as watched in the Emby web GUI. 

A reset is now taking 2 or 3 hours to complete as its very slow scanning everything. 

Thanks

cw-kid

I also just re-tested the following which still seems to work OK:

1. In Kodi find a movie that is showing as not watched and change it to watched. When then looking in the Emby web GUI, that movie is also showing as watched in there.

2. In the Emby web GUI mark the same movie as unwatched, then in Kodi click on manual sync. Then this movie title in Kodi is now showing as unwatched again.

So all that seems to be working fine, but for some reason when its doing the full sync for the first time or incremental syncs after that, its not picking up all the currently set watched flags from Emby server. 

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

I just reset my database to test and all my playstates are correct. Odd, did you try deleting the actual database file myvideos90.db when you reset? The funny thing is that manual sync is the same function as the first time sync :P

cw-kid

With the Kodi skin I am using (Xperience1080) the watched flags are what I would say are the wrong way round but...

1. Watched = No blue circle

2. Unwatched = Blue circle present.

Anyway's that is not the issue as same problem can be seen in Confluence skin.

"2 Guns" in Kodi is marked as unwatched

555c4db523cbe_WatchedIncorrect1.png

Same in Confluence skin marked as unwatched

555c4e566e547_WatchedIncorrect3.png

"2 Guns" in Emby web GUI is showing as Watched

555c4df14f161_WatchedIncorrect2.png

cw-kid

I just reset my database to test and all my playstates are correct. Odd, did you try deleting the actual database file myvideos90.db when you reset? The funny thing is that manual sync is the same function as the first time sync :P

No I did not manually delete the database file, should I have done?