In Emby I am missing 210 music albums vs Kodi MySQL album total

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

Two days ago I imported my music library from Kodi into Emby Server. I first ran the Kodi export music library to separate files option to create the .nfo metadata files. 

When I look at the total number of albums in the Emby web GUI it is 210 albums short of my real actual total. 

One difference I can see visually in Emby vs Kodi / MySQL, is that in Emby compilation albums like:

100 Forgotten Sixties Classics - CD1

100 Forgotten Sixties Classics - CD2

100 Forgotten Sixties Classics - CD3

100 Forgotten Sixties Classics - CD4

Only CD4 can be seen in Emby but in Kodi / MySQL all four albums are visible. 

I am not sure if these types of compilation albums account for all of the missing 210 albums? Or if there are other issues as well that have prevented some albums from appearing in Emby.

Not sure where to start with this one to get it resolved?

Thanks

im85288

Can you move this question to the Kodi thread, it will be more likely to receive attention there.

It sounds like he's reporting against the server, no? We should look at a specific example along with the folder structure being used

cw-kid

Yes this is a server question as the number of albums showing is short in the Emby web GUI as well as Kodi.

For these compilation albums the structure is:

5558bdc25efcd_MusicCompilations1.png

Using this structure has worked previously for Windows Media Player 11 / Windows Media Center and XBMC / Kodi. 

Its probably worth noting that the 3x Irish Pub Songs albums, that are not in \CD sub-folders above the 100 Forgotten Sixties Classics, all 3 of these Irish Pub Songs albums are showing in the Emby web GUI OK.

Yet for the 100 Forgotten Sixties Classics only CD4 seems to be appearing in Emby

Thanks

Yea we put all of those together as one album. If you click on it does it show all songs?

cw-kid

Yea we put all of those together as one album. If you click on it does it show all songs?

Looks like you are right, but its not great to be honest, I'd rather see them as four separate albums or if they are to be grouped together by Emby as one album then for the album title to be correct at least, as its saying - CD4.

You can see all the track ones are now in the list together so you couldn't play just CD1 and then just CD2 as all the tracks from all four albums are now mixed together. 

5558c097f0661_MusicCompilations3.png

They would be separated by disc if the disc field was filled in. I do want to change albums to ignore the folder structure and be fully tag based. Hoping to do that soon

cw-kid

I had issues with Logitech Media Server / Squeezebox system and that Discs field so I have them all blank for that reason. 

If we could have the choice in Emby, if to show them as separate albums which is what I would prefer or for Emby to group them as one album, that would be great! 

Once we do them by tags it will separate. In the meantime the disc field can help work around it

cw-kid

What do you think is the best way to populate this DiscNumber field in MP3TAG? 

1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4

etc?

EDIT: Tried that its scanning the library now. I also took the - CD# off the end of the Album title. 

5558c61d9f79f_MusicCompilations5.png

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

OK after the re-scan it now looks like this:

Still one album showing in the main albums list

5558cbcad3bb7_MusicCompilations7.png

But when you click in to it, it now has split the Discs in to the four separate discs etc, which is better.

5558cb87591ef_MusicCompilations6.png

The overall album total count has remained the same however and not increased. Which I guess you could say is correct. As it is one album just with four discs.  

cw-kid

I've spent several hours correcting the metadata tags for all my compilation albums with multiple discs and also on my artists albums that have multiple discs. Now they all look correct in the Emby web GUI as in the screen shots in the last post. 

I then on the Kodi PC that is still connected to the MySQL server scanned and then cleaned the music library. 

Now in Kodi connected to MySQL the album total is 1378 (it was previously 1600) and in the Emby web GUI the total number of albums is still 1390. So its a much closer match now with just 12 albums difference some where. 

Eventually I will drop the MySQL altogether and reconfigure all the Kodi HTPCs in the house to point to the Emby Server instead.

However I am currently having issues with Music in the Emby add-on for Kodi and script errors. 

Native Kodi with MySQL actually doesn't handle these albums with multi discs any better, now I have removed the - CD1 - CD 2 etc from the album titles, I just see one album in Kodi and all the tracks are lumped in together, see new thread here on Kodi forum. 

EDIT: Can be done in native Kodi you have to sort by track, see here.

EDIT2: Sorting by Track in Kodi connected to Emby does not work. New thread about that issue here

Edited by cw-kid