2374 replies to this topic

#521 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Local time: 03:58 PM

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

let me know if any of the command you need are not working with MediaPowerGrid - as it emulates a WMC remote, most controls should work

It seems to be working. In theory this is essentially what i am requesting so we can completely control mbt without needing extra keyboards or mce remotes, and have it included in the apps for ios/android/windows  phone apps so i can fully control mbt (while launching and browsing movies from those apps as well), that is basically what the xbmc app is...... what the current android and ios apps are for media browser, plus a remote control like this.

Just to show their layout, and how you can flip from your media on the phone/ipad seamlessly to the remote control when needed. This should probably be requested for the ios/android devs (redshirt) but the functionality to allow them to add commands to control mbt sounds like it needs to be added first. 

http://cdn2.cybernet...xbmc-remote.jpg

Edited by Ghostm, 21 February 2014 - 01:46 AM.

#522 lorac OFFLINE  

lorac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Local time: 02:58 PM
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

Can the backdrop screensaver show more items?  Currently it repeats after perhaps 25 items or so?  Also be nice for the rotation on the home screen to go through more than 10 selections.

#523 Mopar_Mudder OFFLINE  

Mopar_Mudder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Local time: 04:58 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

How do you mark an item or entire folder as watched? * on remote and Ctrl + W don't seem to work

#524 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157137 posts
  • Local time: 05:58 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

you can do it from the detail page. for now that's all that's been implemented.

#525 Mopar_Mudder OFFLINE  

Mopar_Mudder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

you can do it from the detail page. for now that's all that's been implemented.

Oh boy, 600+ movies that's not gona work. Was hoping to get everything squared away before putting MBC in, because MB2 & MBC can't live together correct?

#526 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157137 posts
  • Local time: 05:58 PM

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

just do it from the web client

#527 Mopar_Mudder OFFLINE  

Mopar_Mudder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

just do it from the web client

I couldn't find a way to mark them all watched at one time

I found it, seems like their are too many ways to get at stuff, guess I just need to learn

Edited by Mopar_Mudder, 24 February 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#528 lorac OFFLINE  

lorac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

Is there a way to get LAV to display subtitles from external files?  I haven't had much problem with embedded ones, but I can only seem to get the subtitles working through MPC-HC.

#529 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

It seems to be working. In theory this is essentially what i am requesting so we can completely control mbt without needing extra keyboards or mce remotes, and have it included in the apps for ios/android/windows  phone apps so i can fully control mbt (while launching and browsing movies from those apps as well), that is basically what the xbmc app is...... what the current android and ios apps are for media browser, plus a remote control like this.

Just to show their layout, and how you can flip from your media on the phone/ipad seamlessly to the remote control when needed. This should probably be requested for the ios/android devs (redshirt) but the functionality to allow them to add commands to control mbt sounds like it needs to be added first. 

http://cdn2.cybernet...xbmc-remote.jpg

Not to keep harping on this, will be my last post on it, but i just noticed with all the plex talk on here to see if they have a remote control option (I didnt want to pay 4.99) and it looks like they do have a remote included in their app as well, i dont know how its designed however.

From reading on the forum it sounds like it asks you to "select a player" and then the appropriate remote control can be selected to control the device. Such as their version of mbt. It has full blown navigation controls to control and navigate it.

This review shows it at 2:15 and what I would like to see in mb3 apps to better control clients like mbt.

Edit oops originally posted wrong link.

Edited by Ghostm, 27 February 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#530 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts
  • Local time: 01:58 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Yes, I understand this functionality will be coming in the future as was stated above. 

#531 lorac OFFLINE  

lorac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

I would like to see the ability to maximize MBT simply by double clicking within it as you can do with most applications.  Mine frequently becomes windowed (likely due to my AVR), and the min / max buttons are not that user friendly for accomplishing this.

Also, can there be an option to have MBT installed for all users?  Currently it only seems to be available for the user that installed it.

#532 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts
  • Local time: 01:58 PM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

I would like to see the ability to maximize MBT simply by double clicking within it as you can do with most applications.  Mine frequently becomes windowed (likely due to my AVR), and the min / max buttons are not that user friendly for accomplishing this.

Also, can there be an option to have MBT installed for all users?  Currently it only seems to be available for the user that installed it.

I can maximize MBT by double clicking in the title bar just like any other Windows Application. Double click anywhere above the row with the MediaBrowser logo...

edit: though you probably mean with a remote..

Edited by Wayne Luke, 27 February 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#533 lorac OFFLINE  

lorac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

I didn't actually mean a remote (although that would be nice).  What I meant was MBT will become windowed, and I want it to be full screen.  In a program like MPC-HC I just double click anywhere in the application and it goes back to full screen.  In MBT this doesn't work.

#534 Latchmor OFFLINE  

Latchmor

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1604 posts
  • Local time: 10:58 PM
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hi, This is not the way 'most' applications work though, it's double clicking the Title Bar as Wayne said.

I've only come across a few that let you double click anywhere to maximise.

Cheers

#535 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Not sure where i should post this, but interesting 3rd party developers views, I use roomie remote for ios and several people asked them for mb3 support, and we were disappointed with the latest release why no support was added. 

They responded mb3 has a unique api and will be alot of work (not sure how true this is) and then asked what exactly mb3 can do that plex/xbmc cant because they are unsure, and make a case why adding it is worth their time over giving plex more attention.

I hope i made the case because i use it for my complete home control and found it on avsforum last year and have everything in my house automated through it, but i hope 3rd party developers are not asking what exactly mb3 can do that plex cant.

#536 Shaun OFFLINE  

Shaun

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 188 posts
  • Local time: 08:58 AM
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

Not sure where i should post this, but interesting 3rd party developers views, I use roomie remote for ios and several people asked them for mb3 support, and we were disappointed with the latest release why no support was added. 

They responded mb3 has a unique api and will be alot of work (not sure how true this is) and then asked what exactly mb3 can do that plex/xbmc cant because they are unsure, and make a case why adding it is worth their time over giving plex more attention.

I hope i made the case because i use it for my complete home control and found it on avsforum last year and have everything in my house automated through it, but i hope 3rd party developers are not asking what exactly mb3 can do that plex cant.

I had a quick look at roomie remote and it has support for windows media center, so theoretically it should support MBT - I see that roomie can communicate via IP or IR. So if you are you have the room IR blaster so support Infrared comms, if should work perfectly with MBT if you select windows media center profile.

If you don't have a IR blaster, you (me, roomie, someone) has to build a ip interface between roomie and MBT using the roomie SDK. We are in the process of updating and expanding our command set and remote control mangement (including our ip based commands). I will have a look at the roomie SDK and see how  difficult it would be.

• Ghostm likes this

#537 Vidman OFFLINE  

Vidman

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2701 posts
  • Local time: 05:58 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:33 AM

I see roomie is iOS only....can I suggest a multiplatform solution may be better to look into

#538 Shaun OFFLINE  

Shaun

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 188 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:24 AM

I see roomie is iOS only....can I suggest a multiplatform solution may be better to look into

unified remote.  Android & IOS in beta (i've got the beta)

http://www.unifiedremote.com/

use the media center profile. There will eventually be a MBT profile.

#539 Vidman OFFLINE  

Vidman

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2701 posts
  • Local time: 05:58 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

That's actually what I was going to suggest ... but noticed iOS has not been officially released yet so I held off😀

#540 Shaun OFFLINE  

Shaun

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 188 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

That's actually what I was going to suggest ... but noticed iOS has not been officially released yet so I held off

The Iphone beta is rock solid - I have not had a problem. I can't image it will be too long before its released.

Also, I had a slightly deeper look at the roomie SDK. It supports http API links via a XML file, so it would be very

easy to support our MB3 server api. Currently though, we don't support a lot of commands via the api - i.e no arrows

etc, so it will have to wait until we expand the apI (hopefully not too long).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users