#441 Deihmos OFFLINE  

Deihmos

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1086 posts
  • Local time: 05:16 PM
  • LocationNYC

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Without direct play the windows 8 app isn't going to work.  How about the issue with lav? The system try icon does not appear even though I enabled it.

Edited by Deihmos, 09 February 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#442 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts
  • Local time: 01:16 PM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

On the desktop, windows frequently hides tray icons on based on its own volition. You have to customize the tray to tell it to show the icons at all times instead of just notifications. This is done in the taskbar control panel settings by right-clicking the taskbar. Don't know how you would set them on a Windows 8 tablet.

#443 Deihmos OFFLINE  

Deihmos

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1086 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

On the desktop, windows frequently hides tray icons on based on its own volition. You have to customize the tray to tell it to show the icons at all times instead of just notifications. This is done in the taskbar control panel settings by right-clicking the taskbar. Don't know how you would set them on a Windows 8 tablet.

That's not the problem. Either MBT isn't using lav or it changes the behavior. The icons show up fine if I play with media player.

#444 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hmm.. It appears for me when I am playing media. However I don't have any external players defined and LAV is the only codec set that I have installed on the machine.

Ic2btUQ.jpg

#445 Deihmos OFFLINE  

Deihmos

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1086 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

That is the icon for the lav splitter. That will show but the decoders do not show up. Windows has built in h264 decoders. I even changed lav as the default video decoder but they still don't show which means MBT is using Windows decoders and not lav. They show up when using Windows media player.

Edited by Deihmos, 09 February 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#446 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1430 posts
  • Local time: 06:46 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Have you tried to disable the Windows Media Foundation drivers for the media type you are playing (WinDSFilterTweaker)? I needed to on my Win7 machine in order to allow LAV filters to be used by MBC. Don't know if you can do this on Win8 but it might be worth a shot!.

#447 Deihmos OFFLINE  

Deihmos

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1086 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

mkv  file extension is not a recognized extension and wouldn't be listed in media foundation.  I have come to the conclusion that MBT does something to hide those icons during playback because I disabled all MS decoders and the video still played. This is what the icons look like.

52f7e7142229d_Capture.png

Edited by Deihmos, 09 February 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#448 Jdiesel OFFLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2936 posts
  • Local time: 03:16 PM
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Try adding

<ShowTrayIcon>true</ShowTrayIcon>

To your system.xml

#449 Deihmos OFFLINE  

Deihmos

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1086 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

Jdiesel, on 09 Feb 2014 - 5:18 PM, said:

Try adding

<ShowTrayIcon>true</ShowTrayIcon>

To your system.xml

Yep that's it. I had a feeling it had something to do with the player now if only it was more touch friendly. Thanks.

#450 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

Is your server sleeping as well? Is the server on the same or another PC?

Thanks for the reply, server is on another machine and is awake all the time. The htpc does go to sleep after 45 min.

Here is a paste bin, but i am assuming you were correct in your original guess that its an issue with the network taking a second or two to wake up from sleep and it cant connect to mb server and then immediately produces the unhandled exception cant connect to the remote server (Upon wake).

This is the crash log that only occurs when I wake my pc from sleep and just started happening recently.  

http://pastebin.com/bUmr6WhX

The only new thing I have done was add the plugin on the server side to relaunch/restart the server once a day at 6am, but the pc with mbt would be sleeping as well and would not be trying to access anything.

Edited by Ghostm, 10 February 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#451 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

The error is that the server didn't respond in enough time. This could be because the network interface on the HTPC hasn't been re-established after waking. One would think the socket would toss an error saying there is now connection. Though if you have your HTPC in a VM the system might not know there isn't a connection. Same if you have VPN running. Unfortunately, it will need programming changes to catch the error and display a retry dialog instead of failing.

#452 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Thanks for the response, dont have a vpn or virtual machine. I notice last night while testing i woke it a few times after sleep and it did not display the error.

I came home tonight again woke it, and the error was present. I will do more tests to see if i notice any sort of pattern.

#453 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Im noticing even on full pc restart mbt wants to go through setup guide  because my ethernet  is not ready for about 30 seconds after the reboot and i get that generic screen saying no server was detected, lets get started ect... . This is becoming quite frustrating, i suppose I could just enable a delay at launch but that wont help the sleep issue.

Is this a strange or rare problem on my end? I am surprised we dont see quite a few reports about this issue which makes me wonder if its something with my network adapter on my pc taking a long time to start up. Theirs nothing wrong with it, its rock solid I have no issues, it just takes time to startup from sleep or a reboot, but since i havent seen any complaints with the same issue, it makes me wonder if theirs a setting or something else i can change?

Edited by Ghostm, 11 February 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#454 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Have you looked to see if there are driver updates for your Ethernet port? 30 seconds seems like a long time. Do you have a lot of startup items on your HTPC?

#455 ronvp OFFLINE  

ronvp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Have you tried to stop your network card from sleeping?  Go to your network adapter settings, then go to the power tab and uncheck the box that lets windows shut down your network card...

• Koleckai Silvestri likes this

#456 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

Have you tried to stop your network card from sleeping?  Go to your network adapter settings, then go to the power tab and uncheck the box that lets windows shut down your network card...

Good tip. I had forgotton about this completely.

#457 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

I might have exaggerated a bit on the 30 seconds, I counted when i got home and its around 20 seconds.

Dont have many startup items, mbt is launched and ready apparently before the network. This really just started happening and I havent touched my pc really other then to play movies. I havent even updated windows in the past few weeks (I do that manually).

Anyway I turned off allow pc to put network adapter to sleep.

Will see if that does the trick.

#458 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

Does not look like turning off letting the network adapter sleep did any good, still mbt throwing out the same error after sleep.

It did appear to stop it from occurring on launch in a few tests i did, but still when the pc puts the computer to sleep after 45 minutes and when i wake it, mbt is active (Its an htpc so i never shutdown or close mbt its always open), it gives me that unhanded exception error about connecting to the remote server.

Edited by Ghostm, 12 February 2014 - 03:11 AM.

#459 Ghostm OFFLINE  

Ghostm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

Did a bit more testing, my network card actually wakes up fairly quickly, i was testing through vnc, going right through the computer itself hooked up to a monitor it seems to have internet access fairly quickly.

What I am noticing is this error pops out the second i wake my pc. Before my tv even displays an image on screen it throws out unhandled exception like its a default error that is going to pop out whenever I wake my pc. 

#460 Danee OFFLINE  

Danee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Local time: 11:16 PM
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

@Ghostm, I think I have the same issue. I never noticed it before because I run MBT from WMC and until yesterday never put my system to sleep while MBT was active. I woke it later and got the error. To be certain it was not a one off, I did some testing with short timespans in sleep mode and it didn't happen again. I decided to test it for a longer period and just woke it up just to find out I indeed got the error. I will do some more testing and post the results here (maybe a moderator can split this issue into it's own thread?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users