Android App cannot playback movies

2hansen

2hansen

Whenever I try to playback movies with the Android App it doesn't work - the server (Mac OS X) throws the below errors and the app returns to the movie overview.

From the same device I can view the movies in the browser. Similarly the iOS app seems to work.

2015-04-08 20:59:42.3644 Info - App: /Users/bhh/.config/mediabrowser-server/ffmpeg/20150110/ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i file:"/Volumes/Secure/iTunes/Movies/Alien/Alien.mp4" -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -maxrate -124000 -bufsize -248000 -vsync vfr -level 40 -force_key_frames expr:gte(t,n_forced*6) -vf "scale=min(iw\,426):trunc(ow/dar/2)*2" -copyts -flags -global_header -codec:a:0 copy -hls_time 6 -start_number 0 -hls_list_size 0 -y "/Users/bhh/.config/mediabrowser-server/transcoding-temp/3a3861ba3babf73041ddfd2beda3c153.m3u8"
2015-04-08 20:59:42.4291 Info - App: FFMpeg exited with code 1
2015-04-08 20:59:42.4291 Error - App: Error reading ffmpeg log
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5518.7
Command line: /Applications/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MacOS/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac
Operating system: Unix 14.1.0.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: False
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: /Users/bhh/.config/mediabrowser-server
Mono: 3.10.0 ((detached/d1a1ea3)
Application Path: /Applications/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.app/Contents/MonoBundle/MediaBrowser.Server.Mac.exe
The object was used after being disposed.
System.ObjectDisposedException
   at System.IO.FileStream.Write (System.Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.BaseStreamingService+<StartStreamingLog>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by 2hansen

2hansen

Hi 

And thank you for prompt reply.

It seems like I had an older version of the Android App installed, which caused the error.

However, the new Emby Android App gives me similar problems. I can connect to the server, I can browse my library, but as soon I choose "play", nothing happens and the App becomes unresponsive.

I have included three log files:

One from the server, when I start it and plays back the movie in the local browser (which works fine)

One from the server, when I start it and (try to) play back the movie from the Emby Android App (which doesn't work)

The corresponding Android log 

Hope this makes sense - otherwise let me know how I can help you further...

Thanks...

B:)

From AndroidAppe4c9e584-32fd-4e15-908a-ff365f8b6b5e.log

StartServerAndPlayFromAndroidserver-63564125267.txt

StartServerAndPlayLocallyInBrowserserver-63564125174.txt

Hi 

And thank you for prompt reply.

It seems like I had an older version of the Android App installed, which caused the error.

However, the new Emby Android App gives me similar problems. I can connect to the server, I can browse my library, but as soon I choose "play", nothing happens and the App becomes unresponsive.

I have included three log files:

One from the server, when I start it and plays back the movie in the local browser (which works fine)

One from the server, when I start it and (try to) play back the movie from the Emby Android App (which doesn't work)

The corresponding Android log 

Hope this makes sense - otherwise let me know how I can help you further...

Thanks...

First thing to do is update to the latest version of the server. Then report back if you're still experiencing issues.

2hansen

I would love to do that - and I already tried it.

However the latest OS X versions suffers from not being able to start - and has been rolled back.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19890-server-wont-update-past-version-3055187/

Does this leaves OS X server based installations as not-working-with-Android-App until the server's been fixed?