Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

himisk71

ok, with the last update of the plugin i can see the recordings again, but can't play. this will be shown in the log:

2018-02-28 08:54:21.797 Error App: Error in ffprobe
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.3.0.3
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.14.16.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	System.Exception: ffprobe failed for file:"Ray Donovan/Ray Donovan-Der hellste Stern am Himmel_Sky Atlantic HD_2017-12-15_22-00.ts" - streams and format are both null.
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.<GetMediaInfoInternal>d__62.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<ProbeVideo>d__15`1.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RunCustomProvider>d__41.MoveNext()
	System.Exception
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.<GetMediaInfoInternal>d__62.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<ProbeVideo>d__15`1.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RunCustomProvider>d__41.MoveNext()

2018-02-28 08:54:21.797 Info App: Skipping image extraction due to missing DefaultVideoStreamIndex for Ray Donovan/Ray Donovan-Der hellste Stern am Himmel_Sky Atlantic HD_2017-12-15_22-00.ts.

ok, with the last update of the plugin i can see the recordings again, but can't play. this will be shown in the log:

*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	System.Exception: ffprobe failed for file:"Ray Donovan/Ray Donovan-Der hellste Stern am Himmel_Sky Atlantic HD_2017-12-15_22-00.ts" - streams and format are both null.
	System.Exception

2018-02-28 08:54:21.797 Info App: Skipping image extraction due to missing DefaultVideoStreamIndex for Ray Donovan/Ray Donovan-Der hellste Stern am Himmel_Sky Atlantic HD_2017-12-15_22-00.ts.

same here: I get "Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Gerrit507

*** Error Report ***
	System.Exception

same here: I get "Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Yes, I know. I just haven't had the time to fix it yet. 

At the moment the path is just a relative path inside the recordings folder e.g. /show/show28022018.mkv

but what we need is:

http://ip:9981/dvrfile/uuid

the uuid is a hex id we currently don't have stored...

Nevermind. It also works with the id we have, fix will come later... :)

Edited by Gerrit507

I pushed an update based on an error i saw in another user's log. Probably unrelated to what you're looking at though.

Gerrit507

@@Luke

I've fixed it:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Tvheadend/pull/5

It will create the correct recording path, but keep in mind this will also expose the tvheadend credentials in the log file. I don't know if this is ok. Do you have any advise how to do it differently, like passing the credentials to the server or something like that?

Thanks everyone for your efforts!

When changing my Emby server from Mono to .NET Core 2 days ago, i wasn't able to use Tvheadend anymore. When it was enabled, the server just crashed as soon as I could see the user "emby" being logged in to the Tvheadend server.

This is now fixed.

Thank you!

Thanks everyone for your efforts!

When changing my Emby server from Mono to .NET Core 2 days ago, i wasn't able to use Tvheadend anymore. When it was enabled, the server just crashed as soon as I could see the user "emby" being logged in to the Tvheadend server.

This is now fixed.

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback and thanks to Gerrit for helping resolve it.

Gerrit507

@@Luke

I've tested your new implementation for the channel icons. I was getting a 401 error. Then I added username and password to the path, like it worked with the recordings, still a 401 error. I just don't get it. If I enter the exact same url in my browser it shows the image.

When I create an empty "user" with no password for my local subnet it can access the file but there is still the issue with the missing mimeType.

Then there is another issue. The image path doesn't seem to get updated when the channel already exists in the db. I tracked it down with VS and LiveTVManager gets the channel with the new image path but the db update method simply doesn't update it. I always needed to delete my data folder and start with a fresh install to get the new path.

Edited by Gerrit507

Unable to see any channels on Emby even though TvHeadend+Kodi works!

TvHeadend does connect to TvHeadend Server but nothing happens.

Emby

2018-03-02 19:45:56.808 htsp: 192.168.0.28: Identified as user 'hsran' (unverified)
2018-03-02 19:45:56.808 htsp: 192.168.0.28 [ hsran ]: Welcomed client software: TVHclient4Emby-3.3.0.0 (HTSPv20)
2018-03-02 19:45:56.816 htsp: 192.168.0.28 [ hsran | TVHclient4Emby-3.3.0.0 ]: Identified as user 'hsran'
2018-03-02 19:45:56.816 htsp: 192.168.0.28 [ hsran | TVHclient4Emby-3.3.0.0 ]: Privileges updated

2018-03-02 19:46:54.410 iptv: m3u parse: 0 new mux(es) in network 'IPTV Automatic Network' (total 42)

Kodi

2018-03-02 19:39:23.073 htsp: 192.168.0.4: Welcomed client software: Kodi Media Center (HTSPv25)
2018-03-02 19:39:23.075 htsp: 192.168.0.4 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Identified as user 'hsran'
2018-03-02 19:39:23.075 htsp: 192.168.0.4 [ hsran | Kodi Media Center ]: Privileges updated
2018-03-02 19:39:25.289 subscription: 0075: "epggrab" unsubscribing
2018-03-02 19:39:26.289 mpegts: tvh-tv.m3u8 - TVNZ 1 in IPTV Automatic Network - tuning on IPTV
2018-03-02 19:39:26.290 subscription: 0078: "epggrab" subscribing to mux "tvh-tv.m3u8 - TVNZ 1", weight: 4, adapter: "IPTV", network: "IPTV Automatic Network", service: "Raw PID Subscription"
2018-03-02 19:39:26.290 spawn: Executing "/usr/bin/ffmpeg"

Have you tried refreshing the guide?

Yeah! Still not working after a few restarts and re-installs.The plugins connects to the server but nothing shows up in Live TV.I have the same server streaming TV over the Internet and on local network to Kodi and it works without any issues. 

2018-03-03 00:02:34.594 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler.ensureConnection() : create new HTS-Connection

2018-03-03 00:02:34.595 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler.ensureConnection: Used connection parameters: TVH Server = 'localhost'; HTTP Port = '9981'; HTSP Port = '9982'; Web-Root = ''; User = 'hsran'; Password set = 'True'

2018-03-03 00:02:34.599 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: IPEndPoint = '127.0.0.1:9982'; AddressFamily = 'InterNetwork'

2018-03-03 00:02:34.599 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: socket connected.

2018-03-03 00:02:34.609 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.authenticate: start

2018-03-03 00:02:34.623 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.authenticate: authenticated = True

2018-03-03 00:02:34.623 Info App: [TVHclient] HTSConnectionHandler.ensureConnection: connection established True

Also is there a way that TvHeadend plugin can be configured to call certain profiles from TvHeadend server.

Gerrit507

Yeah! Still not working after a few restarts and re-installs.The plugins connects to the server but nothing shows up in Live TV.I have the same server streaming TV over the Internet and on local network to Kodi and it works without any issues. 

Also is there a way that TvHeadend plugin can be configured to call certain profiles from TvHeadend server.

Ok that's really strange...

I've tested it yesterday a couple of times and I always got the channel list.

Please make sure that the guide refresh is completed. It takes a couple of minutes, so be patient.

For calling a certain profile you can create a new user and set the profile there. I don't know how well different profiles are supported. 

Please also tell us which version of emby-server and plugin you have installed.

Ok that's really strange...

I've tested it yesterday a couple of times and I always got the channel list.

Please make sure that the guide refresh is completed. It takes a couple of minutes, so be patient.

For calling a certain profile you can create a new user and set the profile there. I don't know how well different profiles are supported. 

Please also tell us which version of emby-server and plugin you have installed.

Emby 3.3.0

Plugin 1.3.5

Server 4.2.5-43~ga2fab13ad

Here are my plugin settings.post-23317-0-99157500-1519998016_thumb.jpg

Gerrit507

Emby 3.3.0

Plugin 1.3.5

Here are my plugin settings.attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180303-023738__01.jpg

Looks good to me.

When you run refresh guide, do you see the guide items appear in the log file? Do you have emby installed by .deb file or do you get the package from a repository?

Looks good to me.

When you run refresh guide, do you see the guide items appear in the log file? Do you have emby installed by .deb file or do you get the package from a repository?

Nothing shows up in the log regarding TvHeadend plugin other than the stuff posted here.

Emby was installed from the Emby download page using .deb.

Edited by hsran

Gerrit507

Nothing shows up in the log regarding TvHeadend plugin other than the stuff posted here.

Emby was installed from the Emby download page using .deb.

I mean in the emby log. You won't find much info in the tvheadend log.

Gerrit507

Guide and channels list now showing up in Emby after the latest plugin update.Nothing plays though!

The latest update had absolutely nothing to do with channels or guide. It was only a minor fix for the channel icons. Are you sure that you have run the "Refresh Guide" task before and it's not only because it was triggered automatically? Something must be wrong with your tvheadend (configuration). I'm just watching a stream over the plugin without issues. Please also post logs, otherwise we can't help, we can only guess.

The latest update had absolutely nothing to do with channels or guide. It was only a minor fix for the channel icons. Are you sure that you have run the "Refresh Guide" task before and it's not only because it was triggered automatically? Something must be wrong with your tvheadend (configuration). I'm just watching a stream over the plugin without issues. Please also post logs, otherwise we can't help, we can only guess.

• Refresh doesn't work.
  • TvHeadend Server works with 3 Kodi devices flawlessly.Do we need any special settings in TvH Server for Emby?

The whole TvHeadend plugin has been really unstable on my build as I tried re-installing the plugin a few times.The channels did show up but they were not playing so I tried to re-install the plugin but everything has disappeared again.TvH Server and Emby run on an OMV NAS and the source is an IPTV network which is piped through ffmpeg on TvH Server.

Emby 3.3.0

Plugin 1.3.7

edit: Logs removed

Edited by hsran