Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

ShotToTheDome

yeah I'm not seeing any kind of image url in the logs. How can I tell if they exist inside TVH?

Example of a tv show in emby logs:

HTSMessage:
  <dump>
    eventId : 2275619
    channelId : 32742989
    start : 1508557500
    stop : 1508559000
    title : Cops
    subtitle : Strange Encounters
    description : A man's new roommate, consequences of punching a scooter and a sober suspect who may be from another planet.
    serieslinkId : 2005043
    serieslinkUri : ddprogid:///usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite/EP01266747
    episodeId : 2275620
    episodeUri : ddprogid:///usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite/EP01266747.0346
    ageRating : 14
    seasonNumber : 27
    episodeNumber : 19
    episodeCount : 33
    nextEventId : 2275621
  </dump>
Edited by ShotToTheDome

im85288

First, thank you! I was very happy to hear that you (im85288) are still on board!

About http://www.webgrabplus.com/ will it work in Brazil?

Good to see you are still around Iorifly! Yes I am still on board just quieter on the forums. Yes Brazil seems to be supported: http://www.webgrabplus.com/epg-channels#stc_7

After trying out various options I would advise you to use TVHeadEnd directly in Kodi as channel change time, Timeshift etc work very very well.

If you have LibreElec installed you can install TVHeadEnd and WebGrabPlus as Kodi addons making it very easy to set everything up. And coming back to the original query on images...it has always worked for me with TVHeadEnd version 4.2.3

im85288

Do we need to open a ticket with TVH's devs?

@@im85288  Are you still getting tvheadend images into emby when using webgrabplus?

@@Tolotos I've upgraded tvheadend to master. How do I go about checking to see if tvh is sending the images?

Yes images work fine for me with tvheadend version 4.2.3 being fed from webgrabplus

• 1 month later...

Kann mir jemand erklären ob und wie man das TVHeadend Plugin bei Debian 8 installiert?

Die Version 1.1.1.1 funktioniert leider nicht richtig und ich habe gelesen das die Version 1.1.2.0 das Problem beheben soll.

Gerrit507

Hi,

I use this plugin for a few days now. It seems to me like there is an issue with buffering. When I'm at home there seems to be no issue, but when I'm away the playback is stuttering. If I pause the playback for a few seconds and press play it runs smooth as butter. Thats why I'm thinking that a bit larger buffer on the frontend would do the trick. Maybe implement a setting for that. It would help me a lot. :)

I'm using Version 1.1.1.1

Edited by Gerrit507

Gerrit507

Can we look at the server and ffmpeg log?

Of course,  seems like there are multiple slow response times. In the playback there were like 4 stutters. It's getting worse when the upload is used more intensively, like another stream is running beside a live tv stream. The live tv stream is stuttering, the "normal" stream with same bitrate isn't. It just seems like even a very short peak interupts the whole playback. The maximum bandwith of my upload wasn't reached.

serverlog.txt

transcodelog.txt

Edited by Gerrit507

Gerrit507

Can you compare with hardware acceleration off, assuming your cpu is fast enough? thanks.

I get the same stutters with hw-accel disabled :(

Gerrit507

Try lowering the in-app bitrate setting to reduce the streaming bitrate.

I have 20 Mbps upload. I usually stream with 5 Mbps and other content streams fine, only live tv stutters. If I pause live tv for 3 seconds and play it, it runs fine too...

• 3 weeks later...
michael_stonebridge

Unhanded exception in TVHeadend Plugin 1.1.1.1 brings down Emby 3.2.60

I recently updated from Emby 3.2.36 to 3.2.60, and, at the same time, updated the TVHeadend Plugin from 1.1.0.1 to 1.1.1.1.

Now Emby crashes every few hours because a simple HTSP error triggers unhandled exceptions in Emby that lead to Emby just exiting. I run TVHeadend 4.2 in a docker container based on Ubuntu 16.04. Neither the docker image nor the Docker server have been touched in a very long time. Kodi, which also accesses the same TVHeadend docker, never had and still doesn't have any issues (so I doubt my TVHeadend install is the culprit).

As a first test I installed version 1.1.0.1 of the plugin to see if that helps, but I suspect Emby 3.2.60 also is the culprit (I feel like an exception thrown by a plugin should not bring down the main application?). If the older plugin still crashes Emby, I will roll back to the snapshot I have of the previous install that was running flawlessly for months. That should confirm that this is a new bug and not an old one that just recently manifested because the HTSP errors were thrown for the first time.

I attached the server log. I only removed some of the channel name lines due to privacy concerns.

server-63650282197.txt

Edited by michael_stonebridge

Tolotos

Even if I'm logged in - i can't open the log - "No permission message from forum" ?!

Tolotos

Ok, I got the log.

It looks like -NET core doesn't longer support Thread.Abort().

I must try to find a way of stopping the Threads in case of an connection error to avoid memory leaks.

Plugin is fantastic, works like a charm :-). Just one quick question if you have time. What are my options for getting Recordings and/or Live TV thumbnails? The interface looks a tad empty with lots of coloured boxes.

Cheers.post-142189-0-88515600-1504306411.png

Tolotos

... Just one quick question if you have time. What are my options for getting Recordings and/or Live TV thumbnails? The interface looks a tad empty with lots of coloured boxes. ...

TVHeadend / the TV data provider must send the URL of the images for the shows. The tvheadend API gives me this URL and I pass it to Emby.

In my case (German UnitiyMedia cable TV) this URL are no longer available since some months.

I think most (all?) TV-sets are not showing the images and the only usage may be in software TV(-recorder).

As my cable-TV provider has its own streaming service they want users to switch to there pay for solution by removing more and more features from the free services.

Edit: @@zapras Did you have the problems with interrupted network? If the above version is a solution I want to add the update into the catalog.

Edited by Tolotos