Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

@@fc7 can you please check without probing if subtites and different language streams are working?

They won't be, but it will be handled in the core, so its' not something the plugin should worry about. Thanks.

Hi, I've installed TVheadend on my server and configured it correctly, I've installed tvheadend plugin on Emby, how do i get this functioning from here? My Live TV won't detect new device.

Thanks

jleckenby

Hi guys,

Started using it a bit more, working for the most part! However since I installed the latest emby and reinstalled the plugin I have no channel logos. Any ideas? Ive confirmed the urls provided for them are correct.

Hi guys,

Started using it a bit more, working for the most part! However since I installed the latest emby and reinstalled the plugin I have no channel logos. Any ideas? Ive confirmed the urls provided for them are correct.

I could be wrong but I thought we've seen cases of tvheadend sending back svg logos, in which case those will not work.

michael_stonebridge

Hi guys,

Same here, the logos are all pngs and show up fine on the tvheadend website, but they no longer work in Emby. They worked in previous versions of Emby. There are other reports of missing logos (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55451-tvheadend-no-channel-icons-after-upgrades/). The channels do have a channel icon set, and I can get the images from http://<tvh_ip>:<port>/imagecache/<nr>. Even with debug logging enabled I don't see any requests to tvheadend for channel logos, even after wiping the cache in Emby.

2018-02-01 16:35:38.140 Info App: [TVHclient] ChannelDataHelper: Adding channel 

HTSMessage:
  <dump>
    channelId : 23001047
    channelNumber : 31
    channelName : BR Fernsehen Süd HD
    channelIcon : imagecache/165
    eventId : 780603
    nextEventId : 780605
    services : 
HTSMessage:
  <dump>
    name : Astra/11582.25H/BR Fernsehen Süd HD
    type : HDTV
    content : 1
  </dump>

tags : 1, 4, 
    method : channelAdd
  </dump>

Edited by michael_stonebridge

I noticed something strange, but not critical.

When I play a live channel from my HDHR extend through Tvheadend with this plugin, I notice in the tvh log that it almost always subscribes and unsubscribes to the channel several times showing continuity errors during the failed subscriptions.  When I play the same live channels from the same machine using Kodi and their tvh plugin, there are never any failed subscriptions nor continuity errors.

This makes no sense to me, as it seems like it would be a tvh<->hdhr communication issue and the client would have no affect, but I see it consistently.  The only noticeable effect is that it takes slightly longer for the video to begin streaming in Emby, so this is not at all critical.  I just wonder if others have seen the same or have any idea what might be causing it.

@@jfath, are you aware that Emby has native support for HDHR? You can use your HDHR without the need for any plugin and that should give you the best experience.

Yes, thanks Luke.  But I also feed my cable boxes through tvh using old USB component capture boxes and I like having everything managed through that single interface.

Yes, thanks Luke.  But I also feed my cable boxes through tvh using old USB component capture boxes and I like having everything managed through that single interface.

I understand that, but you should still be aware you'll get the best experience with the native support. It is no fault of the TVH plugin, it's simply a matter of that's what I'm able to test personally and continuously refine over time.

Absolutely understand.  Already getting a great experience and I know there'll be hiccups as long as I'm running a non-standard setup.  Just happy that you and Tolotos have given tvh users an integration option.

jleckenby

Hi,

Has anyone managed to work out why logos are missing on the latest emby and tvheadend release? I can see the channel coming through:

2018-02-07 02:00:03.227 Info App: [TVHclient] ChannelDataHelper: Adding channel

HTSMessage:
<dump>
channelId : 752227772
channelNumber : 115
channelName : BBC One HD
channelIcon : imagecache/354
eventId : 65141
nextEventId : 65143
services :
HTSMessage:
<dump>
name : IPTV 1/get.php - UK: BBC ONE FHD/Service01
type : SDTV
content : 1
</dump>

tags : 1,
method : channelUpdate
</dump>

And the channel icon URL when called from my browser correctly returns the icon. Not a huge issue, just bugging me!

• 3 weeks later...

In another topic, another user has confirmed that the logos are working with the next release of Emby Server and an updated TVheadEnd plugin. Thanks guys.

bobwinters

I've just reinstalled Emby and switched to the Docker version and I'm unable to get the logos. The logos were working fine before.

The message I get when I try to view the thumbnail from Emby is "Unauthorized"

Edited by bobwinters

I've just reinstalled Emby and switched to the Docker version and I'm unable to get the logos. The logos were working fine before.

Please try refreshing the guide and if the issue remains attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

• Like 1

My "Others" recording folder ist just empty after upgrading and I got a few channel logos which still not show.

XDN06bO.jpg

strange is, there actually are icons (all black) when clicking on edit image for the channels where no icon is shown.

Kodi aswell as the Tvh app show these icons correctly for me. It seems that Emby just doesn't display them correctly I don't know :/

Gerrit507

My emby server crashes multiple times a day because of an unhandled exception in the tvheadend plugin:

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Thread abort is not supported on this platform.
   at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
   at TVHeadEnd.HTSP.HTSConnectionAsync.stop()
   at TVHeadEnd.HTSConnectionHandler.onError(Exception ex)
   at TVHeadEnd.HTSP.HTSConnectionAsync.SendingHandler()
   at System.Threading.Thread.ThreadMain_ThreadStart()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
System.PlatformNotSupportedException
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

Ubuntu Server 16.04

Emby 3.2.70.0

They won't be, but it will be handled in the core, so its' not something the plugin should worry about. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Indeed they don’t work. So I’m not sure if I understand you correctly @@Luke. But what’s the point of the core handling it if it doesn’t work?

Will it be fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My emby server crashes multiple times a day because of an unhandled exception in the tvheadend plugin:

System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Thread abort is not supported on this platform.
System.PlatformNotSupportedException

Ubuntu Server 16.04

Emby 3.2.70.0

I've pushed an update to the plugin to catch the Thread abort errors and this will at least prevent the crashing. However, the root issue remains. the plugin is still spawning a lot of threads which will increase resource consumption. It could benefit from a rewrite.

• Like 1

Gerrit507

I've pushed an update to the plugin to catch the Thread abort errors and this will at least prevent the crashing. However, the root issue remains. the plugin is still spawning a lot of threads which will increase resource consumption. It could benefit from a rewrite.

Thank you, is the update available in the catalog?

I think there is something wrong with it. Before I had installed version 1.1.1.1 and I've never got any update notification. Then I deinstalled the addon and installed version 1.2.7, which I'd guess is the newer one. Now it also shows me only the versions 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.0.1. See the attached screenshot.

post-191225-0-85728000-1519606572_thumb.png