Tvheadend plugin for Emby - Beta 1

Tolotos

• 3 weeks later...
Gerrit507

Sadly the plugin is completely unstable with the latest version 3.4. As soon as I open the channel overview emby crashes

2018-05-05 17:31:51.561 Info App: Loading live tv data from /var/lib/emby/data/livetv/timers
2018-05-05 17:31:51.641 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET https://gogel.me:8920/emby/Items/52422249062855a9e7b59213581a41e4/Images/Primary?maxWidth=240&tag=edbd66869e14accc8e295ed0999c14bb&quality=90. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
2018-05-05 17:31:51.835 Info HttpClient: Found userInfo in url: user:pass ... url: http://user:pass@192.168.179.11:9981/imagecache/608
2018-05-05 17:31:51.836 Info HttpClient: GET http://user:pass@192.168.179.11:9981/imagecache/608
2018-05-05 17:31:51.892 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.4.0.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.13.0.37
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<SaveImage>d__34.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<ConvertImageToLocal>d__186.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__29.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.<GetImageResult>d__24.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<GetTaskResult>d__3.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__13.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__70.MoveNext()
	System.NullReferenceException
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<SaveImage>d__34.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<ConvertImageToLocal>d__186.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__29.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.<GetImageResult>d__24.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<GetTaskResult>d__3.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__13.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__70.MoveNext()

Again an issue with the channel icons...

Edited by Gerrit507

What does "crashes" mean?

And why not just use the m3u feature?

Gerrit507

The whole program just crashes completely.

I've just tested m3u for the first time but it's barely usable. You only have the channels an that's it. No guide, no recordings, nothing...

You only have the channels an that's it. No guide, no recordings, nothing...

Right well you can set those things up in Emby and not have to worry about them in TVH.

Gerrit507

Right well you can set those things up in Emby and not have to worry about them in TVH.

I've added xmltv now and as soon as I enter the channels overview emby crashes.

Yea probably. See here, I bet response.ResponseUrl is null

// Workaround for tvheadend channel icons	
                // TODO: Isolate this hack into the tvh plugin
                if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(response.ContentType))
                {
                    if (response.ResponseUrl.IndexOf("/imagecache/", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase) != -1)
                    {
                        response.ContentType = "image/png";
                    }
                }

There's no redirects happening by tvh, right? We could just check the original url in that case.

Gerrit507

Yea probably. See here, I bet response.ResponseUrl is null

// Workaround for tvheadend channel icons	
                // TODO: Isolate this hack into the tvh plugin
                if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(response.ContentType))
                {
                    if (response.ResponseUrl.IndexOf("/imagecache/", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase) != -1)
                    {
                        response.ContentType = "image/png";
                    }
                }

There's no redirects happening by tvh, right? We could just check the original url in that case.

Thanks for the fix in 3.4.1.0, it's working again :)

Thanks for the feedback, but please file a ticket with TvheadEnd to update their image api's to include a Content-Type header. It really shouldn't be too much to ask.

sualfred

@@Tolotos @@Luke or to whoever is responsible for the plugin now:

I made a new thumb for the plugin because I hate to see that "ugly" one in my home window for the recordings (sorry to the creator of the thumb) .

Feel free to use it for the plugin. 

xfhvbhqh.png

Direct link: https://i.imgur.com/xfhvbhqh.png

If you need a different resolution, please let me know.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

screwfaze

Thanks for the Plugin just started using it with my raspberry pi running the TVHeadend server and had a couple questions, I have my the recordings going to a Nas will Emby clients stream directly from there or will it use the pi to do this?

Can emby grab the images from the EPG or can it scrape this?

Can I do series recording from Emby directly?

Sorry if some of these have been answered before but this is a long thread to go through.

Thanks

Thanks for the Plugin just started using it with my raspberry pi running the TVHeadend server and had a couple questions, I have my the recordings going to a Nas will Emby clients stream directly from there or will it use the pi to do this?

Sorry if some of these have been answered before but this is a long thread to go through.

Thanks

I'm not an expert with tvheadend, but why not tell us what you've tried and what you've experienced so far? thanks.

kikinjo

Because it is not working / not usable on EmbyTheater at all. (Desktop version)

screwfaze

Hi @@Luke let's start with the recordings, can the plugin give emby the network locations and have emby handle the rest?

Hi @@Luke let's start with the recordings, can the plugin give emby the network locations and have emby handle the rest?

I don't know too much about the plugin, I was simply trying to get you to provide more information to make it easier for others to answer your questions. Thanks.

Gerrit507

Thanks

The streaming will always go over the emby server.

I've seen that the Android TV and Fire TV App offers direct streaming for Live TV. I've personally never used it but you can give it a shot.

Just for the record: With the latest version of emby and the plugin I've no more crashes. Everything works fine.

Edit: If your client is able to run Kodi this would be another option. Access tvheadend with the kodi tvheadend addon and your media with the emby addon.

Edited by Gerrit507
  • Like 1

screwfaze

Hi,

I see that TVH can do Sat>IP Server so does Emby support that yet or is that not possible at this time?

Thanks

Gerrit507

Hi,

I see that TVH can do Sat>IP Server so does Emby support that yet or is that not possible at this time?

Thanks

Why should emby support it? Just use the normal HTS protocol. If you use tvheadend you will have it anyway.

• Like 1

screwfaze

Why should emby support it? Just use the normal HTS protocol. If you use tvheadend you will have it anyway.

OK was not sure if that would improve things as I would like to use the pi 2 only for signal as my Server cannot get anywhere near my antenna and that's why I am using this setup.

Thanks 

Gerrit507

OK was not sure if that would improve things as I would like to use the pi 2 only for signal as my Server cannot get anywhere near my antenna and that's why I am using this setup.

Thanks 

Well just set up a tvheadend server on the pi and access it with emby, kodi or whatever...

What Tuner are you planning to use?

Edited by Gerrit507
  • Like 1