Debian

Luke

ellnic

I'd like to say thanks to everyone involved in getting the recent Debian 7 packages up and running.

I'm really so impressed with Emby. Not only does it recognise films correctly that Plex did not (for example, Serial Slayer is called Claustrophobia in the UK but Plex didn't like this) but the fine grain control it gives me after it's done its initial scrape is fantastic. I have directors cuts of a lot of films, and not only does Emby not mind this being in the folder name at a file system level, but it allows me to edit the title that is shown in the theatre.

Very very nice guys - thank you. <3

hurricanehrndz

@ how often is the Linux server package updated compared to the Windows one? I used to run the dev build of the Windows server, but have now moved my Emby Server in to my OMV box, it's only Version 3.0.5621.4 and I think the latest dev build is now Version 3.0.5631.2812.

It gets updated automatically as soon as something is committed on the master branch. The beta build gets build as soon as there is commit into the Dev branch. Personally I prefer stability so I stick with non Dev builds.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

digitalirony

Emby is telling me there is a newer version available to download, and that I need to stop the server and update manually. I run debian 8. I installed via apt-get using the repositories supplied in the download page. 

When I try to run apt-get update, and install, it tells me the installed version is the newest one. 

So I assume this means the latest version hasn't been packaged yet? How long does it take for new package to be uploaded to repository?

I see above comment that says it is automatically updated as soon as it is committed to the master branch, but I don't think this appears to be the case for me, because I assume if emby is telling me there is a newer version out, then there has been a commit to the code respository, but not to the apt repositories? Or am I missing something:

Version 3.0.5621.4

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 3.0.5641.4 is now available for download.

Please shutdown the server and update manually.

hurricanehrndz

@@digitalirony,

Jessie builds are building right now, Luke is trying to address it. Unfortunately, lintian in Jessie is really strict on how things get packaged and it doesn't like fonts that aren't free being included in the source package. You will have to wait until this get resolved.

Is there any update on the jessie builds status? I switched to this from a manual install right before this last update, as it's more convenient, and have been having a problem that's supposedly fixed in the new version.

Just trying to decide if I should go back to a manual install or not.

hurricanehrndz

The git builds for jessie are working, I haven't gotten to fixing the sable. I will try and have the stable builds fixed before Friday. Thanks for your patience guys.

• 2 weeks later...
fantaxp7

I am getting this error:

root@emby-linux:~# wget -qO - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/{Repository}/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
root@emby-linux:~# 

Any ideas?

Thanks

fantaxp7

You still have {Repository} in the command. Read the first line of the instructions again ;)

:blink: D'oh! Still a little hungover from the weekend. Thanks.

deepseth

Assuming you're using the repo, same as any other software on your server.

apt-get update

to update your repository indexes

apt-get upgrade

to upgrade all software that has a newer release available in the repo

• 1 month later...

Notice: due to issues found in the init scripts included in the latest Debian/Ubuntu Emby packages available in the official repository that will prevent Emby service to start we encourage you to wait until further notice to update your Emby package.

In case you already installed the faulty packages please check this thread http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24278-new-emby-initd-script-not-working/ in the support forum for a workaround to start Emby service, provided by one of the users in the forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just released a new package revision for Debian/Ubuntu that should fix the startup scripts issues.

I could only test with Ubuntu 14.04 fresh install so please if anyone out there can try the new packages and give some feedback I will really appreciate it.

These are only package revisions to fix the problems reported with the startup scripts (upstart), they are not a new Emby release.

Thanks.

Edited by fc7
  • Like 2

gillmacca

I think the answer will be no, but don't know unless you ask.

I have a readyNAS NV+ v2, which I believe is a Debian based system. Does anyone know if I can install this on it?

NOTICE: it seems that the new Emby server beta has problems to stream video to iOS devices (music works ok) using the webclient with Safari (and possible also the app but I coudln't test this yet). So if you use iOS clients for video streaming a lot you might want to wait until the problem is fixed to try emby-server-beta, or even wait for the next stable release.

Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.2

If you had any problems streaming to iOS devices with previous beta versions they seem to be fixed in this new beta.

As always any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.3.

Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.4.

Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.5.

Thanks

A new version of emby-server-beta is out: 3.0.5713.6.

Thanks

jmailing

Hi,

First message here to thank you guys for all the work you are doing !!

I am a newbee so I am not sure whether I can help you.

Are there things you want to be tested that might or might not work ?

I will check that when I'm home.

Edited by jmailing