Debian

Luke

• 3 weeks later...
jomojo

Hi all,

I've been trying to get libembymagickwand-6.q8-2 installed on Debian 8 'Jessie' and have run into the following dependency issues... 

• The following packages have unmet dependencies: libembymagickwand-6.q8-2 : Depends: libembymagickcore-6.q8-2 (= 8:6.9.2-8) but it is not going to be installed
  • The following packages have unmet dependencies: libembymagickcore-6.q8-2 : Depends: libjpeg8 (>= 8c) but it is not installable                            Depends: libtiff4 (> 3.9.5-3~) but it is not installable

From what I have read on various forums libjpeg8 is not supported on Jessie in favour of libjpeg62-turbo. libtiff is currently libtiff5 on my system.

Can the package be amended to use the supported jpeg and tiff libraries available for Jessie or can someone recommend a way to install these dependencies?

I know that libembymagickwand is not a requirement for Emby, but it may help improve the performance of my server.

Thank you.

hurricanehrndz

Hi all,

I've been trying to get libembymagickwand-6.q8-2 installed on Debian 8 'Jessie' and have run into the following dependency issues... 

• The following packages have unmet dependencies: libembymagickwand-6.q8-2 : Depends: libembymagickcore-6.q8-2 (= 8:6.9.2-8) but it is not going to be installed
  • The following packages have unmet dependencies: libembymagickcore-6.q8-2 : Depends: libjpeg8 (>= 8c) but it is not installable                            Depends: libtiff4 (> 3.9.5-3~) but it is not installable

From what I have read on various forums libjpeg8 is not supported on Jessie in favour of libjpeg62-turbo. libtiff is currently libtiff5 on my system.

Can the package be amended to use the supported jpeg and tiff libraries available for Jessie or can someone recommend a way to install these dependencies?

I know that libembymagickwand is not a requirement for Emby, but it may help improve the performance of my server.

Thank you.

Please check the repo you are using.

• 2 months later...

For those using the dev and beta channels, we had some build issues over the last few days that prevented new updates from being published.

Thanks to help from @@fc7 we've tracked it down, and dev and beta updates have resumed as normal. The latest builds of Emby Server should be available shortly.

The latest versions also include fixes for Mono 4.4. Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
jstruebel

I'm trying to do a clean install on Debian 8, but when I try to install dependencies I get the following error. Did something change? I was able to perform this installation previously. Do I need to add another repository? I only have the default Debian repo and the Emby repo enabled for this.

Command:

apt-get install  mono-runtime libembymagickcore-6.q8-2 libembymagickwand-6.q8-2

Error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 mono-runtime : Depends: mono-runtime-sgen (= 4.0.3.20-0xamarin1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

hurricanehrndz

I'm trying to do a clean install on Debian 8, but when I try to install dependencies I get the following error. Did something change? I was able to perform this installation previously. Do I need to add another repository? I only have the default Debian repo and the Emby repo enabled for this.

Command:

apt-get install  mono-runtime libembymagickcore-6.q8-2 libembymagickwand-6.q8-2

Error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 mono-runtime : Depends: mono-runtime-sgen (= 4.0.3.20-0xamarin1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Might be the repos you have enabled. Have you figured the issue out yet?

jstruebel

It's working now tonight. I didn't change anything in my configuration. Possibly one of the servers wasn't supplying the mono-runtime-sgen dependency that it needed.

Thanks for checking back on it, reminded me to try it again.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
nicheplayer

Updated to Version 3.0.7100.0 this morning and got this error, which I haven't seen before:

Setting up emby-server (3.0.7100-71.1) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/emby-server ...
/etc/init.d/emby-server: 30: /etc/init.d/emby-server: [[: not found
/etc/emby-server.conf not found using default settings.
[....] Starting emby-server daemon:/etc/init.d/emby-server: 43: /etc/init.d/emby-server: [[: not found
/etc/init.d/emby-server: 50: /etc/init.d/emby-server: [[: not found
 failed!
invoke-rc.d: initscript emby-server, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing emby-server (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Setting up heirloom-mailx (12.5-2+deb7u1) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/heirloom-mailx to provide /usr/bin/mailx (mailx) in auto mode
Errors were encountered while processing:
 emby-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Still appears to have installed, though, according to the web front end. Anything I should be concerned about?

• Like 1

hurricanehrndz

Updated to Version 3.0.7100.0 this morning and got this error, which I haven't seen before:

Setting up emby-server (3.0.7100-71.1) ...
/etc/init.d/emby-server: 30: /etc/init.d/emby-server: [[: not found
/etc/emby-server.conf not found using default settings.
[....] Starting emby-server daemon:/etc/init.d/emby-server: 43: /etc/init.d/emby-server: [[: not found
/etc/init.d/emby-server: 50: /etc/init.d/emby-server: [[: not found
 failed!
invoke-rc.d: initscript emby-server, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing emby-server (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Setting up heirloom-mailx (12.5-2+deb7u1) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/heirloom-mailx to provide /usr/bin/mailx (mailx) in auto mode
Errors were encountered while processing:
 emby-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Still appears to have installed, though, according to the web front end. Anything I should be concerned about?

Thank you for the information. This will be addressed.

• Like 1

tomATfw4a

Big thanks, it's working again  :rolleyes:.

I have another issues with sharing playlists and files on the webserver via webclient.

Sharing files or playlists via FB or other soc. networks doesn´t work for me. I don´t have troubles with sharing on madsonic and ampache, but in emby - no luck.

In older versions of emby I got the link as a website, but without working navigation buttons. Now in the latest 3.0.7100 it says following message : Error (FileNotFoundException): Could not find file "/usr/lib/emby-server/bin/dashboard-ui/dlg1473857573378".

Right link does work : http://5.9.61.125:8096/web/itemdetails.html?id=06b88afc8ecb1d73547fa60eea0e6832

Generated link doesnt work : http://5.9.61.125:8096/web/dlg1473857573378

hurricanehrndz

Big thanks, it's working again  :rolleyes:.

I have another issues with sharing playlists and files on the webserver via webclient.

Sharing files or playlists via FB or other soc. networks doesn´t work for me. I don´t have troubles with sharing on madsonic and ampache, but in emby - no luck.

In older versions of emby I got the link as a website, but without working navigation buttons. Now in the latest 3.0.7100 it says following message : Error (FileNotFoundException): Could not find file "/usr/lib/emby-server/bin/dashboard-ui/dlg1473857573378".

Right link does work : http://5.9.61.125:8096/web/itemdetails.html?id=06b88afc8ecb1d73547fa60eea0e6832

Generated link doesnt work : http://5.9.61.125:8096/web/dlg1473857573378

This issue is not related to debian, you'd be better off starting a new topic in the appropriate subforum.

nicheplayer

Thank you for the information. This will be addressed.

Update to 3.0.7200 went fine. Thanks!

dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: ... it looks like that went OK
Stopping Emby Server!
Unpacking replacement emby-server ...
Setting up emby-server (3.0.7200-77.1) ...
[ ok ] Starting emby-server daemon:.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed emby-server on my debian server and it is working

but after a few moment, I'm not able to sign in on my server. I just got this message :

"We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

But my server is running, it worked a few minutes ago, and I didn't changed anything !

I just have to restart emby-server with (systemctl restart emby-server) for repair this issue but I could'nt do this 5 times per days !

Have you got any idea of what is the cause of this problem ?

my server is running debian 8.6 and emby-server 3.0.7300.0

I have tried to sign in on my server with the local web app, and the android app (on both, my client found the server but I could'nt sign in )

I hope you'll help me !

Thank's

hoppel118

Installed emby-server to openmediavault 3 (debian jessie) the standard debian way, because the openmediavault-plugin needs some rework. This works fine for me since two weeks. Well done, keep up the good work! ;)

• Like 1

Installed emby-server to openmediavault 3 (debian jessie) the standard debian way, because the openmediavault-plugin needs some rework. This works fine for me since two weeks. Well done, keep up the good work! ;)

Thanks for the feedback. What's the issue with the OMV plugin?

Hello,

I have installed emby-server on my debian server and it is working

but after a few moment, I'm not able to sign in on my server. I just got this message :

"We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

But my server is running, it worked a few minutes ago, and I didn't changed anything !

I just have to restart emby-server with (systemctl restart emby-server) for repair this issue but I could'nt do this 5 times per days !

Have you got any idea of what is the cause of this problem ?

my server is running debian 8.6 and emby-server 3.0.7300.0

I have tried to sign in on my server with the local web app, and the android app (on both, my client found the server but I could'nt sign in )

I hope you'll help me !

Thank's

Hi, what is the issue logging into the local web app?

hoppel118

Thanks for the feedback. What's the issue with the OMV plugin?

The current released emby server plugin is developed for on older version of openmediavault (3.0.13). "votdev" - the lead developer of openmediavault - made a lot of changes to the openmediavault 3 basis. Every plugin needs to be reworked to get compatible to the current openmediavault (>=3.0.14). The main emby server plugin developer "tekkb" didn't have the time to complete this development until now, because his daughter has to deal with some issues. So it can be read in the omv forum.

Openmediavault 3 is still beta. The plugin works fine for the current openmediavault 2.x.

Greetings Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118

• 1 month later...

Hello,

today I've tried to install the latest emby server beta version on a fresh OMV3 (Debian 8 with all the latest updates). I've added the key (like in the how to) and installed everything like it is described (via copy and paste of all the commands). During installation I even got the message that the libembymagickwand-6.q8-2-package is suggested. Therefore I've installed this package by hand. After executing the command "sudo service emby-server start" there is no warning or error. It looks like that everything went well. But when I try to connect to the embia server (http://Server-IP:8096) a client I get the message that the browser (Safari) can't connect to the server.

This installation procedure was my second attempt while during the first I didn't install this libembymagickwand-6.q8-2-package. Before I made a second attempt I purged the first installation and also after "purging" I tried the service start command and got the message that 

Failed to start emby-server.service: Unit emby-server.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

So I knew that the removing of emby-server was ok. Now I've installed emby-server-beta a second time (see above)

Now my question is how do I check if emby server is really running and how can I connect via client to the server?

Edit: Connecting to the webif of OMV3 is no problem via the Server-IP

Edit2:

When I try this command I get this message but no success

root@OMV3-Server:/# /etc/init.d/emby-server start
[ ok ] Starting emby-server (via systemctl): emby-server.service

When I try this I get this error:

root@OMV3-Server:/# service /etc/init.d/emby-server start
Failed to start etc-init.d-emby\x2dserver.service.mount: Unit etc-init.d-emby\x2dserver.service.mount failed to load: No such file or directory

Ok now I could find this message:

root@OMV3-Server:/# /etc/init.d/emby-server status
● emby-server.service - Emby Media Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2016-11-28 13:57:08 CET; 24s ago
  Process: 5846 ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/emby-server clear (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 5813 ExecStart=/usr/bin/emby-server start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 5813 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Nov 28 13:57:08 OMV3-Server systemd[1]: Started Emby Media Server.
Nov 28 13:57:08 OMV3-Server su[5813]: Successful su for emby by root
Nov 28 13:57:08 OMV3-Server su[5813]: + ??? root:emby
Nov 28 13:57:08 OMV3-Server su[5813]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user emby by (uid=0)
Nov 28 13:57:08 OMV3-Server su[5813]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user emby
Nov 28 13:57:08 OMV3-Server systemd[1]: emby-server.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Nov 28 13:57:08 OMV3-Server systemd[1]: Unit emby-server.service entered failed state.

Edited by Huberer

hurricanehrndz

Thanks for the feedback. There should be a txt log in /var/lib/emby-server.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Sorry for opening a second post here but I want to add something and the above thread is getting confusing.

I removed the latest beta version (with purge again) and also the beta-repositories.list and made a new install with the latest stable (according the how to with adding the stable repo). And after starting emby server (stable) voila I could connect to the webif. The status looks like this:

root@OMV3-Server:/# service emby-server status
● emby-server.service - Emby Media Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2016-11-28 14:31:15 CET; 2s ago
  Process: 5062 ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/emby-server clear (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 5197 (su)
   CGroup: /system.slice/emby-server.service
           ├─5197 su -s /bin/sh -c exec "$0" "$@" emby -- env MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU=250 MONO_GC_PARAMS=nursery-size=128m /usr/bin/mono-sgen --optimize=all /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -p...
           └─5208 /usr/bin/mono-sgen --optimize=all /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/li...

Nov 28 14:31:15 OMV3-Server systemd[1]: Started Emby Media Server.
Nov 28 14:31:15 OMV3-Server su[5197]: Successful su for emby by root
Nov 28 14:31:15 OMV3-Server su[5197]: + ??? root:emby
Nov 28 14:31:15 OMV3-Server su[5197]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user emby by (uid=0)
root@OMV3-Server:/# 

So I stopped emby server. Removed the stable repo list and added the beta channel. Installed the beta version and it's still not working. It looks like that there's something wrong with the latest beta.