Beta 3.2.0

7illusions

7illusions

New build, .262 is up

Added support for playing FolderSynced files
Added support to create Folder SyncJobs

Vicpa

Don't know how much more I can fit in this release.. Feels like it should be enough now. :)

Hi,

There really is a lot in the release already!! Thanks for putting up with my feedback and crazy idea's/suggestions and official technical jargon. :) I am really impressed that the app plays so well with three platforms and three user interfaces. Must be tough to juggle.

With the above, make sure the press release gives the app due credit. The favorites support, display and marking items as fav is a big thing. The redesign of the hubs is a big thing, Filmography or what ever you call has been asked for a while and will be appreciated.!! Target devices The list is long Just touching on it here.

You know though as a stinkin user I can't help myself asking for a little more. Give me some slack I haven't asked about wasapi audio (although I dying to know if you thought Naudio had any promise.)

So two things......

One easy maybe? The enter key when showing video detail screen will launch playback, hence "OK" works on the remote? Is it possible to have the same consistent effect on other screens like album detail screen, playlists and Live TV?

Crazy idea....

You know I am all about playback. The one thing I can't seem to do, is work around DTS audio in mkv. I was inspired by the way it was handled with the app on win 10, Works wonderfully .I added mkv to direct play profiles with all audio codecs except dts/dca.  In the transcoding profile I used copy for video and ac3 for audio. Nothing new here. works great mkv's with correct audio codecs play directly, mkv's with dts transcode, but not really.. video copy and dts to ac3 takes like less than 1% ffmpeg cpu.

So I was thinking. For win 8 which depending on media center etc may be around for a while.

Logically this may work, with Minimal coding (like how I can say that, when I am not doing the

work :lol: )

1) pick a fixed model/version number to designate win8

If enthusiasts or whatever what to minimize transcoding cpu (why you would not want to I can't imagine.)

User enters

2) Enter said number as model number in streaming profile as Standard DLNA tag.

<Identification>

<Manufacturer>Microsoft SDK Customer</Manufacturer>

<modelNumber>model number (ie 6.3.9600)</modelNumber>

<Headers />

</Identification>

3)  add mkv to direct play (like it works for win 10)

<DirectPlayProfile container="mkv" audioCodec="aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,pcm" videoCodec="h264" type="Video" />

4) Add a transcoding option (like it works for win 10) with default audio choice acc,ac3 what ever

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="copy" audioCodec="ac3" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

Programmatically (read code)

1) Look for the tag

!=  fixed model/version number to designate win8 or doesn't exist

do nothing

2) Tag= fixed model/version number to designate win8

do the copy vid copy audio thing

Again logically if this was placed only when the interrogation of the direct play profiles =  true,  it could be pretty flexible.

1) no mkv dp profile don't even check for the tag

fall through to transcoding options as currently happens.

2) if  mkv dp profile  interrogate support like today

do if true

do 1 (check for tag) and  maybe 2 (copy thingy) above

or Play directly as happens in win 10

again as today if mkv dp profile evaluates to false fall through to transcode don't check for the tag etc.

2) MS gives us some love and supports mkv container in win 8. Enthusiast User deletes the model  number tag completely, everything works . Nice PR day one MS does Announce support app does also. Novice user adds mkv directplay container everything works  :)

3) External support for additional Media Foundation audio codecs --  User adds to mkv dp profile to become a eval choice works as currently either direct play or copy.

As Always please forgive my presumption to say how to do things. (I always find that even dumb ideas  spark ideas of how things should be done)  and take them in the spirit intended :)

Ignore, laugh out loud, or whatever as you deem appropriate.

Thanks!!

Will try to test the folder sync stuff this pm.

7illusions

Thanks @@Vicpa, keep the ideas and feedback coming. Without input the app would be moving in a lot slower pace. :)

As for playback, I want to wait a little longer to see what MS got up their sleeves for Win10 before going into major changes. I guess everyone using win8 today will upgrade to win10 when it's released, and if it's released in a few months I don't think I'll be able to finish it before it's time to remove the code for Win8 anyways. ;)

Vicpa

Yea I agree as long as Media Center makes it to Win 10 I am sure must people will be there day one

Vicpa

Hi 7,

I can understand not wanting to make major changes to the player until Win 10. Any thoughts on my kludge work around for the short term? Does it involve player changes or is a workaround before the player is involved?

Basically what I want to do is have two "transcode" options for the same container "MKV"

A copy-copy for stuff that is just a container change

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="copy" audioCodec="copy" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

and for mkv's that need actual changes.

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="copy" audioCodec="ac3" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

people could use ac3 or acc or whatever based on preference.

I couldn't figure out a way to do that in the confines of the "standard" dlna streaming profile alone. If there are standard settings that can be added to accomplish ....

Do the direct play codec conditions support an "else" condition

<CodecProfile type="VideoAudio" codec="aac,eac3">
      <Conditions>
        <ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="AudioChannels" value="8" isRequired="true" />
      </Conditions>
    </CodecProfile>

In other word can I create something like the above to test for dts and just tell it to do 

<TranscodingProfile container="ts"   type="Video" videoCodec="copy" audioCodec="ac3" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

Any thoughts?

Thanks Vicpa

7illusions

I can look into it a bit..

I got a mkv h264 ac3 that should be able to just remux to hls or ts..

I just need to find some extra time, but it's a really good idea and the app originally supported remux when we where running without HLS.. Just forgot about validating it since I changed to use mp4 instead..

Vicpa

More toward issues at hand :)

Nitpicky thing

Gotta have the app icon back on the server dashboard. Not sure what happened to it.

55100e8a7de00_Capture.png

Thought for you and @@Luke

Just an opinion don't know what you guys will think.

The branding of sync and offline could perhaps be refined?

The server dash board with the cloud icon and sync is intuitive, click on it shows activity by devices/clients. On the app and I guess for other apps going forward for consistency. I was thinking the cloud icon and offline doesn't really work. It's a double negative or something and offline can be an action or a state and also some times means unavailable. Synced content is available that's the point ( :lol: ). So I was thinking the terminology should be-- action "Sync" so on the ellipses they should be "Sync".

I looked at other apps to see how they represented local content. MS uses "Everywhere" and on "This PC".. nah.  Amazon seemed to have the closest match to the Emby ecosystem. They use the "Cloud" and "Device". So I was thinking hat the main hub should have the Device Icon (Like the one on the  Server Dashboard) and the text should be either "Device" or the actual Device Name (Generally machine name).  

This fits well with the awesome feature of being able to pick device targets for sync. There is also no ambiguity for new uses. On the main hub. "Where is my synced content", Oh it is on my device." 

Anyway just a thought.

Vicpa

Your to fast for me :)

I like the sound of remux must look it up. 

Thanks!!!

7illusions

I was telling @@ScottIsAFool about an hour ago that I will change the "Offline" to "Sync" tonight since the app now supports Sync to all devices.

I know @@Luke said this at the beginning of sync, that it would be the better name.. And as usual, he's proven right. :)

Vicpa

K,

I would snag a new forum name maybe "Emby Modern" :)  not great.. but first guess 

7illusions

Build .264 is up.

@@Vicpa, this one is for you. :)

Just delete the streamingprofile from storage before running this one.

If you can give me some comparison of build .262 vs .264 playing a MKV h264 aac, ac3 or eac of CPU load on the server, that would be awsome.

I think it should streamcopy now, as long as the bitrate of the movie is below 10000000

7illusions

And yet another, .265

Changed the SeasonLayout for TvSereis when using Mouse&Keyboard layout

Changed Offline to Sync in the Ellipses Flyout

7illusions

My initial testswith the streamCopy  changes: Server CPU usage went from 45% to 12% on a MKV h264 ac3 :)

And as a bonus, you can now specify multiple AudioCodecs in the Transcoding profiles. The first one is the fallback if StreamCopy wont work, but all values will be inspected for StreamCopy capabilities

Vicpa

Hi,

This looks pretty awesome :)

Not exactly sure what's happening, but don't need to 

CpU 262

55107ad74a515_262a.png

55107b4555f8f_264.png

No ffmpeg in 264? Great!

Just as awesome mkv with DTS works as hoped

it Plays and there is sound yea!! :)

1) Copy and DTS to AAC this is the default in the new profile right ?

551081709a854_264dtsACC.png

Av Receiver shows PCM 

Of course I had to change something. Will this mess things up

Took acc out of this line. See the red section.

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="h264" audioCodec="ac3,eac3" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

Actually a little better is DTS to AC3 more efficient?

5510826a5a6c8_264DTSaC3.png

Everything else played fine except live TV. that didn't even look like it tried to play. Maybe because of changes in dev see they are working on TV. Sure it will get sorted.

All in all fantastic the app now plays content at the highest level, I am very impressed.

Quick glance at the seasons looked good, so busy playing stuff will give it some more time this pm. 

Thanks!!

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Oops to fast for me again :)

So my change should be ac3,eac3,aac

As you can see mine went way down as well

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

Glad you like it. :)

From your point of view, once you've tested playback a bit more, do you think the app is ready for Primetime?

Edited by 7illusions

bennymac

Hi,

Absolutely lovin' this app.

Not sure if any of this has been brought up or is being worked on..

• Could "Latest" items in TV series be grouped like the web client perhaps? Where the series poster would display the total number of newly added episodes for that series. As it is now episodes scroll on and on for ages.

• Music Video thumbnails are currently in portrait orientation and look squashed.

• On my Surface 2 I can see a small graphical glitch that looks like a dotted square box above "Latest" items in Movies that disappears when you touch the screen (see attached)

55108b0c27e1a_WP_20150324_07_30_19_Pro2.

Thanks,

Vicpa

I will test some more this pm and in the am. Only thing so far is live tv is not working. I am on the beta server and it was working 0n 262,  The current beta is pretty flaky So I don't know if its fixed. 

Like the new series view on m/k looks good.

Still need to test more the screensaver of the video playback will let you know

Vicpa

Hi,

Did some more testing

As far as showstoppers

1) As noted Live TV is not working

2) Screen saver on video playback screen is flaky for me. Test Remote, M/K view and Touch view.

- With remote pause play work normally before the screen saver kicks in Screen saver on, pause and play start and stop but audio only. Video doesn't come back. Mouse movement needed to exit screen saver, that action causes jump directly to play and video restarts from beginning. Seems like it doesn't come back to pause. 

- Straight mouse and keyboard work similarly mouse movement causes video to restart from the beginning. Jumps right into play not back to pause.

There are some minor UI tweaks, Play button on What's on Live TV doesn't show. Squished picture for Music videos. The music screen saver could have Smaller size font and track time somewhere. Some song titles are crazy long, cover the counter sometimes. The counter is great but the is no context for it. Thought initially it should count down but that is to much like a ticking bomb :)  These are definitely not showstoppers

With TV and screen saver sorted looks "primetime" to me.

Thanks looking great will be a killer release.

7illusions

Not in this version. It might very well be added to the next version though.

• Like 1

7illusions

New build .266 is up

Think LiveTV is working  now, if it does, it might be a lot less ffmpeg involvoed compared to previous versions

Same goes for Channels, a lot better than before. :)

Also removed the Screensaver from VideoPlayback for this release.

Vicpa

Hi,

Live TV is not working, Couldn't find any logs or sec's in server log What should I be looking for to help you debug?

Channels worked Listened to a podcast, Magic in place :)  (curious it looks like ffmpeg runs for short time and then disappears)

cpu is negligible 

Let me know what you need to troubleshoot Live TV.

Screen saver on video player was a nice to have anyway so much in release as is. :)

7illusions

I guess I would need access to a server with LiveTV for a very short whlle. :D