Beta 3.2.0

7illusions

Vicpa

Hi,

with profile changes 262 LiveTV will do the copy.

mkvs and channels are working so  well :) in 269,

Do you still want to mess with LiveTV. Seems like a server thing. Maybe revisit when server side calms down.

Edited by Vicpa

I have been too busy with work and kids to get on this tbh.

just had a little play one thing i'd like (probably a personal thing!)

no backdrop images on the home screen (I think it makes it look too busy)

BUT backdrops in all other aspects (because they look empty without!)

so in settings you'd have

homescreen backdrops switch

then you could possibly have backdrops on or off for all other variants

tv backdrops switch

movies backdrop switch ....etc????

app seems great, looking forward to the new rumoured surface 3 to have more of a go at this! (can't afford a surface pro 3!!!!) if not i'm going to have to get a linx 10!!

Vicpa

Hi,

This change in 269 makes LiveTV almost like it was. AC3 transcodes to ac3 instead of copy, but I can live with that.. Will it mess up MKV's 

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="copy" audioCodec="ac3,eac3,aac" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

What it will do is force everything that you transcode into doing a VideoCopy. If the videocodec is something unsupported by Win81, it will not work.

The problem with LiveTV is that the app doesn't know what kind of codec the stream uses, it's just a null value, that's why  can't do anything about LiveTV.

This is part of the work that is going on serverside to improve so that we might be able to do streamcopy when it fits, itstead of a hacked profile that forces it always.. ;)

Vicpa

Hi,

what about videoCodec="h264,mpeg2 or mpeg2video"

will that work or could it?

The app/server doesn't know the stream automatically. But I know both codecs will play in win8

then it could work like mkv's with the audio being what ever it is, or defaulting to the first choice.

Never mind dumb question. I get it finally if you knew it was one or the other you would know what it is. :D

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

Hope the server guys get it together. It is pretty trivial really. It's a dlna device for gosh sakes. You poll the dam device and get the protocol info and move on.

From device spy

http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=8D100000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:application/x-dtcp1;CONTENTFORMAT="video/mpeg":DLNA.ORG_PN=DTCP_MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=8D110000000000000000000000000000

Sorry know its not your issue. Like my dad used to say "Not my Monkeys, Not my Circus'

Anyway I think the app is looking pretty great.

Thanks for all your efforts.

7illusions

New build up, .272

Added MusicVideos to MusicHub

Added all translations.

This is definetly a RC build so go ahead and test it out, no more features will be added this release-cycle

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

Must be tired of me now :)

Music Video's

If you choose to have them on the main hub and the views are different so definitely nice to have a choice. There shouldn't be an option for them on the music hub. Click on it in music hub returns empty screen.

for example.

from main hub

5514812fe182f_Screenshot55.png

Click on menu item music hub

55148169a2640_Screenshot56.png

If you take them off the main hub and click on them in music  

you get some kind of flat view. Images look a little squished.

551482529cd5b_Screenshot57.png

I guess my key comment is to take the menu choice off the music

hub if user has opted for them on main hub.

I like the icon for music videos on the music hub can the same one be used on the main hub?

I've just given live tv a go. works well one or two pauses initially then fine.

really like the next up in tv ! where's it pull the images from? nice touch.

one thing I did notice remote wise it only worked in keyboard set up, and as I went into next up for a tv series there didn't seem to be a way to get to the play button???

7illusions

It's not in the app. Yet.

Edited by 7illusions

7illusions

.274 is up

MusicVideo navigation from Main.

Nuget updates.

Vicpa

Hi 7

274 is really looking good!!

The only thing that needs tweaking. Is when you stop from the video player Movie or TV show and go to the main hub. The video shows up as now playing. Click on it takes you to the music player which obviously doesn't work. If possible any navigation away from the video player should clear out the content. If you stopped you stopped and with resume option doesn't matter if you want to go back :)

The empty menu choice for music videos in the music hub is still there :(  if they are on the main hub. Hope that is not a limitation of the server. The web ui is the same, always thought that was something that was just never fixed not by design. If it is dependent on the server in my opinion I would just pull it as an option. Have the choice on the main hub. It reflects badly on the app and is confusing for new users. Clicking on a menu choice and having a empty screen, they are going to wonder where the heck are my music videos :)  It is just a nice to have feature anyway (my opinion).

We WMC remote users (see Lee post above as well) would love to have the play button or ok working in a few more places. But I can fully understand if can't be added at this time. Besides It would always be a nice Feature enhancement for the next release.

Thanks and appreciate your tolerance for my nit picky stuff!!!!

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

My server "updated" to 40000 this am and 274 will not open at all, just crashes back to desktop. :( The app was closed initially , doesn't even get as far as writing to log. Same result with latest dev server on different machine.

I have one client (thank somebody) that was open and logged in. That still seems to be able to play content, etc. 

Did all the usual stuff, restarted the server machine, deleted the device, uninstalled and reinstalled the app no go......

I guess if there is any good news out of this.. is that the production release 240. fell all the way back to that on one machine, still seemed to work. It would open at least.

don't know what changes were in 40000. So if there is something to try there let me know. Were no errors in the server log either.

Thanks!!

gjviii

Hi,

My server "updated" to 40000 this am and 274 will not open at all, just crashes back to desktop. :( The app was closed initially , doesn't even get as far as writing to log. Same result with latest dev server on different machine.

I have one client (thank somebody) that was open and logged in. That still seems to be able to play content, etc. 

Did all the usual stuff, restarted the server machine, deleted the device, uninstalled and reinstalled the app no go......

I guess if there is any good news out of this.. is that the production release 240. fell all the way back to that on one machine, still seemed to work. It would open at least.

don't know what changes were in 40000. So if there is something to try there let me know. Were no errors in the server log either.

Thanks!!

I had the same thing happen.  I noticed it as well this morning and validated that I'm running the same server version as above and app version .274

Vicpa

Hi,

Pretty sure Home/Main Hub. That is usually where I close the app from. The last one that crashed(posted logs) was definitely at main hub and just minimized. 

Vicpa

Hi,

@@7illusions and @@Luke making any progress ? 40000 obviously broke the app. I got like 4 dev updates yesterday and none seem to fix the problem.

Do I need to do something on the server. I know 7, the app was in RC status, can't imagine that a server change would break it at this late date. Hope it doesn't mess up your timeline with the store etc.

Thanks let me know what to do if anything, or if you need more info or logs etc.

gjviii

Hi,

@@7illusions and @@Luke making any progress ? 40000 obviously broke the app. I got like 4 dev updates yesterday and none seem to fix the problem.

Do I need to do something on the server. I know 7, the app was in RC status, can't imagine that a server change would break it at this late date. Hope it doesn't mess up your timeline with the store etc.

Thanks let me know what to do if anything, or if you need more info or logs etc.

@@Vicpa I'm not sure if its the server update to 40000.  I have uninstalled .274  and reinstalled it and it still doesn't open.  If it was the server, I would expect it to open, allow me to attempt to connect to a server, then crash?  Am I correct in my assumption?

Vicpa

Hi

@ I am only making a guess, 274 worked with 30000, 274 doesn't work with 40000 :)

I am sure 7illusions and Luke will get it sorted.

Who knows maybe they are cooking up an additional feature :)

Edited by Vicpa