Beta 3.2.0

7illusions

Vicpa

Hi @@techywarrior

Darn, I thought I tested that pretty thoroughly. Excuse the obvious question are they straight movie and tv libraries. I did not test any usnet mixed folders types.

In my setup I don't have any bleed through. No movies added recently enough to show on the main hub, but when I scroll through "latest" view under movies, those that should not be combined are not showing.

-Vicpa

techywarrior

I loaded the app so I can give more detailed description.

On the main page "new movies" shows movies that are not part of the Movie library. This is probably expected as it's a more general "movie" list.

Going into the Movies library, "latest" is showing a movie not part of the library. (Vicpa, the movie in question is part of an unset folder but it itself is marked as a movie). I also have a folder that is marked as movies but unfortunately I don't have anything new enough in that one to see if it shows up as well. Clicking on "latest" (showing a long list of latest movies) works correctly and does NOT show the movie that is not part of the movie library.

There is actually a problem in TV as well. "Next Up", both on the TV homepage and when you click on it, are showing TV shows from a folder not in the TV library (these happen to also be from an unset folder type).

Probably just a couple of API calls missing the user ID. All the issues listed above display correctly in the web client so it's not a server side problem.

Also, 7, I'd recommend in TV that "latest" show the shows like the web client does and not the individual episodes.

Vicpa

Hi,

Sorry my bad, as I said I didn't test unset folder types. They proved so problematic when introduced I just bit the bullet and followed the recommendation to use as last resort and redid my stuff as separate movies and tv. Realize that is not practical for everyone.

As nice as the web ui is, I am not sure it serves as a design guide for client apps. It is pretty much up to 7. Personally as far as the TV view. Latest is showing the next up view. And if changed it probably should be "Suggested" with "Next Up" as is and "Latest" with  the series folder view subset of only shows that have unwatched content as the web does. The web lists it as "Latest Episodes" but really show a series view. But hey that is just my opinion.

techywarrior

Vicpa, not sure I understand what you mean with the TV view. It sounds like you are sort of agreeing with me on how "latest" should work.

Anyway, as far as the library view issues for "latest" I don't think it has anything to do with the unset folder type. The API call to get latest should handle it properly if the parent ID is sent (from memory on what Luke said) so I think it's simply just a minor bug in that 7 left the parent ID out.

Unset is a little bit of a mess but this bug would effect any folder that you have set to not be a part of the movie/tv library.

For me it's easier to organize Anime into an unset folder otherwise movies/shows get all mixed up with my normal movies. Or OVAs are in a completely different library from the show etc.

I don't necessarily think that the web client should be a design guide but if you look at every professional product that spans multiple devices (with a server/client architecture) you will see that although the design is tailored to each individual device the structure/presentation of the data is consistent. MBC and now Win8 apps have migrated, WP is in the works. I think Roku already did. I am sure that the new Android and iOS apps will. It makes the entire ecosystem feel more coherent. There is going to be a little bitching (have seen it with MBC) but anyone who uses multiple devices will appreciate it and it will make a lot more sense for new users when they see the data being consistent everywhere. (end tangent. lol )

Vicpa

Hi,

Kinda agreeing but more as an addition rather than a change. :)

the tv hub

551ee32c5a511_Screenshot62.png

Latest could be "Suggested" when clicked Display a default view and have a choice "Latest" with the view you want and Next Up. But again some of that is personal preference.

I agree that consistency is important. Both for new users and a polished ecosystem. I am just not always sure the web ui is the final standard for how content is presented. It needs to evolve and be tweaked as well. It is like the music view on the web ui. If you do not group Music Videos with Music, you still get menu choice for Music Videos under Music. It is just a blank empty screen . The win 8 app follows suit. You still get a Music video Menu choice. it just presents a blank screen like the web. I think we both can agree that is not quite right. End of my tangent LOL

I plan to merge latest + suggested for tv in the web client. and i've changed the text to Suggestions since we're using nouns for all the other titles.

it is so much faster to swipe with your fingers than it is to navigate to a different screen, so we really need to cater to that. 

techywarrior

Vicpa, lol, of course the web client isn't the "final" design and/or guideline. But it's the "now". As things get tweaked/fixed on the web client/server then the client apps will update to match.

Anyways, we should probably stop discussing that in here. :)

I haven't noticed any other bugs just glancing around the app. Will be gone for a long weekend but will check in more detail next week.

Nice update so far 7!