v0.550 - Major Release

chessdragon136

FrostByte

Req: Change order of images displayed on collections page.  On collections page if there isn't a Thumb then it displays the folder/poster file and about half of my collections don't have thumb files from moviedb so the folder image gets displayed.  Can it display thumbs, then backdrops and then if there aren't any of those two then display folder/posters images.  Right now it just looks odd with folder/poster images mixed in and if it tried backdrops also then most should be landscape.  Thanks

54d76a0b93bff_WP_20150208_002.jpg

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Ok new update pushed - 0.550b

Audio selection fix

aac transcode fix

Changed what images are displayed in some views

Probably some other things i cant remember

• Like 4

CBers

Audio selection fix

aac transcode fix

Regardless still spelt wrong - regardeless

Not a biggie :)

• Like 1

gbone8106

Chess, I'm on 550b, h series Samsung, yesterday I was on 545 reworked, and everything I had direct played which was amazing, except m2ts which still errored out, but today on the new release it seems anything with subtitles won't play. Screen just flashes

grimfandango

Audio selection fix

aac transcode fix

When I change audio tracks now I loose the picture altogether and it buffers (loading) every 3 seconds or so. On the plus side the audio track has changed.

Thank you for your hard work @chessdragon it is almost there.

TolkienBard

Favorites is spelled wrong :P

...but everything else works great so far...thanks

You're right - you spelled it wrong. Good catch!

:P

• Like 1

gbone8106

Ok I take that back , don't think it because of subtitles, although now it seems like only a few of my movies will play. Any one else experiencing playback issues?

Edited by gbone8106

FrostByte

With all the images in collections now folder/posters can the width of the text underneath be shortened/wrapped or eliminated all together like the web client?  The box with text is still thumb width. 

gbone8106

Ok Chess, I uploaded 2 samples that play and 2 samples that don't play, also uploaded screen shots of my settings page. fyi it took me a little bit to find multiple movies that played, it seems 90% of my movies don't play screen just flashes with no error code. Also I noticed if im in TV shows, I cannot back out to the main menu or anywhere else.

chessdragon136

Thats really weird - can you do an uninstall, turn off tv at the wall and turn back on, re-install and try - just very odd errors. 

I'll look at the files when i can

chessdragon136

Once you've done the above, change the DTS and Dolby settings to false and see if it plays.. I've altered that code a bit and it seems that may be at fault - the files play fine on my systems. 

As you can have multiple local trailers no?

And yeah, the selector is now white too. I think the colours need time to settle.

Playlist images.. I don't know where you mean

Personal preference, I liked the blue as I think the white is a little intense.  Blue was subtle but effective.

As you say, let's give it some time.

cragjagged

Personal preference, I liked the blue as I think the white is a little intense.  Blue was subtle but effective.

As you say, let's give it some time.

There is always going to be preference element to things like this. But there's also an accessibility angle here too, certain blues can easily be confused with greys which could get lost in the backdrop images.

gbone8106

ok I have uninstalled and reinstalled, same playback problems persist; also noticed app freezes when I enable missing and unaired episodes, when I browse the TV show it will freeze. Same thing trying back out of tv where it wont let me, its weird where if I browse certain TV shows and back out it will let me, and others it wont, very odd. also noticed after I enabled themes and then disabled them, the items that played before would play but with only sound and no picture. no difference with dts and dd set to false same items do not play, and also it doesn't show anything in log on the server.

could u also post the previous version, so if this cannot be corrected I can reinstall like we did before?

There is always going to be preference element to things like this. But there's also an accessibility angle here too, certain blues can easily be confused with greys which could get lost in the backdrop images.

I don't disagree with that.  Whatever works best in the long run

@@gbone8106 I'm seeing similar issues occasionally. I can reproduce the issue just not consistently I'll keep looking at it and see if I can get to the bottom of it

Using v0.550b I'm seeing this as well, but consistently.  Select TV from the tools Menu and the TV series images appear but strangely the Tools menu stays visible and active.  Pressing tools again clears it but I can't move around the titles as the selection is stuck on the first item (which is also not showing any meta-data at this stage).

Now, if I press down arrow once, I get the Favourites screen.  Do it all again from the start (Tools->TV->Tools to clear the menu) then do down twice I get the Media Folders Screen. 4 times and I get the Movies screen

It's like the Tools menu gets out of sync when TV is selected (but probably it doesn't get back an expected response from the server).  I see the TV Seasons screen, but the arrows and enter act like the Tools menu is active.

I have two users, one with only limited library access (including TV and movies) and it works fine.  The other user with full libraries has the problem.

If I start turning off Library access one library at a time, I can narrow it down to 2 of the libraries causing the problems. Disabling access for the faulty user to both of those libraries resolves the issue.  Enabling either one of them causes the problem to return.

I can't find anything obvious in the metadata manager for either of these libraries, and there is nothing obvious in the server logs (even turning on debug logging didn't help).  One of the libraries is TV only, one is mixed content.

Don't know if any of this helps? I might try more tomorrow

ginjaninja

When i cursor down a screen..most frequently on albums ie cursor down the tracks, the whole screen shifts upwards as if i had manipulated an invisible scrollbar and the UI was bigger than the screen...cursor up would then do reverse...

I cant tie down the exact steps to reproduce..but it is fairly easy/common to reproduce on my ue46es7000.

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

I am finding that browsing by album artists is not workable for me (700 album artists).

MBS is very slow to return the 700 album artists...is it possible for the client to cache the album artist response?

Not only does it take 30+ Seconds to enter album artists...but also 30+ seconds to return to album artists..and it is quite common to hang at this point and stop accepting input from controller...or return to home screen..

thanks for considering.

Edited by ginjaninja

crashkelly

Hi,

Running the current version of the app and I cannot get past the setting screen where I am to enter my IP address or hostname.

Have checked multiple the IP address for correctness times and have tried with and without the port number and no success.

I am running it through a BD-F5900 3D Blu-ray player and the app has always worked on it.

The MBs server is accessible from the BD Player as I can browse over DLNA to the server and bring up my movies and TV shows.

I am at a loss as there is no error message, just says "Checking Details" for about 20 seconds or so and then that disappears and I am left at the setting screen why I started.

I have 2 other Samsung TVs in the house and will try one of them momentarily, the other is the wife's and :o  if I break it

Ideas?

Thanks

CrashKelly

I'm having the exact same issues as SamES. Most libraries work fine apart from my TV library. 2 users and a hidden admin user. TV library works fine for my kids account, but for grownup tv (different library and folders), the library is unresponsive, no navigation at all, either via TV tab or browsing media folders. Selecting TV from tools menu results in the same behavior SamES describes, where the tools menu does not disappear. Tried rebuilding the library server side, reinstalling the app with power down, no luck. Any steps you guys want me to do to test further?

v0.550b

Samsung H6400

Server v 3.0.5518.0

Well, I like the new interface changes, I have two servers:

1- Windows RUNNING MB Version 3.0.5366.22005.

2- Windows running MB Version 3.0.5490.2

The new client version doesn't support the playback from the older version, seems the code has changed, I hope that's for good reasons

Mixed contents, or as named by server "unset" still not showing folders, contents are showing at the least level without folder grouping.

In addition, one of the features I like about the sammy client is linking cast Metadata across different contents (i.e. Videos and photo); that link is broken now.

Thanks @@chessdragon136 for all your efforts

DaN

Edited by DaN

I think I've found (part of) the issue with the TV library.

@@chessdragon136 I sent a pull request through that has a fix for the seriesrun function that I think is contributing to this.

Thanks @@cragjagged.  Through a process of elimination, I've narrowed it down to about small number of series that may be causing the issue, but ran out of time to determine which one or two was the culprit (many library scans required).  I suspect it is an issue with the handling of the metadata or images as it works fine and displays a blank place holder before the library scan picks up the season, then after the scan it breaks.

Hopefully you have the solution, but I will try and get more detail tonight if required.