v0.550 - Major Release

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Hi All,

It's taken a while but I think it's been worth the wait - Special thanks to @@cragjagged for the redesign UI elements

So, whats new?

New UI Look

A single screenshot doesn't really do it justice! Includes missing & unaired support too!

54d64732a5dbb_1.png

Search Functionality

This update also brings the ability to search! Simply get frustrated with your remote and you may get to what you want

54d64793a068d_2.png

Favorite Support!

You can now view all favorite items from the main menu, view them as your home screen (All, Series, Movies, Episodes) and add or remove items using the yellow button.

Once the GUI changes have settled we'll add in a favourite icon to show you its a favourite.

54d648d5ae754_3.png

Subtitle Support without Transcoding

This is a big one for me - I can now finally watch a lot of my stuff without transcoding. Font size and colour are options in the settings. 

54d6491ec3160_4.png

So, you think that's it? Nope

• Theme Music - Configurable via settings
  • Audio track switching - Controllable via the tools menu during playback
  • Contributors page - To recognise those who have helped out
  • Backdrop images fade in and out - It looks cool, better than an image suddenly appearing
  • Ability to blank the screen from the music player - By popular request this is in
  • AAC transcode to Dolby for receivers that don't support it - User request, let me know if it actually works
  • Screensaver image rotate speed option
  • Pressing the play button on an image media folder will now play all images
  • Disc Art is now an option in settings

And a small modification:

• The blue button no longer logs you out - That is now from the main menu. Blue now brings up the music player when playing

And finally, some small bug fixes

• Removed flickering caused by unnecessary image reloads
  • Settings View 1 and View 2 would show a blank option 
  • Clock fix for timezone
  • Virtual Items should never be playable
  • Resume bar should now always show on home screen resume all items

Given its a massive release, expect it to be a bit buggy! 

Thanks

• Like 18

grimfandango

Looks good, I will get it installed as soon as I can. Thank you for all your hard work.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Does look great.   I installed it and the UI is pretty sweet. 

Although I can no longer scroll through the movie or music collection.  It's just stays stuck.   TV collection works flawlessly.

I enter Movies and nothing happens.  I try to go up or down or left and right and it does not respond.  I can eventually highlight the top menu items and, say select latest, and nothing happens.

I can exit back to the main menu and that is about it.

running v .550

Larry

forgot to mention I  have an es8000

Edited by above1

CBers

Excellent stuff Chess and cragjagged.

Will install later when I'm home.

Edited by CBers

AgileHumor

So far, everything plays great.

Have a small glitch when I use the Tools button menu by accident, I can't seem to "go back" and close the menu...without making a selection. 

Not a huge deal, just would assume Tools or Return would cancel

chessdragon136

@@above1 - Thanks, issue resolved and will push out a build shortly

@@AgileHumor - I cannot replicate. Which menus and from where did this happen? As much detail as possible please 

cragjagged

Although I can no longer scroll through the movie or music collection.  It's just stays stuck.   TV collection works flawlessly.

I enter Movies and nothing happens.  I try to go up or down or left and right and it does not respond.  I can eventually highlight the top menu items and, say select latest, and nothing happens.

running v .550

Larry

Yeah I can see the same, looks like we missed this issue. Should be able to get a fix out soon I would have thought 

Never mind @@chessdragon136 beat me to it!

Edited by cragjagged
  • Like 1

running v .550

Larry

After deleting the app off of the TV and re-installing it to v .550a All is good!

Thanks for the excellent work done.  This rocks!

Edited by above1

rickster53

V .550a is looking good and fixed the navagation problem reported by others. Thanks for the effort and hard work with this app. Seeing a smal problem with movie trailers... As an example, for the movie Fury when I select Trailer, it displays 3 lines:

Fury
Fury
Fury-trailer

Fury-trailer plays fine. Not sure what both of the other Fury entries are but when I select either of them the Loading message appears, the screen goes blank and it just stays like that.

See similar displays for multiple trailers in other movies and they behave the same way. Let me know if you need more info. Hope this is sufficient to give you a clue.

EDIT: Double-checked my server and the only file named Fury is the actual movie itself.  There are no other video files in the folder for that movie other than the trailer which is named Fury-trailer, and as I mentioned, that plays fine.  When I clicked on Trailers in the MB Web Client, it displayed a Video Error message.  I'm wondering if I have some bad database trailer pointers for this movie.  I will investigate further...

Edited by rickster53

chessdragon136

Do you use the Internet Trailers plugin?

Does the web interface think you have multiple trailers?

I cannot replicate off the bat 

Can you 

1. In the web server management, go to advanced, then security, and create a new api key called swagger
  2. Run the below http search with the correct ID's in a web browser
  • http://SERVERIP:ServerPort/mediabrowser/Users/USERID/Items/ITEMID/LocalTrailers?format=json&api_key=APIKEY

From web interface, go to my preferences and in the top bar you will see userId=

From web interface, go to an item, and in the url you will see id= (ItemId)

Server IP and Port you should know..

API key is the one you created in step 1

Basically let me know the results. 

grimfandango

I have now had a chance to install and play with v.550a.

Firstly everything now uses direct play instead of transcoding (this is everything I wished for) the only problem's I have found is when changing the audio source during a movie/TV series nothing happens (if I change to English from Swedish it remains Swedish). I have tried a few TV series and movies all with the same result. The second issue is with the enable aac transcoding to Dolby: when i enable this setting I get a connection error as soon as I try to play a video once disabled the video will play.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

rickster53

Do you use the Internet Trailers plugin?

Does the web interface think you have multiple trailers?

I cannot replicate off the bat 

Can you 

1. In the web server management, go to advanced, then security, and create a new api key called swagger
  2. Run the below http search with the correct ID's in a web browser
  • http://SERVERIP:ServerPort/mediabrowser/Users/USERID/Items/ITEMID/LocalTrailers?format=json&api_key=APIKEY

From web interface, go to my preferences and in the top bar you will see userId=

From web interface, go to an item, and in the url you will see id= (ItemId)

Server IP and Port you should know..

API key is the one you created in step 1

Basically let me know the results. 

Yes, I'm using the trailer plugin

When I select the trailer button in the web interface it immediately gives me the "Video Error" message so I assume it only has one, but not sure.  By the way, I also tried this on my ipad using the Mediabrowser iOS app and it also displays the 3 trailers and it also hangs if I select one of the 2 trailers identified as "Fury"--just like the Samsung App! So I assume this is coming from the server?

I think I have all the params for the search you wanted but not sure what to use for itemID and how to obtain it... Can you elaborate...

chessdragon136

AAC to Dolby is fixed for next release

@@Luke - sorry I could do with some help - Audio switching. Below are the 2 url's i pass, both trigger playback correctly but both play the same audio stream despite specifying the AudioStreamIndex. 

Is this because I am direct streaming? Do I need to to stream copy the relevant stream only, and if so, on regular playback how do i know which track would actually play given it ignores the server, I assume one with the lowest index. 

Video Playback URL: ://192.168.1.108:8096/mediabrowser/Videos/c5d6393aaef3d7f2d5bdd8fe96e8f408/Stream.mkv?static=true&VideoStreamIndex=0&AudioStreamIndex=2&MediaSourceId=c5d6393aaef3d7f2d5bdd8fe96e8f408&DeviceId=JHCKF5GZZMATE&StartTimeTicks=6431860000

@@rickster53 - Go to an item in the web browser and the ID is the below (not the & at the end)

54d68388169ec_Capture.png

Edited by chessdragon136

rickster53
  1. http://SERVERIP:ServerPort/mediabrowser/Users/USERID/Items/ITEMID/LocalTrailers?format=json&api_key=APIKEY

I think I did this correctly and the result of the search resulted in an IE option to open or save the resulting file.  The result saved a file called LocalTrailers.json   Tried to add it as an attachment but it said I'm "not permitted to upload this kind of file"

MatthewS

550a is great, Thanks Chessdragon!

One thing I noticed is that the Tools button on the remote doesn't work when a movie or TV show is playing and so there is no way to change audio track or enable subtitles etc.

chessdragon136

@@rickster53 - Remove "format=json&" and run it again and just copy the text. 

@@MatthewS - The menu is only enabled if there are subtitles or audio tracks to change to, If you think this wrong please let me know 

chessdragon136

Ok @@Luke again, has "/Users/{UserId}/Items/{Id}/LocalTrailers." been deprecated or changed - From the log above that call is returning both local and remote trailers. 

the url should be changed from LocalTrailers to  just Trailers, but i don't want to bring the api. the intention is all available trailers, although the order is wrong. local ones should be listed first and that's been resolved for the next release.

• Like 1

MatthewS

@@rickster53 - Remove "format=json&" and run it again and just copy the text. 

@@MatthewS - The menu is only enabled if there are subtitles or audio tracks to change to, If you think this wrong please let me know 

Thanks,

I tested an episode of MASH. 

In MediaBrowserTheatre on my PC it shows 2 audio tracks and 1 subtitle as expected.

In the Samsung app it shows 2 audio tracks and no subtitles, and even if I try to use the 2nd audio track (ie the audio without the "laugh track") it doesnt change.

I also tested "Das Boot".

In MediaBrowserTheatre on my PC it shows 1 subtitle as expected.

In the Samsung app it shows no subtitles.

Also, on the TV the video appears "squashed".  Is there a way to "zoom" the picture like in MediaBrowserTheatre (using the T key).

edit: I guess what I mean is that the TV has an aspect ratio of 16:9 but if a movie/TV Show has a different aspect ratio the it can look "squashed". Could you please add a sizing option to "zoom" or "crop" the picture? Similar to the "T" key on MediaBrowserTheatre.

edit #2:  Both files are .MKV with the subtitles inside the .MKV (ie not external subtitle files).

Edited by MatthewS

FrostByte

Favorites is spelled wrong :P

...but everything else works great so far...thanks

Edited by FrostByte