v0.550 - Major Release

chessdragon136

Looks awesome! Great work :) I'm in the process of shuffling some HDD's around right now, so my server is currently offline. I can't wait to test it out ASAP though! It looks like it'll be exactly what I've been hoping for :)

FrostByte

Error: Can't exit screen saver once started.  Only button that did anything was the off button.  I could see the red light flash when I hit a button though so I know the tv was receiving input from the remote. 

F series tv using version 550a of the app. 

However, on a positive note I watched Das Boot with external srt subtitle just fine and didn't have to stop the movie and load the subtitle.  Thanks

Look the new look,wel done to all.

Having a problem with the app freezing,I have changed a few settings in the TV section,enabling DTS and Dolby,this ems to be a problem when switching from a TV episode to a movie with DTS.

I initially deleted the previous version and unplugged the power and did a full reinstall and have done it again with no joy to fixing the issue,the app still freezes.

chessdragon136

Error: Can't exit screen saver once started.  Only button that did anything was the off button.  I could see the red light flash when I hit a button though so I know the tv was receiving input from the remote. 

F series tv using version 550a of the app. 

However, on a positive note I watched Das Boot with external srt subtitle just fine and didn't have to stop the movie and load the subtitle.  Thanks

I'm inclined to ignore you given that Favourites is spelt with a U. Damn american laziness can't even be bothered to write an additional letter... 

But more seriously, I need more info please - what page were you on when the screensaver kicked in. Is this reproducable. Can you produce the error without watching any videos or audio (so just in the menus, no playback before error)

Look the new look,wel done to all.

Having a problem with the app freezing,I have changed a few settings in the TV section,enabling DTS and Dolby,this ems to be a problem when switching from a TV episode to a movie with DTS.

I initially deleted the previous version and unplugged the power and did a full reinstall and have done it again with no joy to fixing the issue,the app still freezes.

Again, more info please. Can you provide the settings as to when the issue does and does not happen. I don;t have a receiver so this is difficult for me to diagnose without some help :( 

• Like 1

Sorry chess, I will get some screenshots of the settings soon and post hem here,also forgot to mention that enabling DTS or Dolby does not seem to work with this version,previous version was working ok.

CBers

I'm inclined to ignore you given that Favourites is spelt with a U. Damn american laziness can't even be bothered to write an additional letter...

Let's hope they don't complain about the colour :)

• Like 1

im85288

Lol, the first thing I do in my apps is change the spelling to include the U  ;)

chessdragon136

Ok All, I've just seen a major flaw in my app regarding playback times, which may explain some odd behaviour regarding watched updated and time check ins.

My app currently provides the time of how long the player has been running -> NOT the time of the video. In short, if I resume a video at 30 minutes and play it for 10 seconds, my app reports a playpack position of 10 seconds! 

I'll look into this. May be easy, probably isnt!

chessdragon136

P.S audio switching is fixed for next release.

Also trailers have been disabled unless a dev can explain how i find ONLY local trailer - It seems the LocalTrailers is returning all trailers now, the Trailers api luke mentioned above i cannot find at all and the web interface still uses localtrailers. 

CBers

Just updated.

Spelling mistake on the PLAYBAR DEFAULT AUDIO TRACK description - regardelss.

Where I have multiple unwatched episodes of the same TV show (TV, Latest view), they are listed in latest first. I know it's the latest first, but it looks wrong.

Not getting my own images displayed for Media Folders - I get the default server ones instead. I've checked the server and they are displayed OK there.

Any way of hiding internet trailers? I know trailers with "-trailer' in the name will be a local trailer.

Does chapters playback still work? Just tried starting a movie 24 minutes in, and all I get is" Loading" on the screen. It worked previously, as this is a favourite part of a movie I play when testing. I couldn't exit out of playback, do had to power cycle the TV.

Have all of @@cragjagged's changes been implemented, or just some? I was expecting more of a WOW factor.

Other than that, all seems to work OK, especially the Photo library playback, although (!!), it might be nice to have play folder as is, in order, or randomly.

Thanks Chess for all your hard work and for the mention on the contributors page.

Edited by CBers

im85288

Also trailers have been disabled unless a dev can explain how i find ONLY local trailer - It seems the LocalTrailers is returning all trailers now, the Trailers api luke mentioned above i cannot find at all and the web interface still uses localtrailers. 

Well we use the same in the Kodi addon and assume the first trailer is the local trailer.

itemTrailerUrl = "http://" + server + "/mediabrowser/Users/" + userid + "/Items/" + id + "/LocalTrailers?format=json"

If this API has been changed by @@Luke it will mean changes in quite a few places unfortunately.

chessdragon136

Well we use the same in the Kodi addon and assume the first trailer is the local trailer.

itemTrailerUrl = "http://" + server + "/mediabrowser/Users/" + userid + "/Items/" + id + "/LocalTrailers?format=json"

If this API has been changed by @@Luke it will mean changes in quite a few places unfortunately.

I've just disabled it until I get a reasonable answer - the one he provided I cannot find any references to, or any meas to filter in the url (am i meant to loop all of them and check the protocol?) Documentation still references LocalTrailers so I'll disable it and wait until its resolved. 

FrostByte

I was going to get that one next :)  The English don't know how to spell correct English for some reason :)

• Like 1

im85288

I've just disabled it until I get a reasonable answer - the one he provided I cannot find any references to, or any meas to filter in the url (am i meant to loop all of them and check the protocol?) Documentation still references LocalTrailers so I'll disable it and wait until its resolved. 

Why not just take the first one returned from the array as we do in the Kodi Addon?

Just had a quick test of the App and like the changes, a couple of things I spotted quickly were Playlists do not show any images and the highlight on the Menu bar has gone back to green..I thought this had been changed to blue (or was I imagining that!) .

rickster53

Understood...

... I'm not a developer, but seems to me this calls for a LocalTrailers api that truly returns ONLY Local Trailers, and perhaps an InternetTrailers api for the others.  If those were in place, then an AllTrailers api could combine the two and fetch them all...

chessdragon136

Spelling mistake on the PLAYBAR DEFAULT AUDIO TRACK description - regardelss.

Fixed

Where I have multiple unwatched episodes of the same TV show (TV, Latest view), they are listed in latest first. I know it's the latest first, but it looks wrong.

Sorry but that is the way it's meant to be displayed.

Not getting my own images displayed for Media Folders - I get the default server ones instead. I've checked the server and they are displayed OK there.

What type are your images? Primary, Thumb, Backdrop...?

Any way of hiding internet trailers? I know trailers with "-trailer' in the name will be a local trailer.

Read the posts above

Does chapters playback still work? Just tried starting a movie 24 minutes in, and all I get is" Loading" on the screen. It worked previously, as this is a favourite part of a movie I play when testing. I couldn't exit out of playback, do had to power cycle the TV.

Probably the audio switching issue i have, probably fixed for next release

Have all of @@cragjagged's changes been implemented, or just some? I was expecting more of a WOW factor.

Thats harsh -> The app isn't going to go through another major overhaul. The looks bring it more in line with MBT and others which is great, images loading with fade takes the jarring effect away, its a mass improvement. And I hope he continues to look at the music / video players as well. Reality is, the app can only be HTML4 / CSS2 due to D series support.

FrostByte

But more seriously, I need more info please - what page were you on when the screensaver kicked in. Is this reproducable. Can you produce the error without watching any videos or audio (so just in the menus, no playback before error)

Again, more info please. Can you provide the settings as to when the issue does and does not happen. I don;t have a receiver so this is difficult for me to diagnose without some help :(

Heh, well I can't argue with that one. 

I believe it was right after watching Das Boot and sitting on the info page for Das Boot.  I tried recreating the error on the main page this morning and it didn't happen so I'll have to play some more.  Thanks

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Why not just take the first one returned from the array as we do in the Kodi Addon?

Just had a quick test of the App and like the changes, a couple of things I spotted quickly were Playlists do not show any images and the highlight on the Menu bar has gone back to green..I thought this had been changed to blue (or was I imagining that!) .

As you can have multiple local trailers no?

And yeah, the selector is now white too. I think the colours need time to settle.

Playlist images.. I don't know where you mean

im85288

As you can have multiple local trailers no?

And yeah, the selector is now white too. I think the colours need time to settle.

Playlist images.. I don't know where you mean

I don't think you can have multiple local trailers, anyway even if you did I see no harm in showing the first one returned. One trailer is enough really.

I did not mean the selector, I was referring to when you highlight the text at the top...I'm sure in a previous version that was blue but now it is green, have to say I prefer the blue.

For the Playlists, I mean if you select playlists on the top menu it opens a section with any playlists you have created. They are shown in a sort of thumb view aspect (similar to Next Up) etc and for me no image is shown for any of them. It's probably something simple so if you do not have playlists to test with I can take a look. 

Btw, how's Channels coming on? When I did a bit of coding on them some time back it was really close...the images all worked it was just playback on for example the trailers channel was not working for me.

CBers

OK, re-started the app and playback from the same chapter worked this time.

CBers

CBers, on 08 Feb 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Sorry but that is the way it's meant to be displayed.

Fair enough. Not a view I would use to see my Next Up's anyway ;)

What type are your images? Primary, Thumb, Backdrop...?

Primary - that's what they're called in the Dashboard when I add them. They were there in the previous version.

The filename for the Primary is folder.png and the backdrop is backdrop.png, if that helps any.

It seems to be using the thumb.jpg as my image.

Read the posts above

If the first one returned is the local trailer, as designated by "moviename-trailer", then it's OK with me.

Probably the audio switching issue i have, probably fixed for next release

Worked after I re-started the TV/app.

Thats harsh -> The app isn't going to go through another major overhaul. The looks bring it more in line with MBT and others which is great, images loading with fade takes the jarring effect away, its a mass improvement. And I hope he continues to look at the music / video players as well. Reality is, the app can only be HTML4 / CSS2 due to D series support.

Sorry, didn't mean to be harsh, but I was viewing @@cragjagged's images on my phone - perhaps I didn't totally understand the changes - still don't like the multi-colour media icons though.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Playlists use thumb images, which for me the server automatically created.

Can change to primary