wraslor

wraslor

Curious is there any way to tie in gamebrowser to the kodi plugin?  Can we use the kodi equivalent advance launcher?  I've not messed with kodi too much and I've just bought a mini-pc to replace my fire tv stick and want to make a media/ retro gamer station that the family can easily navigate.  If someone could give me some ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!

shaefurr

I think at this point the best you can do in Kodi is either use the advanced launcher, ROM collection browser, or the STEAM plugin (will just launch steam in big picture mode). the ROM collection browser is basically Kodi's version of gamebrowser.

Personally I use the steam plugin with ICE which adds emulators to steam, ROM CB looks interesting but it looked like a bit much to setup so I never got around to it.

Edited by shaefurr

dark_slayer

If you want a hands down awesome experience install the old version of XBMC (13 - Gotham) from this thread  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173361

The latest 13.1 builds were OpenELEC only, but the older builds hopefully didn't have too many bugs. I'd suggest OpenELEC if you've never tried it before

Then just copy some roms into the storage folders (you can do this across your network from a windows computer with ease)

It's going to be a killer feature when it ever makes it to Kodi