Emby TV CLUB

CBers

FrostByte
12 hours ago, chef said:

I'm sorry but She Hulk is absolutely horrible. The premise is obviously fine, but the narrative, and the way the events unfold is just terrible. Why Marvel?... I love you... Why do the events of this first episode get written like that? Racing to tell a story never ends well. 

You watch, they'll rely on cameos from our favorite character to push the story along.

Agree.  My wife says she's not sure she can watch the rest of the season.  I'm holding out to see DD though.

• Agree 2

CBers
16 hours ago, chef said:

I'm sorry but She Hulk is absolutely horrible

We really enjoyed it.

Oxide

Wasn't expecting this, looks like it took a dark turn 😆  According to the IMDB it's releasing on 19 September, so not long to wait 🤩

• Haha 1

Junglejim
2 hours ago, CBers said:

We really enjoyed it.

Yep everyone has there own taste to tv/movies.👍  I'm just over the superhero stuff at the mo, they did the same thing with zombie stuff a few years ago.

It's what's making money at the time I guess.

I'm really enjoying "The Sandman" on Netflix at the mo, got 5 more to binge. :)

• Agree 1

FrostByte
29 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

I'm really enjoying "The Sandman" on Netflix at the mo, got 5 more to binge. :)

We thought the Sandman was great.  Binged several shows at a time with that one.  There was one or two episodes that were a bit horrifying, but not as much throughout as I expected.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Agree 2

Junglejim
14 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

We thought the Sandman was great.  Binged several shows at a time with that one.  There was one or two episodes that were a bit horrifying, but not as much throughout as I expected.

Yea I know what you mean, I think it was episode 5.. "24/7" that was a bit horrifying. "A Hope in Hell" wasn't too bad.. That's as far as I've got. :) Looking forward to the rest of the series!

FrostByte

Just read that Netflix has a bonus two-part episode of The Sandman which they are releasing.  Episode 11, “A Dream of a Thousand Cats/Calliope,” is supposedly already out there, but I haven't checked yet myself.  One part of it may be animated.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Junglejim
9 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Just read that Netflix has a bonus two-part episode of The Sandman which they are releasing.  Episode 11, “A Dream of a Thousand Cats/Calliope,” is supposedly already out there, but I haven't checked yet myself.  One part of it may be animated.

Cool! Just had a look and Ep11 is now listed on Netflix, I'm up to Ep8 but will binge the next 4 episodes over the weekend. 😉

Junglejim
On 19/08/2022 at 16:47, Oxide said:

Wasn't expecting this, looks like it took a dark turn 😆  According to the IMDB it's releasing on 19 September, so not long to wait 🤩

WOW.. That's a big change. :) Have to check it out! I wasn't a fan of the sitcom but this could be good (Frasier/Scarface). 😆

Edited by Junglejim

That is a big shift for Frasier...  Looked really interesting until the final frame when it said it was on NBC 😜.   I guess I've become a streaming snob.  Just haven't found much on broadcast TV that was any good lately.  We'll see...

Big day tomorrow as we get to see how House of the Dragon turned out.

FrostByte
7 hours ago, ebr said:

I've read good things about it from people who have already seen some of it.  My fingers are crossed 🤞

• Agree 1

gihayes
9 hours ago, ebr said:

That is a big shift for Frasier...  Looked really interesting until the final frame when it said it was on NBC 😜.   I guess I've become a streaming snob.  Just haven't found much on broadcast TV that was any good lately.  We'll see...

It that Fraiser TV trailer real? I got the feeling it was something put together by a fan from the comments. 

adamstewiegreen

Only Murders in the Building - This is fun.  Steve Martin and Martin Short are still in top form.

This is going to Hurt - Dark and funny

Frasier - That trailer is hilarious.  I'm actually in the middle of watching Frasier and there is a reboot being planned (although definitely not like the trailer 🤣).

• Like 1

Junglejim
On 20/08/2022 at 23:07, ebr said:

It's early days but I think this will be good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Junglejim said:

It's early days but I think this will be good!

Yeah, I think it has promise...

• Agree 1

chef
On 8/20/2022 at 9:06 PM, adamstewiegreen said:

Only Murders in the Building - This is fun.  Steve Martin and Martin Short are still in top form.

This is going to Hurt - Dark and funny

Frasier - That trailer is hilarious.  I'm actually in the middle of watching Frasier and there is a reboot being planned (although definitely not like the trailer 🤣).

I really loved Only Murders in the building.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Junglejim
On 21/08/2022 at 10:36, adamstewiegreen said:

Just started watching this on your rec and I'm really enjoying it. Cheers. 🍻

Junglejim

I'm hoping "The Rings of Power" lives up to the hype. I've had a Prime sub for years and they have produced some good stuff at times.

It may not be for everyone taste wise but I'm a LOTR nerd. 😁

Edited by Junglejim

Junglejim

This is a few years old.. "The Outsider". It's a crime/mystery/thriller. This crosses over into horror towards the latter episodes. Jason Bateman does a nice job here as he's done with so many productions to date like "Ozark".

Edited by Junglejim

• 2 weeks later...
adamstewiegreen

We just finished watching The Bear.  It is fantastic, and super short (there are 8, 30 minute episodes).  There is an episode which - apart from the very beginning - is done in a single take, it's chaotic and stressful.

I will add that this is the only show which my wife has ever commented on swearing - it's pretty unrelenting at times - so if you have little ones and you're concerned about expanding their vocabulary, save this for when they're asleep.

• Like 2

Junglejim
On 14/09/2022 at 10:47, adamstewiegreen said:

We just finished watching The Bear.  It is fantastic, and super short (there are 8, 30 minute episodes).  There is an episode which - apart from the very beginning - is done in a single take, it's chaotic and stressful.

I will add that this is the only show which my wife has ever commented on swearing - it's pretty unrelenting at times - so if you have little ones and you're concerned about expanding their vocabulary, save this for when they're asleep.

Yea, what's with chef's swearing so much. They all seem too! Maybe it's the stress.. or they just want to be Gordan Ramsay. :)

This is good though. 👍

Edited by Junglejim

On 9/1/2022 at 1:28 PM, Junglejim said:

I'm hoping "The Rings of Power" lives up to the hype.

It totally a joke (personal view), well I watch it because one of my son kept telling me it a good one.

Junglejim
5 hours ago, Abobader said:

It totally a joke (personal view), well I watch it because one of my son kept telling me it a good one.

Yea it didn't grab me personally, I was hoping it would.

I wasn't expecting it to be on par with the movies but the cast and the script just didn't jell with me.

I'll still watch it though but it's not on my must watch list.. ;)

• Like 1

I'm enjoying The Rings of Power. 

I have never watched the movies, but have read the books. 

I'm taking it as a brand new TV show with no history, so perhaps that's why I'm liking it.