#1141 mediacowboy OFFLINE  

mediacowboy

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1857 posts
  • Local time: 02:29 PM
  • LocationTexas, United States

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:19 PM

I watched Upload this weekend. It was a good mix in my opinion of comedy, tech, mystery, and love story. The wife and I have a hard time agreeing on shows to watch and she wanted to watch this one.

#1142 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15919 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 PM
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:33 PM

I watched Upload this weekend. It was a good mix in my opinion of comedy, tech, mystery, and love story.

Same here.

#1143 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4769 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:23 PM

Really enjoying upload too

#1144 mediacowboy OFFLINE  

mediacowboy

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 1857 posts
  • Local time: 02:29 PM
  • LocationTexas, United States

Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:44 PM

I hope they renew it.

#1145 adamstewiegreen OFFLINE  

adamstewiegreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM
  • LocationMuswellbrook, NSW

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:46 AM

I watched Solar Opposites. From one of the co-creator of Rick and Morty (and obviously so). It's not as good or smart or funny or dark or witty or edgy as R&M but it's still pretty good. And at only 8 episodes long it's pretty easy to binge on a weekend.

#1146 WilhelmStroker OFFLINE  

WilhelmStroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 04:28 PM

I watched Solar Opposites. From one of the co-creator of Rick and Morty (and obviously so). It's not as good or smart or funny or dark or witty or edgy as R&M but it's still pretty good. And at only 8 episodes long it's pretty easy to binge on a weekend.

I've got that on my list to watch as I love Rick and Morty. I'm also enjoying season 2 of What we do in the shadows and going to check out Brassic which looks interesting.

#1147 adamstewiegreen OFFLINE  

adamstewiegreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM
  • LocationMuswellbrook, NSW

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:09 PM

Upload:  This is a dystopian nightmare disguised as a lighthearted comedy.  The idea that people are just software in 'meat' hardware isn't new, it's been around for (literally) thousands of years (look up 'Gnosticism').  The show has an undeniable charm, and I'll definitely check it out for season 2 (because I enjoy existential horror).  I'm a bit boring this way but, philosophically, I hope they delve a little deeper - I think it's possible while still keeping it light and having mass appeal.

The Americans:  This came out the year breaking bad ended and was the best thing on tv.  I'm watching it for the second time and it's even better on a second viewing.  This is one of the best tv shows ever made - up there with The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men.  Solid from beginning to end with no missteps or shark jumping.

#1148 WilhelmStroker OFFLINE  

WilhelmStroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:40 AM

Yeah I enjoyed the Americans a lot, great show. Bad wigs though. Upload I need to watch still.
Currently enjoying What we do in the shadows and old episodes of Mst3k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users