Custom version (0.517)

im85288

chessdragon136

I believe the backend elements for music are still there and should work, but the UI was never really completed for it - Its developed so you can listen to music whilst navigating the other pages but the UI never worked, and then the major re-write hasn't included music yet.. I can take a look over the next few days see what state it is in.

• Like 1

im85288

I guess an animated disk isn't possible like with other clients ?

I'll have to find another thumb for that show ;)

Hmm animation seems to annoy people even more in my experience. Having said that my css skills are not very good so I can't really say if it could be done or not.

• Like 1

im85288

I had left it like that on purpose as I did like it, but if you do want a random image every time I can fix it tonight as its a warped bit of code..

If you're interested in a project for the future for Samsung look into the Tizen framework - Samsung announced recently that their TV's from 2015 will run it, so MB3 will need to do it some point.. But back to the now, I don't have any Live TV system either, which does make it difficult to program for! Channels are almost ready to go, when you can do enable it and play. Was written about 6 months ago so may need some updating..

Regarding releasing, I've fallen into the bad habit that I push out updates rather frequently to dix minor issues, although in a few weeks I'd like to think that many of those could be ironed out and can fit into a more regular release schedule..

I quite like it actually, nice little side effect.

I did see the Tizen framework when downloading the sdk so may keep that in mind for the future. I'll definitely have a look at channels when time allows.

I'm like you I like to push releases quite frequently...well at least whenever a new feature/bug is fixed. I do though foresee releases slowing down here as almost everything is perfect anyway :)

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

Haha theres plenty to do

• Make Main Menu pretty
  • Music - Looking at it now and i can make it functional but it needs a GUI uplift!
  • Transcoding issues - May need a minor re-write & need to disable 3D playback and audio switching (Sorry - its tempremental and I'd rather have it out)
  • Login / logout needs rethinking to prevent issues some people have when updating
  • Channels
  • Live Tv

So, a few hours work ;) I'm going to look at music for a few weeks

Also i have made the home page completely random on each load - Not my preference but i can see why people like it - pushed to github an hour or so ago

Edited by chessdragon136

SamES

I believe the backend elements for music are still there and should work, but the UI was never really completed for it - Its developed so you can listen to music whilst navigating the other pages but the UI never worked, and then the major re-write hasn't included music yet.. I can take a look over the next few days see what state it is in.

Cool, thanks. No rush

gbone8106

Yea, 3D playback works perfectly for me. Actually almost everything works perfectly for me. I really would like to keep 3D enabled. I have full sbs mkvs made from Makemkv and use the [fsbs] tag at the end of the file name.  it auto switches and plays every time. The only issue I have is the bit rate limit, would love an option to direct play everything instead of the transcoding, as I have many movies that have bit rates between 32-46mbps that transcode. Also I should mention I have HU8550, not sure if that makes a difference.

• Like 2

andymcm

Brilliant effort, upgraded to the latest off the MB Server and worked a treat!!! Thanks all for the hard work.

Is it just me or has the number of episodes on TV series stopped working? I remember the number on the TV Series screen that said how many episodes unread, it seems to have disappeared for me pre 0.515.

Spaceboy

All working well here too and i like how it looks at present. The planned work sounds like it will complete this app

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly many thanks to chessdragon136 for all your hard work. I have set this up to stream to the bedroom for my wife. Having a GUI such as you have built makes it so much easier for her to navigate and see what she is looking for. Not to mention it looks Brilliant! Your a champion mate. Would like to make a donation to you if possible. Enough at least to buy a few beers as a small token of my appreciation.

Please let me know if and how I can do this?

I have not commented actively here regarding this app simply because others have already put forth any suggestions, I might of had and quite frankly, my understanding of the technical aspects is very limited.

Thanks also to Cbers for actively supporting chessdragon136 and helping to keep this app evolving.

Finally my thanks to im85288 for stepping up with your recent contributions. From my perspective this app, much like MB3 itself; is becoming increasingly impressive.

A little feedback:

One very small critique I have which Cbers made mention earlier; is the addtion of the Half Disc that now appears on top of the movie posters. I understand wanting to add to the aesthetics, but for me it is a little too much in the corner there. It looks crowded and is distracting with regards to the shape and the art work of the poster.

If that design is to stay; is it possible to:

- Make it a the addition of the half disc a feature that could be disabled /enabled according to personal taste.

or

- Maybe instead; offer a choice of displaying either the Poster or the Disc.

Again thanks to everyone who has helped to get this app to where it is. Isn't the internet simply awesome. :)

All the best to you and your families.

Edited by Mobius
  • Like 2

gillmacca

Seem to be having a problem my end. I have just installed this app, and upon launching, all I get is a black screen with the words 'screensaver test build 2' in the lower right hand corner. Sometimes, I just get the message connecting, but the cirle never spins, so it never launches.

My TV is Samsing UE22ES5400

chessdragon136

@@Mobius - I'll consider making it an option, shouldn't be difficult but I want to re-work the settings page before create more options..

@@gillmacca - Can you uninstall the app, reboot the tv, and install from the New IP address found in the install instructions pinned in this forum. My old IP is now used as a test development server so things like what you described can happen. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

gillmacca

@@Mobius - I'll consider making it an option, shouldn't be difficult but I want to re-work the settings page before create more options..

@@gillmacca - Can you uninstall the app, reboot the tv, and install from the New IP address found in the install instructions pinned in this forum. My old IP is now used as a test development server so things like what you described can happen. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This one 81.132.8.25 or 94.175.25.47?

• Like 1

gillmacca

Ok, got a bit further. I have entered my ip address and see the user selection window, but can't seem to select the user. I would have thought highlighting and pressing enter would do it

simono5

Ok, got a bit further. I have entered my ip address and see the user selection window, but can't seem to select the user. I would have thought highlighting and pressing enter would do it

I've got exactly the same issue, entered the server details and got passed to the user selection screen.  Selecting on either of my two users doesn't do anything.

No worries mate. Not a priority for you I'm sure, so no rush and thanks.

Ok that's old - I mean the one from this thread (now permanent) : 173.230.139.54

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/

LOL... had no idea about the new install page. Not very forum literate I'm afraid. Cheers for the link. It cleared up a few things for me.

All the best :)

• Like 1

chessdragon136

I've got exactly the same issue, entered the server details and got passed to the user selection screen.  Selecting on either of my two users doesn't do anything.

Quick theory I've had, do your user names have a space or special character in them?

chessdragon136

Does the user selection screen load up fully -> are you able to navigate between users - does it "freeze" after selecting a user? Or can you not get that far

simono5

Does the user selection screen load up fully -> are you able to navigate between users - does it "freeze" after selecting a user? Or can you not get that far

I'm able to navigate between the two.  Pressing enter doesn't appear to freeze the app as I can continue switching.

Basically on selecting 'enter' nothing happens.  Simply stuck on that screen.

chessdragon136

Ok so the issue is happening once the user is selected but doesn't lock up the screen navigation.

Can you please press the BLUE button and then on the server page press the YELLOW button - If the app does not close automatically can you please do directly after pressing the button. What this does is to delete the settings file on the TV. Then load the app, add the server details, login and see if it works..

Everyone else, please do not try this unless I or another developer request it.