Custom version (0.517)

im85288

im85288

Thanks to @@chessdragon136 for sharing his code on Github and coinciding with me getting a Samsung TV I installed the app (which is great) and made a few changes that I thought I would share if anyone wanted to try them.

I have no idea if the install will work from outside my network but hopefully it will! IP Address for now is: (Chess Edit - Use Chess's IP!)

Github Location: https://github.com/im85288/MediaBrowser.SamsungUnofficial

Just to be clear, my intentions are not to maintain this app, it is already really good as it is :)

The changes in this version are:

1. Use Thumb images on home screen (In Progress/Next Up)
  2. Use Series Poster in item details view for episodes and same size logo as Movies
  3. Slightly smaller star
  4. Left aligned and blue highlight second line on a few screens
  5. Remove limit on number of Next Up
  6. Set the quality of images to 90% and limited API calls to return one image per type

There may well be bugs as I first looked at this yesterday. I could not really take screenshots so came up with this:

ptkLZOw.jpg?1

WcE88FK.jpg?1

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 4

chessdragon136

Yay - This makes me happy! 

I can't confirm the server as I am not at home (not at home much these days thats my main problem!)

If you're interested, can you PM me your github details and I can add you with permissions. 

Also, re the changes, I like - Although regarding the image changes, could you perhaps consider making them options once you've got to know the code better? Or if you do upload to github then i may move it there myself its not a difficult job. 

If you need any assistance do let me know :) PM is usually best as i'll get the email. 

Thank you.

im85288

Yay - This makes me happy! 

I can't confirm the server as I am not at home (not at home much these days thats my main problem!)

If you're interested, can you PM me your github details and I can add you with permissions. 

Also, re the changes, I like - Although regarding the image changes, could you perhaps consider making them options once you've got to know the code better? Or if you do upload to github then i may move it there myself its not a difficult job. 

If you need any assistance do let me know :) PM is usually best as i'll get the email. 

Thank you.

Great, I'm glad you approve :) I do not think the package is working externally so I could do with some assistance getting it hosted somewhere (I seen you posted about this recently). As far as I can see it needs a few files in the root of an apache server (or similar) with a static ip address...perhaps @@Luke could let us host it on a media browser address? 

For now here's a link to the zip file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4689286/MediaBrowser3_0.517_Europe_20150101.zip 

chessdragon136

Link is broken - 404 - Once you provide a link I'll set it up on my web server

Also, I've added you as a collaborator to my github - feel free to make changes directly to the master

chessdragon136

Thanks, although can you please include the generated widgetlist.xml that is created in releases as well please - Its required for hosting and not the easiest thing to generate :)

Edit: I've also hosted the new version on my system - I wont be able to test on real devices for a while given my situation but with such minor changes if it works in emulator I'm happy to push out - @@Luke can you please make @@im85288 a moderator for the forum please so he can update new release info..

Edited by chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Thanks - BTW if you're unaware when you make versions to host for external use you need to use your external IP address - you can change this in the SDK preferences Server tab within Eclipse (or just manually edit the widgetlist.xml file)

DrWatson

Not sure what has happened but i updated the app and now it shows me the loading screen (which appears to hang for a little bit then the spinner starts) then i get a blank screen. Nothing in the server logs i can see. All other apps i have still connect. Is there a way to get logs from the samsung tv? Tv is a UA75H6400 it was working perfectly with the prev version.

Edit : Sorted now it was hanging up on popping the server connect details page (which appeared after i updated again and switched off power to the tv). Not sure why it happened at all.

Edited by DrWatson

CBers

Thanks to @@chessdragon136 for sharing his code on Github and coinciding with me getting a Samsung TV I installed the app (which is great) and made a few changes that I thought I would share if anyone wanted to try them.

I have no idea if the install will work from outside my network but hopefully it will! IP Address for now is: 81.132.8.25

Github Location: https://github.com/im85288/MediaBrowser.SamsungUnofficial

Just to be clear, my intentions are not to maintain this app, it is already really good as it is :)

The changes in this version are:

• Use Thumb images on home screen (In Progress/Next Up)
  • Use Series Poster in item details view for episodes and same size logo as Movies
  • Slightly smaller star
  • Left aligned and blue highlight second line on a few screens
  • Remove limit on number of Next Up
  • Set the quality of images to 90% and limited API calls to return one image per type
There may well be bugs as I first looked at this yesterday.

Great work @@im85288.

I was going to try and look at the source myself, but got stuck after installing the SDK :(

Quick question though. Are we using your IP address (81.132.8.25) or Chess's (94.175.25.47)?

Edit: Just used Chess's IP address to update.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

im85288

Great work @@im85288.

I was going to try and look at the source myself, but got stuck after installing the SDK :(

Quick question though. Are we using your IP address (81.132.8.25) or Chess's (94.175.25.47)?

Edit: Just used Chess's IP address to update.

Yes, please use Chess's IP address. Ideally now that the app is open source I think it should become a community app and be hosted by MediaBrowser. I did ask @@Luke for his opinion on this and await his answer.

If your up to getting your hands dirty I am willing to give you any assistance I can. I know the API for MediaBrowser etc but really do not have the time to look after this app along with Kodi/Roku etc.

• Like 1

im85288

v0.517b Released to fix some minor coding issues 

Cool, I'll submit a pull request on your github shortly. 

EDIT - I noticed you have included my changes already :) Cheers

Edited by im85288

chessdragon136

@@im85288 - Just to add I''ve already updated my github so no need to request, just wanted to get the fix in asap - basically need to catch undefined issues

Also removed the playedpercentage from the image generation as its currently always hidden under the text - long term its best to move the text up and use it or resize the image.

• Like 1

CBers

If your up to getting your hands dirty I am willing to give you any assistance I can. I know the API for MediaBrowser etc but really do not have the time to look after this app along with Kodi/Roku etc.

I'd like to, if only for my own use and knowledge.

I'll get the SDK set up over the weekend.

Thanks.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

v0.517c Released

• Added playedpercentage to the image generation and moved displayed text to accommodate this.

54a8169ca18d9_Capture1.png

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2