Custom version (0.517)

im85288

im85288

I just tested 517c and there are a few things I feel have took a step back:

1. TV Next Up is back to using the TV images and not Series Thumb images.

2. The inconsitency with episode/season naming is back..so for example on Resume all items you'll see S02E01 (which is a change I made to be consistent throughout and also in the info section..but on Next Up it has returned too something like S2,E1.

3, The label on resume all items seems to have moved up from the bottom making it look strange IMO

Anyway, I guess all of these are personal taste issues.

sKMuvrQ.jpg

• Like 1

chessdragon136

I just tested 517c and there are a few things I feel have took a step back:

1. TV Next Up is back to using the TV images and not Series Thumb images.

2. The inconsitency with episode/season naming is back..so for example on Resume all items you'll see S02E01 (which is a change I made to be consistent throughout and also in the info section..but on Next Up it has returned too something like S2,E1.

3, The label on resume all items seems to have moved up from the bottom making it look strange IMO

Not at all, I agree with you on this, it just wasn't implemented in quite right as you has something like the below, which counts undefined as true in JS, so for me who has no thumb images it wasn't displaying anything..

The title changes as well you've only implemented in your new code (title2) and left the others as just title rather than throughout the function:

As for the space, there should be the green progress bar underneath as per the films - not sure what that is about yet.

Array[index].SeriesThumbImageTag != ""

54a8244f453eb_Capture1.png

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Possibly off topic here, but why does the "&AddPlayedIndicator=true" add a black transparent bar overlapping the bottom of the image?

@Luke 

54a82babeebe2_Capture1.png

Possibly off topic here, but why does the "&AddPlayedIndicator=true" add a black transparent bar overlapping the bottom of the image?

@Luke 

That's the progress bar, no?

chessdragon136

it doesn't. maybe you also requested percent played at the same time?

I just went and checked - removing the AddPlayedIndicator parameter removes the bar...

54a83480c0209_Capture1.png

Edited by chessdragon136

im85288

Not at all, I agree with you on this, it just wasn't implemented in quite right as you has something like the below, which counts undefined as true in JS, so for me who has no thumb images it wasn't displaying anything..

The title changes as well you've only implemented in your new code (title2) and left the others as just title rather than throughout the function:

As for the space, there should be the green progress bar underneath as per the films - not sure what that is about yet.

Array[index].SeriesThumbImageTag != ""

54a8244f453eb_Capture1.png

Ah yes, with the title change I was not sure everyone would like it so left in the original title just in case.

What I was trying to here: Array[index].SeriesThumbImageTag != "" was only use the SeriesThumbImageTag when available...when I used the code you showed above it was never true so always used the primary image.

@Luke 

This is something i also noticed a while back..not a nice side effect of using indicators :(

Incidentally. I did mess around with the play indicator but it always looked too big! I guess the main issue here is the app runs in 960x540 resolution. 

chessdragon136

Ah yes, with the title change I was not sure everyone would like it so left in the original title just in case.

What I was trying to here: Array[index].SeriesThumbImageTag != "" was only use the SeriesThumbImageTag when available...when I used the code you showed above it was never true so always used the primary image.

I'm currently just functioning off the title generation so the code isn't repeated and in the future the display can be optional - I prefer 1x05, some like S01E12. MB3 is S1,E12...

And the latter just needs to be like if (SeriesThumbImageTag) {...} - That works fine and I've just tested in emulator (Not at home so no real device to test on)

• Like 1

CBers

So where are we with v0.517 please?

We seem to have taken 2 steps forward but the 2 steps backwards.

What's still in the 517c version that was in Ian's v0.517 version?

I'm a bit lost :)

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

im85288

I "think" @@chessdragon136 is adding back the series thumb images for next up and consolidating the display of episode numbers etc. 

It would be good to hear feedback from users on what features I added that they liked/disliked. This way we know what areas to concentrate on.

chessdragon136

I've just pushed out v0.517d which does everything said by the above (I think, it works for me, screen below)

Can people feedback on the progress bar on resume items - the screenshot below should be for reference (the bar is under the title details

54a946b4a8881_Capture.png

54a9472cd2a39_Capture.png

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1

CBers

It's the same with the Android app WRT images.

There are episode thumbs on Next Up, but TV Series images on New.

I like the blue text.

I like the removal of limits in Next Up.

Can't see progress bar on Resumable items, but not a biggie for me.

All in all, good updates.

chessdragon136

Ok as this is in relation to v0.517 lets have a discussion here regarding

1. For each media type and view type, what is the priority of images to display when available, taking into account the portrait / landscape of the view.
  2. Episode naming conventions - List the common ones and I'll make sure its an option in the settings now its functioned off
  3. Limits on returned items - Should I just remove all limits or what? This applies to new tv, new movies, next up, latest, everything except actually viewing content. Removal of limits will slow down the system (negligible)

As a side note, the resumable bar not displaying - Can you browse to that item in the web browser and see if it shows the resumable bar there? 

CBers

2. I have no preference over episode naming - whatever fits.

3. I'd like to see no limits within reason, or a minimum of 30 items.

Progress Bar shows in web client.

An old bug, but still seeing movies mixed in with TV shows in TV/Latest page.

im85288

1. For each media type and view type, what is the priority of images to display when available, taking into account the portrait / landscape of the view.
  2. Episode naming conventions - List the common ones and I'll make sure its an option in the settings now its functioned off
  3. Limits on returned items - Should I just remove all limits or what? This applies to new tv, new movies, next up, latest, everything except actually viewing content. Removal of limits will slow down the system (negligible)

As a side note, the resumable bar not displaying - Can you browse to that item in the web browser and see if it shows the resumable bar there? 

I have yet to try the new version but will do later on and provide feedback.

1. Personally I love Thumbs...I think they provide an instant way to identify the TV Show/Movie without needing to overlay the title..this is obviously only for landscape view. In fact I would make the home screen landscape only now that Movie Thumbs are readily available.

2. I do prefer S01E01 and do not mind S01xE01 but have to admit to not liking S1,E1 at all

3. I would remove all limits...there were some changes made to the server a couple of months back to limit the number of returned image types to 1 (which I added here) and I think that more than makes up for any limit needed for performance reasons.

i would use S1, E1.

Or if you have the space, S1, Ep. 1 

I borrowed that netflix and obviously they have done their research from a usability standpoint. Also since there's an extra set of hands, I think now would be the time to look at using core resources as much as you can. So we do have javascript api libraries available that will help quite a bit, particularly when it comes to connect if you end up supporting that

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.ApiClient.Javascript

A couple months ago we explored yahoo connected tv. we ended up scrapping it, but we were able to make the core scripts usable through some basic adaptations

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Yctv/tree/master/Contents/Javascript/core

Since apiclient depends on jquery ajax, and since jquery throws errors trying to load in this environment, we mocked it in mbjquery.js and were able to use the core libraries successfully.

chessdragon136

v0.517e Released, thanks to efforts by @@DrWatson

• Fixed Latest TV
  • Added Unwatched to TV view
  • Changed from Green highlighters to Blue
  • Changed Tick Icon 

Luke -> That's a lot of work and will require a lot of thinking before even attempting - Are there any JavaScript examples with jQuery -> Github just links to Java. And does your mocked mbjquery remove all networking elements, i just tried to load it in a new project and it wasnt having any of it (granted this is a 5 min look, may be me but it looks similar to loading jquery externally) 

• Like 2

im85288

Nice, just tried v0.517e and really like the changes..the blue highlighter makes a big difference. The only thing I noticed was for The Series Thumb Images the Title is being displayed on the overlay whereas it is not on the Movie Thumb Images. I think it shouldn't be displayed at all as the image shows enough.

Good stuff @@DrWatson :)

chessdragon136

Nice, just tried v0.517e and really like the changes..the blue highlighter makes a big difference. The only thing I noticed was for The Series Thumb Images the Title is being displayed on the overlay whereas it is not on the Movie Thumb Images. I think it shouldn't be displayed at all as the image shows enough.

Good stuff @@DrWatson :)

The issue with that though is that you don't know what episode it is - the thumb only shows the show... Thoughts?

grimfandango

• For each media type and view type, what is the priority of images to display when available, taking into account the portrait / landscape of the view.
  • Episode naming conventions - List the common ones and I'll make sure its an option in the settings now its functioned off
  • Limits on returned items - Should I just remove all limits or what? This applies to new tv, new movies, next up, latest, everything except actually viewing content. Removal of limits will slow down the system (negligible)
I would like to start by saying thank you to everyone who is involved in creating/improving this app I am loving testing it on my new ue55hu8500. I also run xbmb3c on a couple of nuc's so it is nice to keep the Samsung in the same mb3 ecosystem.

1. I am easy when it comes to view's but if I had to make a choice then thumb's it would be.

2. Episode naming S01E02 (but again I can live with what ever the final choice is).

3. Returned items, I probably don't need more than 10

The thing I would like is an option to direct stream only as some items transcoded that should not need to.

Thanks again for everyone's hard work on this and other mb3 players

Regards

Liam

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by grimfandango