Custom version (0.517)

im85288

im85288

The issue with that though is that you don't know what episode it is - the thumb only shows the show... Thoughts?

I guess a picture is best to describe what I mean, the bottom line is fine with the episode title and number etc, it's the top one I don't think is needed when it uses the Thumb images.

EDIT - btw I just noticed it says v0517d at the bottom so this could be an older version...though I thought I installed the latest :)

zYg1CTM.jpg

Edited by im85288

chessdragon136

Ok I get you, so like this (Note, coded so that if thumb, dont display show name, if other image type show show name):

54a9850344543_Capture.png

• Like 1

CBers

I guess a picture is best to describe what I mean, the bottom line is fine with the episode title and number etc, it's the top one I don't think is needed when it uses the Thumb images.

EDIT - btw I just noticed it says v0517d at the bottom so this could be an older version...though I thought I installed the latest :)

zYg1CTM.jpg

That's currently the same as the web client shows.

The Android app shows the same, but the lines are switched.

Edited by CBers

FrostByte

Just updated now and I'm only seeing v517d also, not e.  Progress bar on episodes and movies are both working for me after the update.

CBers

v0.517d here as well. Probably just a mistake in a file as previously.

Changes look good.

Would still like to see air-date displayed in episode information.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

CBers

Pressing left or right in episode doesn't move to previous or next episode as it used to.

Not been functioning for several releases, but thought I flag it again :)

chessdragon136

Pressing left or right in episode doesn't move to previous or next episode as it used to.

Not been functioning for several releases, but thought I flag it again :)

Ok slightly off the topic for version 0.517 but 0.517f has been released to fix this issue (i think)

• Like 1

CBers

Ok slightly off the topic for version 0.517 but 0.517f has been released to fix this issue (i think)

True, but just wanted to flag it up again.

Thanks Chess, that's seems to be working fine.

Edited by CBers

im85288

Version 0.517g is ready and hopefully soon will be hosted on the MediaBrowser servers. Once I have confirmation it has worked correctly the IP Address for install will be: 173.230.139.54

For now though here's a list of changes I included:

1. Use splash screen background on server and user pages

2. Use random background fanart throughout (so when viewing movies/tv shows etc the background will be a random one selected from all the backgrounds for that type that is available and may be different each time you select the item.

3. Show DiscArt for Movies in Item Info.

4. Added option in settings for showing an Alternative (S01E01 format) Season/Episode Label format.

5. Remove title from being shown on Thumb images on Homescreen.

@@chessdragon136 - changes are pushed to GIT

@@CBers - things like the plot in the info are most likely possible, but personally I do not feel it needs to be there. However you can always add it by submitting a pull request on the Github: https://github.com/ChessDragon136/MediaBrowser.SamsungUnofficial assuring you also add it as an option in the settings (see recent addition of SeasonLabel for an example of adding a config setting)

Some screenshots  

Ch3yT7x.jpg?1

cdyh0Nu.jpg

OUzzELw.jpg?1

Z8KMLhb.jpg?1

Edited by im85288
  • Like 2

chessdragon136

Amazing :) I do need to re-write the settings system at some point, at the moment as you no doubt saw it is a mess! 

What do you plan to focus on next?

P.S - Why don't you take screenshots from the emulator? Saves a bit of hassle

P.S 2 - Just copied files to host on my server

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 1

CBers

Looks very nice Ian.

Might be a while before I get to making changes!

When will package be hosted on MB3 servers as will need to change IP address on TV?

im85288

Amazing :) I do need to re-write the settings system at some point, at the moment as you no doubt saw it is a mess!

What do you plan to focus on next?

P.S - Why don't you take screenshots from the emulator? Saves a bit of hassle

P.S 2 - Just copied files to host on my server

Yeah I like the background changes especially, tbh I have no real plan I just had it in mind to put the discart in along with different backgrounds and of course needed the season/episode label back to a format I could tolerate :)

As for screenshots with the emulator, I haven't installed it yet! Do all the testing on the tv currently!

Looks very nice Ian.

Might be a while before I get to making changes!

When will package be hosted on MB3 servers as will need to change IP address on TV?

Its work in progress, I'm waiting on @@bigjohn to do some magic and then the IP address I listed above will become the host going forward. Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

My biggest issue was as the sole dev I only have my own library to test and play with - As i don't have thumbs or disc images I never thought to add them in! So all your changes for me I don't even notice, but I definitely agree with it!

As for going forward, I'm still recovering and its quite hard for me to really get back so I'm probably just going to bug fix / add small features, and probably redo settings - I've tinkered with channels and live tv, if you enable them in Main.js you should see what I've done, basic but functional i think so if you want to concentrate there that's good 

Hosting wise, Given the hosting is the official MB3 site, I assume we shouldn't push out each and every new version out to it - more that we host known stable versions there and use either mine or set yours up as a dev server? Make sense?

crashkelly

Just wanted to jump in and thank all for the work and say that the app is awesome.

Cheers

CrashKelly

• Like 1

im85288

Actually, got it done with my phone (I think) so check and see if it works @@im85288

Thanks @@bigjohn I'm away from home at the minute but it looks like it worked first time! Good job :)

Edited by im85288

CBers

WRT latest release (v0.517g).

Not sure I like half-a-disc popping out of a poster :)

I'd still like to see TV show name on posters, as some posters either don't have the show name on, or in a case of one of my show, the name of the show is obscured by the episode details.

Not a consequence of this release, but when returning to the home screen,the last seen background is used instead of a new random one.

im85288

WRT latest release (v0.517g).

Not sure I like half-a-disc popping out of a poster :)

I'd still like to see TV show name on posters, as some posters either don't have the show name on, or in a case of one of my show, the name of the show is obscured by the episode details.

Not a consequence of this release, but when returning to the home screen,the last seen background is used instead of a new random one.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure the disc art can be added as an option in the settings..or were you thinking of placing it elsewhere? I was thinking of maybe showing the clear art image somewhere when viewing a tv show..but haven't thought of anywhere good to place it.

I don't agree with tv show name on posters or series thumb but haven't changed anything (purposely) with regards posters...

Yes I noticed the background is retained (it was how I first noticed it was always using the same background image for tv shows), personally I think it's a nice side effect..but probably an easy fix if need be.

im85288

My biggest issue was as the sole dev I only have my own library to test and play with - As i don't have thumbs or disc images I never thought to add them in! So all your changes for me I don't even notice, but I definitely agree with it!

As for going forward, I'm still recovering and its quite hard for me to really get back so I'm probably just going to bug fix / add small features, and probably redo settings - I've tinkered with channels and live tv, if you enable them in Main.js you should see what I've done, basic but functional i think so if you want to concentrate there that's good 

Hosting wise, Given the hosting is the official MB3 site, I assume we shouldn't push out each and every new version out to it - more that we host known stable versions there and use either mine or set yours up as a dev server? Make sense?

I'm most likely going to do similar, although this is a really nice client and if I did not have so many other devices it could have been my main one my priority will always be the Kodi client and my Kodi skin. Having said that I may look into the channels part as that's a nice area to have in and I haven't played with music in this app yet either so may tinker there. LiveTV is something I would like but there's no live TV backend for my environment (TVHeadEnd) so it would be the last place I looked into.

As for hosting on MB3 site, I guess it depends on how often releases are made. I think if we just make sure to agree to push to github first and then publish a release everyone will be up to date with the latest and greatest. Then if there is a problem found, one of us should be able to step in if needed. But I'm open to any release structure you would like to follow.

CBers

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure the disc art can be added as an option in the settings..or were you thinking of placing it elsewhere? I was thinking of maybe showing the clear art image somewhere when viewing a tv show..but haven't thought of anywhere good to place it.

I don't agree with tv show name on posters or series thumb but haven't changed anything (purposely) with regards posters...

I guess an animated disk isn't possible like with other clients ?

I'll have to find another thumb for that show ;)

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Yes I noticed the background is retained (it was how I first noticed it was always using the same background image for tv shows), personally I think it's a nice side effect..but probably an easy fix if need be.

I had left it like that on purpose as I did like it, but if you do want a random image every time I can fix it tonight as its a warped bit of code..

If you're interested in a project for the future for Samsung look into the Tizen framework - Samsung announced recently that their TV's from 2015 will run it, so MB3 will need to do it some point.. But back to the now, I don't have any Live TV system either, which does make it difficult to program for! Channels are almost ready to go, when you can do enable it and play. Was written about 6 months ago so may need some updating..

Regarding releasing, I've fallen into the bad habit that I push out updates rather frequently to dix minor issues, although in a few weeks I'd like to think that many of those could be ironed out and can fit into a more regular release schedule..

• Like 1

SamES

Thanks @@im85288 for continuing the great work started by @@chessdragon136, and glad to see that you're still around chess and keeping up with the progress.

Before the UI rewrite, music playback was looking really good.  I think it's currently disabled, but it would be great to see it working again in the future.  Not sure if that's a big task, but it looked pretty close from my recollection, and much better than any existing Samsung TV based music app.

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1