Gamebrowser Guide

shaefurr

Emby Theater is available on more OSes than just Windows.  You could give this a try.
https://emby.media/emby-theater-macos.html

I don't use Gamebrowser other than a test setup so I'm not sure exactly what client platforms are supported.

Carlo

samuelqwe
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, cayars said:

Emby Theater is available on more OSes than just Windows.  You could give this a try.
https://emby.media/emby-theater-macos.html

I don't use Gamebrowser other than a test setup so I'm not sure exactly what client platforms are supported.

Carlo

The Emby app for macOS is basically just a ported version of the iOS app. It doesn't have any support for external players or GameBrowser, as far as I can tell.

Edited by samuelqwe

sundevil67
22 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

The Emby app for macOS is basically just a ported version of the iOS app. It doesn't have any support for external players or GameBrowser, as far as I can tell.

Thanks - so if I am hearing all of this right, there is a Mac version of Theater (thanks @cayars, I don't know why I couldn't find that, but I sure couldn't - only links to the Windows version from the Game Browser documentation.. which may be a sorta subtle way of saying what @samuelqwewas alluding to... but no one is saying for sure that it doesn't work with Mac OS, so I guess there's nothing to lose by giving it a try... It would be a nice way to store & organize all of my ROMs which have gotten a little all over the place. If anyone knows for sure this won't work, please don't be afraid to chime in & save me the effort!

Currently only Emby Theater for Windows and Linux support it via launching external players, but over time we'll support it on more platforms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sundevil67

I suppose then it could run on other platforms as a cataloging tool to display & organize a game collection without any connection to emulators... I've been trying to figure out where the most value is, but like the folder sync plugin we were discussing the other day, it's feeling a little like a partial solution in search of a problem. It looks like I won't have a chance to explore it further however, as I've just learned that I can't run that version of Emby's personal client on my version of Mac OS anyway. Once I have a new Mac Mini in the budget, I'll be able to test it out, though that budget will come from a new full-time work schedule that'll eliminate the free time required... ;<)

I was hoping to cobble together a portable user-friendly retro gaming system with the Fire Stick, with Emby as the front-end, but for this & some other reasons it looks like it makes more sense to go another way. Thanks again for taking the time to discuss!

11 hours ago, Luke said:

Currently only Emby Theater for Windows and Linux support it via launching external players, but over time we'll support it on more platforms.

• 1 month later...
yoyo77yo

Hello i would like to kwow if i can play on wan ? 

Emby is on synology server and if i' am not at home, i would like play games but not with lan : with WAN

I don't think location matters.  You just need to have the setup in place as described in the guide.