Psythology

@Luke are they not one argument per line? i don't understand, sorry

if you cant see my image here is my parameters

-nogui
-bios "E:\Emulator\eSPXe\bios\scph1001.bin"
{PATH}

Parameters.png.45e8a7be26a6069103db91a6ad01099b.png

Psythology

@luke thank you so much i did what you said and tried moving the bios line to the next one and removing speech marks worked 

Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...
TotalInsanity4
On 27/05/2020 at 15:08, Arturito said:

Hey @@TotalInsanity4, have you figured it out yet? cuz i think me and you we are in the same position, i've managed to work through the code knowing like 1% of c# and got pretty good results like supporting more extensions to te plataform adding others like switch and 3ds, but the real challenge was to add x360 and ps3 games, cuz mine are all extracted from iso's so i did some rules when searching files for this plataform, for x360 if the extension is .xex it compare strings of the found .xex file and only add it if it match string with "default.xex", same for PS3 if the string is .BIN, it has to match file name of "EBOOT.BIN" that is the executable of PS3, otherwise my library gets full of game files with extension .bin and .xex
If someone would like the .dll file for the modified plugin to see if it works for you guys i'll be attaching here.

Hey-o, I only just logged back on finally, but if you wanted to upload that .dll I'd be up for testing it out

• 2 weeks later...
MacroMars

Hi there,

I try to setup the Gamebrowser (3.2.5.0) on my new Emby Server (4.5.0.50). I've installed the Emby Theatre (3.0.11) and set Project64.exe (2.3.2.202) as a external player and type {path} for cmd arguments (see picture1).

When I try to start a game, I see a empty "core or program error" of Project64.exe (see picture2).

When I type the path to a rom file directly into the cmd arguments field (see picture3), Project64.exe starts without problems (but only this one game of course).

Can anyone tell me, why the {path} variable doesn't work?

Thank you for your support.

Picture1:

picture1.png

Picture2:

picture2.png

Picture3:

picture3.png

Edited by MacroMars

On 9/27/2020 at 6:26 AM, MacroMars said:

Hi there,

I try to setup the Gamebrowser (3.2.5.0) on my new Emby Server (4.5.0.50). I've installed the Emby Theatre (3.0.11) and set Project64.exe (2.3.2.202) as a external player and type {path} for cmd arguments (see picture1).

When I try to start a game, I see a empty "core or program error" of Project64.exe (see picture2).

When I type the path to a rom file directly into the cmd arguments field (see picture3), Project64.exe starts without problems (but only this one game of course).

Can anyone tell me, why the {path} variable doesn't work?

Thank you for your support.

Picture1:

picture1.png

Picture2:

picture2.png

Picture3:

picture3.png

Hi there, have you researched the required command line arguments for project 64?

MacroMars

I did a little research. I think there a no other command line arguments beside the ROM. Everything else have to configure in the options menu. Besides, it wouldn't work in example three, I think.

Edited by MacroMars

Then i would just do {path}. It's probably passing in a url to the rom due to emby theater not having direct access to the file. And i'm guessing project 64 probably doesn't support using a url. if you can configure that with optional network paths in the server, which @cayars can link you to help on, then it will pass the direct file path.

In a nutshell outside of Emby on your server or NAS you setup a shared location that can be accessed by another computer/user on your network.  You will want to make sure the share is at least read only for "everyone" or "guests".

You would test this share on another computer using it's UNC path such as \\SERVER-NAME\Share-Name. This could look something like \\WDNAS\Games on your system.

Once you have a working share setup and tested you edit your Gaming Library in Emby to use the UNC path setup.  This could be the mount point itself or you can add this in the Optional Network Paths field.

You may wish to take a look at this knowledge base article on optional network paths https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159320-optional-network-paths
The article isn't specific to games but shows how you would modify any library in Emby to use the UNC path which is what is needed here.

Let us know if you have any questions on this.

• 2 weeks later...
MacroMars

Sorry for the late reply. I was a little busy in the last two weeks. But here I am. 🙂

For the Library I have set the mountpoint with the optional UNC-Path. Admittedly I use the IP-Address instead of the servername. Now it works!

Thank You very much for your help 🙂

Ehm, I have one more little question: In the PlugIn-Menue for the gamebrowser I have set my credentials for the metadata provider EmuMovies but no metadata was downloaded. Do I have something more to do to make it work?

MacroMars

Glad you got this working with the UNC paths.

I've not used that plugin you mentioned so I can't help with that.  But have you taken a look at the log to see if any errors or hints are there about the plugin?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dannyx12 said:

in emby theater there isnt an option to select external player it doesnt exist

Hi, sure it does exist. Where are you looking? What version of the app do you have installed?

My bad, forgot it's in a different location then on Android. :(

@Dannyx12 look for this in the Emby Theater Menu, not in Playback.

image.thumb.png.68d5e34f946bb150f043dc02ed668b5f.png

On 10/24/2020 at 5:14 PM, Dannyx12 said:

thanks also is there away to add 3ds games

Hi, does GameBrowser list it as a system that you can add?

• 1 month later...
joshhuggins

Are Windows and DOS games still supported with Emby Theater and Game Browser? I am trying to launch an EXE or BAT file but can't find a way to do it. Anyone have Game Browser working to launch either file type? Thanks for any ideas.

16 hours ago, joshhuggins said:

Are Windows and DOS games still supported with Emby Theater and Game Browser? I am trying to launch an EXE or BAT file but can't find a way to do it. Anyone have Game Browser working to launch either file type? Thanks for any ideas.

Hi, we haven't yet added support for this in Emby Theater.

patrck269
On 11/28/2020 at 1:30 AM, joshhuggins said:

Okey dokey, the quest continues! Thanks Luke!

Hello,

I just ran into the same issue that you did and was able to solve it by using PowerShell as an "External player" to launch windows games.

Let me break down how I did it:

1. First off, configure the windows platform for the game library.

2. Open the external players dialog in Emby theater and add new player:

Media Type: Game

Player Path: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

Game system: Windows

Command line arguments: Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock ([ScriptBlock]::Create((Get-Content '{path}')))

3. Go into the folder containing the game's executable file that you with to play and add a file called game.gbwin (make sure it doesn't have any further file extensions, eg. game.gbwin.txt)

4. Open game.gbwin in your text editor of choice and enter this into game.gbwin

cd "PATH_TO_DIRECTORY_THAT_EXE_IS_IN" ; powershell .\EXE_NAME.exe

5. Replace PATH_TO_DIRECTORY_THAT_EXE_IS_IN with the path to the directory containing the game's .exe 

Note: While I have only tested this with the game.gbwin file in the directory that contains the game's executable, this should theoretically allow the game.gbwin file to be located in a separate place from the game's executable

6. Replace EXE_NAME with the filename of the .exe file that launches the game.

7. Save and exit file

Congrats and enjoy playing your game! Please let me know if you have any questions.