Fedora/CentOS (RPM)

Luke

altramarine

No, it just means the cent OS package might still be in process of being rolled out.

Gotcha, thanks for the follow up:)

Cheers!

Gotcha, thanks for the follow up:)

Cheers!

The repo should be updated by now. If you still "don't see" the update please clean yum cache and try again:

$ sudo yum clean all

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

altramarine

The repo should be updated by now. If you still "don't see" the update please clean yum cache and try again:

$ sudo yum clean all

Cheers

Thank you, that did it!

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I'm trying to install emby-server on Fedora 25 from the emby repo but I get this error...

Error: nothing provides mono-wcf >= 4.4.2.11 needed by emby-server-3.0.8500-6.1.x86_64

(try to add '--allowerasing' to command line to replace conflicting packages)

Adding the --allowerasing option returns the same error without the --allowerasing suggestion.

I checked Fedora's mono-wcf installation and it returns...

mono-wcf.x86_64                        4.4.2-1.fc25                    @fedora  

Is the problem caused by mono having a '-1.fc25' version rather than just the '.11'?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

trifleneurotic

Hi Tom-

(You may have already solved this...)

I'm running the newest version of Emby on Fedora 21 (old but it gets you there!)

I can tell you how I installed it - I basically did a manual installation of Emby after installing mono-devel and mono-wcf.

If you want to do it that way, I'd first add the repos then use dnf to install both packages. You could also manually install the Fedora 25 mono RPMs you need.

I don't know if I can directly answer your question though. I am not sure if installing from the emby repo installs mono-wcf by default but it doesn't look like it. If that is true, then it looks like the version you have of mono-wcf is perhaps too old. You could remove it and then reinstall mono-wcf using instructions above.

• Like 1

dcrdev

I updated to the latest version of the package this morning and I can no longer get emby to start. I believe there may be some changes that have been made to the startup script.

There are a number of issues with the script at the moment, the most vissible issue being that it tries to create emby-server.log and emby-server.pid under /var/log and /var/run; this is problematic because a non root user can't create files in those directories. I believe before the update the script was creating those files under emby/ sub-directories that were in turn owned by the emby user.

Those issues aside if I modify the startup script to place those files inside an emby owned directory, I no longer receive any error messages but emby doesn't start. The script appears to be running from the terminal, but if I start the script via a systemd unit it returns exit status of 122 within seconds.

Any ideas? When I get home tomorrow - I'm going to run the startup script in debug mode to see whether that highlights any suppressed messages. If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss because emby-server.log gets created but is completely empty; I have also tried purging the core emby installation, uninstalling and then reinstalling - but this hasn't worked.

Also FYI I'm on F24 and haven't upgraded to F25 yet - but I believe you've said in the past you'll support the current version and the previous,

Hi landgazr,

thanks for the information, it set me in the right direction. I knew the problem was with Fedora's renaming of the mono version so based on what you said I did the following...

1. Install Fedora 25 and update.

2. Add emby repo:

sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/Fedora_25/home:emby.repo

3. Add mono repo and key.

sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo http://download.mono-project.com/repo/centos/

sudo rpm --import "http://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF"

4. Install mono-wcf

sudo dnf install mono-wcf

5. Install emby-server

sudo dnf install emby-server

6. Disable selinux

sudo setenforce 0

7. Start emby-server!

Next I want it working with selinux :-)

Cheers!

hurricanehrndz

Hi landgazr,

thanks for the information, it set me in the right direction. I knew the problem was with Fedora's renaming of the mono version so based on what you said I did the following...

1. Install Fedora 25 and update.

2. Add emby repo:

sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/Fedora_25/home:emby.repo

3. Add mono repo and key.

sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo http://download.mono-project.com/repo/centos/

sudo rpm --import "http://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF"

4. Install mono-wcf

sudo dnf install mono-wcf

5. Install emby-server

sudo dnf install emby-server

6. Disable selinux

sudo setenforce 0

7. Start emby-server!

Next I want it working with selinux :-)

Cheers!

We mirror mono on our repos.  Is dnf not able to find mono-wcf in our repos?

hurricanehrndz

NM I saw the issue, The packages were set not to publish. Thank you for reporting the issue. From now on mono-wcf should be found from our repo alone.

Hi hurricanehrndz,

all working now straight from the emby repo.

Cheers!

[t.ohara@@Localhost ~]$ sudo dnf install emby-server

emby's Home Project (Fedora_25)                                                                     218 kB/s |  85 kB     00:00    

Dependencies resolved.

====================================================================================================================================

Package                             Arch                      Version                           Repository                    Size

====================================================================================================================================

Installing:

emby-server                         x86_64                    3.0.8500-8.1                      home_emby                     11 M

embymagick                          x86_64                    6.9.6+6-7.1                       home_emby                    4.8 M

fftw-libs-double                    x86_64                    3.3.5-3.fc25                      fedora                       977 k

libembysqlite3-0                    x86_64                    3.15.0+1-7.1                      home_emby                    1.6 M

libgdiplus                          x86_64                    4.2-2.fc24                        fedora                       169 k

mono-core                           x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                     25 M

mono-data                           x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                    4.2 M

mono-data-sqlite                    x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                     73 k

mono-extras                         x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                    436 k

mono-mvc                            x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                    454 k

mono-wcf                            x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                    1.0 M

mono-web                            x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                    2.3 M

mono-winforms                       x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                    1.5 M

mono-winfxcore                      x86_64                    4.6.2.7-1.1                       home_emby                    277 k

Transaction Summary

Install  14 Packages

Total download size: 53 M

Installed size: 198 M

Is this ok [y/N]: y

dcrdev

Hi @@dcrdev is there any logging created in the normal emby server logs folder? Thanks.

I figured it out in the end - there were a couple of instances where the config files and scripts were not being overwritten via the package manager; instead they showed up as rpmsave files. I'm pretty sure it was the /etc/emby.conf file causing the issue here.

hurricanehrndz

I updated to the latest version of the package this morning and I can no longer get emby to start. I believe there may be some changes that have been made to the startup script.

There are a number of issues with the script at the moment, the most vissible issue being that it tries to create emby-server.log and emby-server.pid under /var/log and /var/run; this is problematic because a non root user can't create files in those directories. I believe before the update the script was creating those files under emby/ sub-directories that were in turn owned by the emby user.

Those issues aside if I modify the startup script to place those files inside an emby owned directory, I no longer receive any error messages but emby doesn't start. The script appears to be running from the terminal, but if I start the script via a systemd unit it returns exit status of 122 within seconds.

Any ideas? When I get home tomorrow - I'm going to run the startup script in debug mode to see whether that highlights any suppressed messages. If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss because emby-server.log gets created but is completely empty; I have also tried purging the core emby installation, uninstalling and then reinstalling - but this hasn't worked.

Also FYI I'm on F24 and haven't upgraded to F25 yet - but I believe you've said in the past you'll support the current version and the previous,

Thank you. You are correct. About the /var/log and /var/run.  The most up to date script should no longer use the "/var/log" whatsoever but "/var/run" for sure.

The service and emby-server should normally be executed as root and then su as user emby. How is it your running it? If you could provide ample feedback we would love to fix the issue.

dcrdev

Do you think we need to make an adjustment?

No I don't think so - in general this is how rpm is supposed to work; I just encountered some bizarre issues due to the mix of old/new scripts and configuration files. This only happens if the file is not bit-for-bit a copy of the file from the installed package - so for most users who don't fiddle with the files they will get updated as normal.

Thank you. You are correct. About the /var/log and /var/run.  The most up to date script should no longer use the "/var/log" whatsoever but "/var/run" for sure.

The service and emby-server should normally be executed as root and then su as user emby. How is it your running it? If you could provide ample feedback we would love to fix the issue.

Ah I knew emby used su but I thought it was the other way around - in the process of debugging the above issue I tried running emby-server.sh as the emby user and that would have caused the issue around permissions.

So yeah in summary there never was an issue with the package or scripts - just a quirk of the rpm package manager.  

Edited by dcrdev

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

the latest 3.1.2 emby-server package seems to be available for all distros except CentOS7 (still on 3.1.1). Is this an oversight or am I too impatient?

• 5 weeks later...
Error downloading packages:
  emby-server-3.1.5-15.1.x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Hello,

I'm on CentOS 7. Last good version of Emby was 3.1.2.0. I cannot update to the last one.

Something wrong with the build for this distro ?

Edited by Marcet

Did you try to clean yum cache and try again?

If not, try it and report back.

You can find how to clean yum cache a few posts back.

(28, 'Operation too slow. Less than 1000 bytes/sec transferred the last 30 seconds')

That's the reason of the failure :(

I'll play with yum params and retry. => I tried to disable yum-fastestmirror plugin, no success.

Edited by Marcet