OpenMediaVault

Luke

@@DeepQuasar, please see my post above. Also please note, that when you change the settings inside Emby, it only applies to new metadata going forward. it will not move existing metadata.

DeepQuasar

@@DeepQuasar, please see my post above. Also please note, that when you change the settings inside Emby, it only applies to new metadata going forward. it will not move existing metadata.

I had enabled this setting earlier the files keep getting moved into the config folder even with new content.

hoppel118

@@DeepQuasar Try this: http://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/11243-Emby-spielt-keine-Videos-ab-zeigt-keine-Bilder-an/?postID=96520#post96520

and show us the output of the following command:

ls -n /path/to/your/media/folder
We only need to see the "uid gid" and not all content of your folder. But the „uid gid“ should be the same for all of your media folders. The same values (at least the same gid) should be configured in your docker variables (APP_UID / APP_GID).

Greetings Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118

DeepQuasar

@@DeepQuasar Try this: http://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/11243-Emby-spielt-keine-Videos-ab-zeigt-keine-Bilder-an/?postID=96520#post96520

and show us the output of the following command:

ls -n /path/to/your/media/folder

I only need to see the "uid gid" and not all content of your folder. The same values should be configured in your docker variables (APP_UID / APP_GID).

Greetings Hoppel

I found out what the problem was every time I change my config to 1002 in modify emby kicks pack to 1000 permission. With all my other dockers I use ID 1002. Does emby need to use 1000 because everytime I change it to 1002 it changes back to 1000.

emby

config:drwxr-sr-x 1 1000 1000

media:drwxrwsr-x+ 1 1002 1002

Edited by DeepQuasar

hoppel118

Ok, so is the problem solved for you or do you think that there is a bug?

My media user has uid:1000 and gid:1000. I never had a problem with that configuration.

DeepQuasar

Ok, so is the problem solved for you or do you think that there is a bug?

My media user has uid:1000 and gid:1000. I never had a problem with that configuration.

No its not solved yet it might be a bug because I cant get the same permission for emby as my media share will try some more.

hoppel118

Only the uid or only the gid or both for which files or folders?

Please, show us a screenshot of your container config from the omv webui and the output of the following command:

ln -n /path/to/your/media/folder
Edited by hoppel118

DeepQuasar

Only the uid or only the gid or both for which files or folders?

Please, show us a screenshot of your container config from the omv webui and the output of the following command:

ln -n /path/to/your/media/folder

Here is a image of my docker config https://s2.postimg.org/lzetcvzx5/Docker_image.png

I tried using that command just kept getting hardlink not allowed. In the my config folder I need to change my permission to 1002 instead emby changes to 1000.  This is how the config permission output of emby is: drwxrwsr-x+ 1 1000 1000 

As an example with transmission docker this is the permission output: drwxrwsr-x+ 1 1002 1002.

DeepQuasar

I solved the issue now by getting the metadata into the media folders by using a different emby docker. It becomes a fundamental problem with the offical emby docker when 1000 is added as permission by default to both PUID & PGID. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is Emby capable of hardware transcoding (vaapi or intel quicksync) on OMV 3.x (based on Debian Jessie kernel) ?

Using native plugin or docker image ?

Thanks

Hi,

Is Emby capable of hardware transcoding (vaapi or intel quicksync) on OMV 3.x (based on Debian Jessie kernel) ?

Using native plugin or docker image ?

Thanks

@@mika91, our Docker image includes VAAPI.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Okay looking at installing Emby Server on my NAS running OMV and just wondered whats the best way to install it? Is it via the offical plugin, docker or by using the Debian DEB package, just wondering which would be my best bet.

Thanks.

What do you mean by ‘best bet’? All methods give you Emby. It’s not like betting on a horse race ;-) there is no ‘best’ way to install. There are just several options for you to choose.

Unless you mean the easiest? If you have OMV, the plugin via the web UI would be easiest to install/manage and ryecoaaron at OMV keeps the plugins nicely up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ellnic

I mean by in terms of performance and up-to-date'ness as yeah I was looking at the OMV-Extras way but does that get updated regularly or are the updates direct from Emby? 

-On a side note in OMV I have my HDD's set to spool down after 60min of inactivity just wondering Emby wont interfere with this will it and cause them to spool up randomly when nothing is requested just wondering as I have tested out Emby on my PC and I noticed there was an option to enable realtime mionitoring of my libary and this seems a cool feature if I enable it but any ideas if this would spool up my HDD's or prevent them from sleeping?

Edited by /Ky

The HDDs will spin up whenever something needs to access them, so don’t worry about that. That’s a system setting, not related to any app/service. They’ll always spin up whenever something requests data on them.

The OMV plugin is updated regularly. I wouldn’t worry about being left in the dust of the past. Unless a version increase drastically improves performance, there won’t be a different. Version 1 of Emby via OMV plugin will be the same as version 1 of Emby via official Emby repo, and version 2 will be the same etc. However, if you want updates literally as soon as the Emby guys release them (but you’re not looking at more than a day or so I would imagine) then use the Debian repo the Emby guys provide. But the last time I checked the OMV plugin was always close in tow.

Edited by ellnic

The HDDs will spin up whenever something needs to access them, so don’t worry about that. That’s a system setting, not related to any app/service. They’ll always spin up whenever something requests data on them.

The OMV plugin is updated regularly. I wouldn’t worry about being left in the dust of the past. Unless a version increase drastically improves performance, there won’t be a different. Version 1 of Emby via OMV plugin will be the same as version 1 of Emby via official Emby repo, and version 2 will be the same etc. However, if you want updates literally as soon as the Emby guys release them (but you’re not looking at more than a day or so I would imagine) then use the Debian repo the Emby guys provide. But the last time I checked the OMV plugin was always close in tow.

Thank you for the info :) I'll look at using the offical addon then and yeah I just didnt know if Emby had any services running that would spool up my drives randomly.

Anyone know what the omv plugin is based on? Can someone provide an emby server log? Thanks.

Will check for you.

Thank you for the info :) I'll look at using the offical addon then and yeah I just didnt know if Emby had any services running that would spool up my drives randomly.

I don’t think so, but if Emby does this - it won’t matter how you install it.

@@Luke, sorry will have to correct myself, can’t check until later as all my OMVs are on Stretch now (OMV 4), which is still very young. OMV 3 is still the recommended version for maximum plugin compatibility so Emby isn’t in the 4 repos yet (I use your repos). I have OMV 3 in a VM though, so will check for you later.

If you see mono near the top of the log then that means it is based on our legacy package and I would instead use either the .Deb or docker.