OpenMediaVault

Luke

hoppel118

The emby omv-plugin is not working since more than a year now, if I remember right. This is the case for omv3 and omv4. You need to install it by command line or to use the docker container.

I use the docker ce plugin and the emby docker container under omv4 since round about 2 months. Before omv4 I used the docker ce plugin and the emby container under omv3.

It works really flawless.

Greetings Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118

The emby omv-plugin is not working since more than a year now, if I remember right. This is the case for omv3 and omv4. You need to install it by command line or to use the docker container.

I use the docker ce plugin and the emby docker container under omv4 since round about 2 months. Before omv4 I used the docker ce plugin and the emby container under omv3.

Greetings Hoppel

Yep just figured that out as can't seem to get the Mono repo to work in OMV (using 3.x) although I wont bother if the plugin no longer works so whats the better way? I have never used Docker so havent got a clue where to start

EDIT: So still unsure about which method to use but edging towards the Deb package way so would I have to download the package to OMV then simply execute the command via the CLI:

1. dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb

Just a side note though what folder would I have to place the Deb file within OMV? I'm getting used to Linux again as I have recently switched back on my main PC to Fedora as from what I recall I can download the pakcage also via dpkg can't I? This would save me from tranferring the file.

Another thing which is kind of OCD but I hate having left over files and crap so say I wanted to uninstall Emby at a later date would I just run "dpkg --remove emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64"?

I hate having residual files or crap left over lol.  :P

Edited by /Ky

If you see mono near the top of the log then that means it is based on our legacy package and I would instead use either the .Deb or docker.

Noted, I tend to piddle around quite a bit in the command line anyway and use OMV to simplify a lot of the mundane/time consuming day to day tasks. I'll check my Emby server later.

Greetings Hoppel

That'll be why I can't find it! :D So I stand corrected about it being updated regularly. Most stuff is to be fair - but I guess with the docker it was easier to let people use that. No point doubling efforts.

@@/Ky I would use the .deb if you are ok with the command line.

To install:

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.3.0.0/emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb
dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb
rm emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb

To remove:

apt remove emby-server

Or to clean up all config files too:

apt remove --purge emby-server
Edited by ellnic
  • Like 1

hoppel118

Docker is not very complicated under omv.

1. activate the docker ce repo under "OMV-Extras":

post-2262-0-46083400-1519590396_thumb.png

2. install openmediavault-docker-gui from "Plugins":

post-2262-0-93368200-1519590606_thumb.png

3. pull the emby image under "Docker - Docker images repo":

post-2262-0-70533200-1519590865_thumb.png

4. run the image and configure your container settings:

post-2262-0-86959500-1519591076_thumb.png

I configured my container the following way:

post-2262-0-68572500-1519591816_thumb.png

post-2262-0-80190300-1519591870_thumb.png

post-2262-0-01537000-1519591937_thumb.png

Greetings Hoppel

• Like 4

Noted, I tend to piddle around quite a bit in the command line anyway and use OMV to simplify a lot of the mundane/time consuming day to day tasks. I'll check my Emby server later.

That'll be why I can't find it! :D So I stand corrected about it being updated regularly. Most stuff is to be fair - but I guess with the docker it was easier to let people use that. No point doubling efforts.

@@/Ky I would use the .deb if you are ok with the command line.

To install:

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/download/3.3.0.0/emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb
dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb
rm emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb

To remove:

apt remove emby-server

Or to clean up all config files too:

apt remove --purge emby-server

Awesome thanks, that was the command I was looking for :D it's all coming back now lol. I'll take a look when I get the time. Thanks hoppel - I'll take a look at that too.

Looks like I'll go with the .deb package install seems the better way for me.

Just a quick side not as it wont be integrated into OMV as such how will I enter credentials when Emby attempts to access my shares (will it ask for credentials?)

Edited by /Ky
  • Like 2

Docker is not very complicated under omv.

1. activate the docker ce repo under "OMV-Extras":

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 21.24.34.png

2. install openmediavault-docker-gui from "Plugins":

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 21.28.02.png

3. pull the emby image under "Docker - Docker images repo":

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 21.33.06.png

4. run the image and configure your container settings:

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 21.37.23.png

I configured my container the following way:

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 21.39.27.png

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 21.47.54.png

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 21.48.26.png

Greetings Hoppel

Thanx a lot to you, it Works very good !! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
jakotaki007

Hi guys,

There is any person here using emby container in docker and reverse proxy on OMV?

I'm trying to setup but nothing work as i'd like to work  or maybe I'm approaching it from a different side.

For now i have my server OMV working with domain buyed form namecheap. I used letsencrypt to generate certificate  to my omv domain and have A+ grade from  https://securityheaders.io/  :)

For now i have some questions:

1. Do I have to do some subdomains for example emby.x.com to reverse proxy work or only have x.com with my certificate from letsencrypt?

2. If i must have some subdomain what should i setup in dns in namecheap? Record A? Cname?

I'm trying to use this guide https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47508-how-to-nginx-reverse-proxy/ 

but for now i have only errors.

Best regards

Jako

jakotaki007

Hi,

I have expressed myself badly:)

It's won't work for me without any erros or something like that. So i'm, looking for a person who has tihs system and using emby docker container and would share its settings or help me with setting this up.

I'm using OMV 4.x

Best regards

Edited by jakotaki007

hoppel118

Hi,

I have expressed myself badly:)

It's won't work for me without any erros or something like that. So i'm, looking for a person who has tihs system and using emby docker container and would share its settings or help me with setting this up.

I'm using OMV 4.x

Best regards

Hi, can’t help you with reverse proxy, but maybe you also need to configure the emby docker container. Have a look at the following post:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/13117-openmediavault/page-9&do=findComment&comment=549283

Regards Hoppel

• 1 year later...
indyjones

Hi all,

I was not sure if to post this here or instead on the OMV site.

I am running emby 4.2.1.0 inside the docker within the latest build of OMV.

The problem I am having is after the initial setup everything works fine for a while and a a day or so later, emby will not connect to the internet. 

I get check for application updates failed (and plugins) and it will not connect to the media sites to scrape images, (error code below).

Does anybody have a clue please? OMV still has internet connectivity.

No such device or address
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater.CheckForUpdateResult(String organzation, String repository, Version minVersion, PackageVersionClass updateLevel, String assetFilename, String packageName, String targetFilename, TimeSpan cacheLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.CheckForApplicationUpdate(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.SystemUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Hi all,

I was not sure if to post this here or instead on the OMV site.

I am running emby 4.2.1.0 inside the docker within the latest build of OMV.

The problem I am having is after the initial setup everything works fine for a while and a a day or so later, emby will not connect to the internet. 

I get check for application updates failed (and plugins) and it will not connect to the media sites to scrape images, (error code below).

Does anybody have a clue please? OMV still has internet connectivity.

No such device or address
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater.CheckForUpdateResult(String organzation, String repository, Version minVersion, PackageVersionClass updateLevel, String assetFilename, String packageName, String targetFilename, TimeSpan cacheLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.CheckForApplicationUpdate(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.SystemUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

I believe this is an issue in the netcore runtime. We'll be updating to 3.0 soon, so let's keep an eye on it. Thanks.

Thanks Luke,

Is there a work around for the moment please? I don't really want to have to wipe emby everyone I add something to the library

Restarting the server?

indyjones

Restarting the server?

I wish it was that simple, either restarting emby, or cold rebooting both OMV and emby does not help. Update checks are failing and I cannot acquire metadata :( 

I wish it was that simple, either restarting emby, or cold rebooting both OMV and emby does not help. Update checks are failing and I cannot acquire metadata :(

Ok then I think I was mistaken. I thought you had said this was a problem where initially the requests work fine and then after a period of time they stop working.

If you're saying they're never working then i don't think that is a problem we can fix. That most likely means you need to configure the network connection in OMV/Docker or you may have something blocking the outgoing communications.

indyjones

To hopefully clarify, when I do a fresh install everything works fine I can even restart emby for plugin installs. Then after a day or so it stops working with the internet, restarting the server does not help, OMV can connect to the internet with no problems, and none of the settings have changed within docker.

Fresh installing emby again still get it running again but no idea why it stops. I set all of the gods and uids up so it should not be access problems. Plus like I said it works perfectly initially.

• 3 months later...
adamericson

Hello,

I'm running Emby on OMV with a docker and a 3200g APU

I'm struggling to get hardware transcoding to work and CPU only transcoding is to slow,

I've looked at the links given here but sadly I’m a noob and can't get it to work.

any help will be greatly appreciated.