198 replies to this topic

#1 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140180 posts
  • Local time: 06:16 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

Thanks to the efforts of Sergio, we now have an Open Media Vault plugin available.

Installation

See http://emby.media/download

5464d09a44a70_OpenMediaVault.png

OpenMediaVault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux. It contains services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more. Thanks to the modular design of the framework it can be enhanced via plugins.

OpenMediaVault is primarily designed to be used in home environments or small home offices, but is not limited to those scenarios. It is a simple and easy to use out-of-the-box solution that will allow everyone to install and administrate a Network Attached Storage without deeper knowledge. 

• flatline69 likes this

#2 tekkb OFFLINE  

tekkb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 12:16 PM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:12 AM

openmediavault-mediabrowser plugin version 1.0.5 

http://forums.openme...60466#post60466

Nice project Luke...

Tekkb

#3 marauder OFFLINE  

marauder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Local time: 07:16 AM

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

The plugin does not show up in my plugin list. I have the mono repo added and reloaded. I have also tried adding the testing repo, and uninstalling the repo and re-adding it.

#4 dantheman OFFLINE  

dantheman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:48 AM

The plugin does not show up in my plugin list. I have the mono repo added and reloaded. I have also tried adding the testing repo, and uninstalling the repo and re-adding it.

Tekkb posted the link above.  It is not in the repo right now.  Maybe someone can update the download instructions on mediabrowser.tv/download

Edited by dantheman, 07 December 2014 - 03:53 AM.

#5 Sergio OFFLINE  

Sergio

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 74 posts
  • Local time: 01:16 PM

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

Tekkb posted the link above.  It is not in the repo right now.  Maybe someone can update the download instructions on mediabrowser.tv/download

The plugin is temporary offline due to changes. I'm in testing stage for a new version. Thanks for your patience.

The link tekkb posted above is not for the official plugin I made.

Edited by Sergio, 07 December 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#6 tekkb OFFLINE  

tekkb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

Pictures say more than words....

Attached Files

• Attached File  doh.jpg   185.5KB   78 downloads

Edited by tekkb, 07 December 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#7 supturb89 OFFLINE  

supturb89

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

The plugin is temporary offline due to changes. I'm in testing stage for a new version. Thanks for your patience.

The link tekkb posted above is not for the official plugin I made.

Any update as to when the plugin will be available?  Thanks.

#8 CM000n OFFLINE  

CM000n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationKarlsruhe DE

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

I switched my server today from Windows to OMV 1.12.

Whene I activate the Mono Repo I can also see the MediaBrowser Plugins.

So it is available now again over the (un)official OMV-Extras:  ;)

wksqgmnc.png

#9 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140180 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

Well done!

#10 marauder OFFLINE  

marauder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

I was wondering if you had a release date setup for the next upgrade, as currnetly the OMV version if 2 stable releases behind? Is there a way to switch from the OMV version to the standard repo version without loosing the database?

#11 frikandel OFFLINE  

frikandel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:16 AM

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

i installed it .it was successfull but cant open the admin page neither the client page all error 

when i look in omv it  says its not started

#12 bobby21 OFFLINE  

bobby21

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

It it highly unlikely to work any more... since the move to imagemagick, Debian Wheezy and OMV are no longer supported! Only Debian Jessie (Testing) and Ubunutu.

There is a thread on OMVs forums about this: http://forums.openme...rently-v1-10-0/

On the last page, Sergio says it won't work unless someone figures out how to get ImageMagick to work on Wheezy... http://forums.openme...10-0/?pageNo=22

OMV support needs to be removed from the downloads page :(

Unless anyone can think of how to get it working?

Edited by bobby21, 08 April 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#13 elcabong OFFLINE  

elcabong

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 131 posts
  • Local time: 04:16 AM

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

This sucks.  I setup OMV with emby for a buddy as its easier to manage than full on Ubuntu or other *nix servers.  Hoping someone figures out a good fix, otherwise he and many others will be outdated quickly with their working MB/emby installs.

#14 marauder OFFLINE  

marauder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

This is a shame. I can't even get the plugin version that was released for OMV to be stable, crashes after a few hours. I'm currently using Serviio, which is nice but very basic. Don't really want to switch to Ubuntu, we'll see.

Edited by marauder, 08 April 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#15 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140180 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

we're working it out, not to worry.

• thefirstofthe300, bobby21 and marauder like this

#16 bobby21 OFFLINE  

bobby21

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

@elcabong - I know, it sucks. The only working version for OMV on Wheezy is the last version that didn't use ImageMagick. It's posted as a package on the OMV forums, but as you say, it's outdated.

@marauder - I know things are bad, but I wouldn't jump on the Ubuntu band waggon just yet ;) Debian Jessie is scheduled for release on the 25th April. After a while OMV will undoubtably move to Jessie. There are plenty of other stable options before you move to Ubuntu :P

Anyway, looks like Luke has a plan :D

Edited by bobby21, 08 April 2015 - 02:22 PM.

• thefirstofthe300 likes this

#17 marauder OFFLINE  

marauder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

Nice, I don't have anything against Ubuntu, I like it better than Debian. I've just got my OMV fully setup and customized, so don't want to have to change unless I need to. I'm in no rush, as I have an alternate dnla that's usable.

#18 bobby21 OFFLINE  

bobby21

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

It's down to personal preference, but my experiences with Ubuntu past about 8-10 have been mediocre in terms of a desktop environment, (plus I hate the fact that the unity bar cannot be moved in recent versions), and as a server I find it terribly buggy. Ubuntu is Debian's Sid (unstable) branch, but with some 'stability bought to it'. Similar to Red Hat taking a Fedora snapshot then stabilising it - only not as stable :P The problem is, Debian 7 on which OMV is based, is nearing end of life. It's repos were frozen before it came out and then no major version changes take place until the next release. Whilst this provides a very stable system, it can leave things a little outdated. The alterntives are things like Fedora and Ubuntu which are bleeding edge but less stable, or rolling release distros such as Arch or Gentoo.

Edited by bobby21, 08 April 2015 - 03:00 PM.

• rrlucero likes this

#19 thefirstofthe300 OFFLINE  

thefirstofthe300

Linux Geek

• Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Local time: 04:16 AM
  • LocationEastern Oregon

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

Surprisingly enough, Arch makes a pretty darn good server. I have been running Arch as my home server/desktop for about a year now and I have never really had a problem with it. I update every week and nothing has really broken. And as far as a package manager pacman is fairly tough to beat IMO. Apt repos are a pain in the rear to manage. Same for yum.

Using PKGBUILDs is really quite brilliant as any bash-script kiddie can figure it out and build their own packages.

• bobby21 likes this

#20 bobby21 OFFLINE  

bobby21

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

I've heard a few people say that. Rolling releases can sometimes be slated for stability when it comes to servers but I've never heard anyone say Arch was unsuitable. I ran Arch for quite a while on my main laptop. I periodically visit a handful of distros on a test box or in a VM and have always been impressed with it. Additionally, the user base is very friendly and the wiki is simple yet thorough. Pacman is pretty awesome as you said. Have you ever heard of ArchBSD? A great project to take a look at if you have any use for BSD and love Pacman.

Talking of package managers that are pretty good, I've always loved portage. I occasionally play around with a Gentoo box for fun... Then I slap myself round the face and tell myself that life is too short for emerge -uavDN world ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users