Ubuntu

Luke

clarkss12

On my FreeNas server

Sorry, I missed the FreeNas.  I am a total noob at Linux, but after a few months of pure agony, trying to do what you are asking.  I created a cheat to help me mount my folders from two different NAS's, one, NFS and one smb.  Here is my cheat sheet, maybe it will help.  You will have to figure out your music folder location on your FreeNas, and then on your Linux box create the necessary folders and give them permissions.  Then enter that data into fstab.  I works for me, I am always adding different versions of Linux and with my cheat sheet, I can have a system up and running in a few minutes..

AGAIN, I AM A TOTAL NOOB.  Real Linux gurus will be probably be shaking their heads.....

mounting nas on pine64.txt

Here is a video showing how I mount my external drives on Linux.  Don't laugh, it works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwa1tH8ju7Q

Edited by clarkss12

avalon65

From the FreeNAS forum :

So you need to create a dataset on your FreeNAS server where you will store your media files; it seems you've already done this. Then share this dataset as an NFS share (Sharing->UNIX(NFS) in the GUI).

On your emby server -- your laptop? -- you will then mount the share so that the emby package can access it to serve up your media.

I have added a UNIX share in FreeNAS, and then added the path of the Media folder in emby, : /mnt/WinShare/Media?music, but I am getting an error:

' There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to it.

I have also entered the same path as a (Optional) Shared Network Folder,  but still get the same error

What have I missed or not done.

Edited by avalon65

mastrmind11

From the FreeNAS forum :

So you need to create a dataset on your FreeNAS server where you will store your media files; it seems you've already done this. Then share this dataset as an NFS share (Sharing->UNIX(NFS) in the GUI).

On your emby server -- your laptop? -- you will then mount the share so that the emby package can access it to serve up your media.

I have added a UNIX share in FreeNAS, and then added the path of the Media folder in emby, : /mnt/WinShare/Media?music, but I am getting an error:

' There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to it.

I have also entered the same path as a (Optional) Shared Network Folder,  but still get the same error

What have I missed or not done.

Why is there a question mark in your path?

avalon65

Why is there a question mark in your path?

oops, It  was a typo  error here in my message and not in emby server path for the media. I have just checked.

mastrmind11

oops, It  was a typo  error here in my message and not in emby server path for the media. I have just checked.

I think you're getting confused.  All you did above was set up a NFS share of your music folder.  Now you need to add *that* share by mounting it wherever you have Emby server running.  In this case, I believe that'd be your laptop.  Once you mount the share on your laptop, you can then point Emby to the local mountpoint.... ie, once it's mounted it mimics a regular local folder that you can access just like any other folder on your laptop.

You'll need to install nfs-common on your laptop:  

sudo apt-get install nfs-common

Then you'll need to simply mount the share by creating a local directory:  

mkdir /mnt/whatever/you/want

Then it's just a matter of mounting the share and pointing it to the folder you just created:

sudo mount your_freenas_ip:/mnt/WinShare/Media/music /mnt/whatever/you/want

Once that's executed, you should be able to list the contents of the mountpoint:  

ls -lh /mnt/whatever/you/want

Assuming that worked, go into Emby and point the library to /mnt/whatever/you/want

Assuming you don't want to mount the share every time you restart your laptop, you'll need to edit the /etc/fstab file 

sudo nano /etc/fstab

and add a line to permanently mount the share each reboot:

your_freenas_ip:/mnt/WinShare/Media/music /mnt/whatever/you/want nfs auto,nofail,noatime,nolock,intr,tcp,actimeo=1800 0 0

And that's it.  You'll probably come back asking about permissioning, but we can figure that out if you do.

Edited by mastrmind11

avalon65

I think you're getting confused.  All you did above was set up a NFS share of your music folder.  Now you need to add *that* share by mounting it wherever you have Emby server running.  In this case, I believe that'd be your laptop.  Once you mount the share on your laptop, you can then point Emby to the local mountpoint.... ie, once it's mounted it mimics a regular local folder that you can access just like any other folder on your laptop.

You'll need to install nfs-common on your laptop:  

sudo apt-get install nfs-common

Then you'll need to simply mount the share by creating a local directory:  

mkdir /mnt/whatever/you/want

Then it's just a matter of mounting the share and pointing it to the folder you just created:

sudo mount your_freenas_ip:/mnt/WinShare/Media/music /mnt/whatever/you/want

Once that's executed, you should be able to list the contents of the mountpoint:  

ls -lh /mnt/whatever/you/want

Assuming that worked, go into Emby and point the library to /mnt/whatever/you/want

Assuming you don't want to mount the share every time you restart your laptop, you'll need to edit the /etc/fstab file 

sudo nano /etc/fstab

and add a line to permanently mount the share each reboot:

your_freenas_ip:/mnt/WinShare/Media/music /mnt/whatever/you/want nfs auto,nofail,noatime,nolock,intr,tcp,actimeo=1800 0 0

And that's it.  You'll probably come back asking about permissioning, but we can figure that out if you do.

Yes that is the next question as access is denied by server while mounting ip address of server.

The Music folder is now showing in emby server as /mnt/WinShare/Media/Music, but there are no files there at the moment.

It looks like I am getting somewhere now.

Edited by avalon65

avalon65

Just to say thanks, as I finally managed to get things working correctly now.

I tried this again: sudo mount your_freenas_ip:/mnt/WinShare/Media/music /mnt/whatever/you/want, and it completed without the error I received before.

Then after completing the rest of your instructions, the music folder on Ubuntu is now showing tracks, and emby has loaded all the files.

Again, many thanks for your help with this.

• 2 weeks later...
David69220

Hi,

I installed emby-server in Ubuntu 16.04, and it don't start.

emby-server.service - Emby Media Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/emby-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2017-06-14 12:25:33 CEST; 1h 33min ago
  Process: 23107 ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/emby-server clear (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 23082 ExecStart=/usr/bin/emby-server start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 23082 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jun 14 12:25:29 Arcadia systemd[1]: Started Emby Media Server.
Jun 14 12:25:31 Arcadia su[23082]: Successful su for emby by root
Jun 14 12:25:31 Arcadia su[23082]: + ??? root:emby
Jun 14 12:25:31 Arcadia su[23082]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user emby by (uid=0)
Jun 14 12:25:31 Arcadia systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jun 14 12:25:33 Arcadia systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jun 14 12:25:33 Arcadia systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

When I try to use : sudo /usr/bin/emby-server start

Unhandled Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: libembysqlite3.so.0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3+NativeMethods:sqlite3_libversion_number ()
  at SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3.SQLitePCL.ISQLite3Provider.sqlite3_libversion_number () [0x00000] in <1dfac022a6f2490eb616d7759415c871>:0
  at SQLitePCL.raw.SetProvider (SQLitePCL.ISQLite3Provider imp) [0x00008] in <6725949973104bb8b8bdf05801db616a>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.SetSqliteProvider () [0x00005] in <b891ce5b60df4267bab17c7ac8783d69>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00012] in <b891ce5b60df4267bab17c7ac8783d69>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: libembysqlite3.so.0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3+NativeMethods:sqlite3_libversion_number ()
  at SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3.SQLitePCL.ISQLite3Provider.sqlite3_libversion_number () [0x00000] in <1dfac022a6f2490eb616d7759415c871>:0
  at SQLitePCL.raw.SetProvider (SQLitePCL.ISQLite3Provider imp) [0x00008] in <6725949973104bb8b8bdf05801db616a>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.SetSqliteProvider () [0x00005] in <b891ce5b60df4267bab17c7ac8783d69>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00012] in <b891ce5b60df4267bab17c7ac8783d69>:0

What is this issue please ?

Thanks.

David.

hurricanehrndz

There seems to have been an issue with your installation, please verify the  following:

Files exist:

/usr/lib/emby-server/x86_64-linux-gnu/libembysqlite3.so
/usr/lib/emby-server/x86_64-linux-gnu/libembysqlite3.so.0
/usr/lib/emby-server/x86_64-linux-gnu/libembysqlite3.so.0.8.6
/usr/lib/emby-server/bin/SQLitePCLRaw.provider.sqlite3.dll.config

Verify the contents of the config file

<configuration>
  <dllmap dll="sqlite3" target="libembysqlite3.so.0" os="linux"/>
  <dllmap dll="dl" target="libdl.so.2" os="linux"/>
</configuration>

Daniel Snow

Hi everyone! 

I'm going to use Emby for slideshows via Chromecast, however the default speed of slide changing is a bit fast. I couldn't find any even setting. Someone knows how speed of slide's changing may be configured? Any server parameter or something else, even hard way to build from sources with needed speed value? 

Thanks!  :)

We don't currently have a setting but how much slower do you think it should be?

Daniel Snow
Hi Luke, I think 10-15 seconds should be enough. As for me, 12 s will be cool. 

Other installations that can work with Chromecast also don't have such option, here a lot of desperate people asking for implement slideshow speed control:

I think if you'll implement such feature or just slightly decrease the slideshow speed, all these people will go to Emby side : )
Edited by Daniel Snow

For now I will just increase it by a few seconds because the current 8 seconds is probably a little too quick.

• Like 1

David69220

There seems to have been an issue with your installation, please verify the  following:

Files exist:

/usr/lib/emby-server/x86_64-linux-gnu/libembysqlite3.so
/usr/lib/emby-server/x86_64-linux-gnu/libembysqlite3.so.0
/usr/lib/emby-server/x86_64-linux-gnu/libembysqlite3.so.0.8.6
/usr/lib/emby-server/bin/SQLitePCLRaw.provider.sqlite3.dll.config

Verify the contents of the config file

<configuration>
  <dllmap dll="sqlite3" target="libembysqlite3.so.0" os="linux"/>
  <dllmap dll="dl" target="libdl.so.2" os="linux"/>
</configuration>

Hello,

Nobody to help me ? I don't have the directory x86_64-linux-gnu in /usr/lib/emby-server/

David

thatoneguy99

What do you see when you type "sqlite3 --version" into terminal ?

Sent from my phone!

Edited by thatoneguy99

thatoneguy99

That is the same version I have. You didn't see any errors during the install? Maybe try "sudo apt-get remove --purge emby-server" then try to reinstall. I have the folder you're missing inside of /usr/lib/emby-server which makes me think something didn't happen right during install.

Sent from my phone!

Edited by thatoneguy99

David69220

I removed with purge and reinstalled... Always the same issue.

Never mind, I stop now.

Edited by David69220

thatoneguy99

Sorry about your luck. I did not have these problems. Maybe someone will come along with an answer.