Database

pegasuspc
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

pegasuspc

does anyone know if i can backup my emby database in windows and then transfer it to a emby linux install. Will this work or do I need to start with a fresh on

Thanks

Michael

• Solution
Happy2Play
1 hour ago, pegasuspc said:

does anyone know if i can backup my emby database in windows and then transfer it to a emby linux install. Will this work or do I need to start with a fresh on

Thanks

Michael

Easily no as there as physical paths that are not compatible.  So you would have to go through every table updating everthing with a path along with potential config files with assigned paths.

There are several topics out there with sql updates with mixed results.  Here is what I used on a library relocation but am in no way saying this may be all that needs updated/changed.  Obviously this was for Windows but same applies to any platform just need your actual paths.

UPDATE "main"."MediaItems" SET "Path" = replace( "Path", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE path LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."MediaItems" SET "Images" = replace( "Images", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE Images LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."MediaStreams2" SET "Path" = replace( "Path", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE path LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."Chapters3" SET "ImagePath" = replace( "ImagePath", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE imagepath LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."ItemExtradata" SET "Value" = replace( "Value", '"Path":"C:\\Users\\Media\\Desktop\\Videos', '"Path":"E:\\Media' ) WHERE value LIKE '%"Path":"C:\\Users\\Media\\Desktop\\Videos%';

If you filled in Network path on Library setup you will could need to update in options.xml and itemextradata. xml is obsolete in new 4.8+
Cinema Intro plugin paths

Not that Emby is somewhat database only a lot of local config files are obsolete.

pegasuspc
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Easily no as there as physical paths that are not compatible.  So you would have to go through every table updating everthing with a path along with potential config files with assigned paths.

There are several topics out there with sql updates with mixed results.  Here is what I used on a library relocation but am in no way saying this may be all that needs updated/changed.  Obviously this was for Windows but same applies to any platform just need your actual paths.

UPDATE "main"."MediaItems" SET "Path" = replace( "Path", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE path LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."MediaItems" SET "Images" = replace( "Images", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE Images LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."MediaStreams2" SET "Path" = replace( "Path", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE path LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."Chapters3" SET "ImagePath" = replace( "ImagePath", 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos', 'E:\Media' ) WHERE imagepath LIKE 'C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos%';
UPDATE "main"."ItemExtradata" SET "Value" = replace( "Value", '"Path":"C:\\Users\\Media\\Desktop\\Videos', '"Path":"E:\\Media' ) WHERE value LIKE '%"Path":"C:\\Users\\Media\\Desktop\\Videos%';

If you filled in Network path on Library setup you will could need to update in options.xml and itemextradata. xml is obsolete in new 4.8+
Cinema Intro plugin paths

Not that Emby is somewhat database only a lot of local config files are obsolete.

ok Appreciate the help