Some Users unable to play Videos

sftech13

sftech13

Hello, while visiting family, we attempted to watch a movie on a Samsung UN55CU8000FXZA TV using the 'App: Emby for Samsung 1.7.0'. However, we encountered an issue where the content continuously buffered, displaying the dreaded circle of death without actually showing any content.

The movie we attempted to watch is "Ferrari (2023)" located at /media/Movies/Ferrari (2023)/Ferrari (2023) {imdb-tt3758542} [AMZN][WEBDL-2160p][HDR10Plus][EAC3 Atmos 5.1][HEVC]-FLUX.mkv

Interestingly, when we tried to play the same movie through a Firestick using its native app, it played without any issues. However, attempting to play it through the Emby app on the Firestick resulted in the same buffering problem as experienced with the Samsung app.

Our current setup for hosting includes:

• Ubuntu 20.04.2
  • Emby Server version: 4.8.3.0
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

I have attached a few logs for further analysis. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could assist in diagnosing why this issue occurs specifically for certain movies while others play without any problems.

transcodingsetup.PNG.bac6e387aea2d9129c67adf0206f7823.PNG

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-dd46aec8-73f1-41ce-b569-5622240bc967_1.txt

HI, what if you try the cuvid options instead of nvdec, how does that compare?

sftech13

Thank you for the response. Let me ask my parents 's I don't have the issue my family does and get back to you.

• Thanks 1