Please update the Synology NAS package VERSION to 4.8.x or 4.9.x

MoCon233

MoCon233

You can see,the SynologyNAS package version is only 4.7.x.

Please update the Synology NAS package VERSION to 4.8.x or 4.9.x!

Thanks!

2024225-222139.jpg

HI, yes we'll be submitting 4.8.2 to Synology once we release that. Thanks.

Jeffg2024
On 2/25/2024 at 3:32 PM, Luke said:

HI, yes we'll be submitting 4.8.2 to Synology once we release that. Thanks.

I installed 4.7.14 on a Synology DS1520+ a week ago. Since then I've tried it on multiple device (fire TV, android TV, LG smart TV, etc.). I like it and bought the lifetime premier membership. I am looking forward to the upcoming 4.8.2 on Synology. I prefer to having the native app there rather than installing it manually. Please keep up the good work. I think this could become the best media server in the future. 

• Agree 2

Thanks for the feedback. The reason we wait is because the Synology review process takes a long time, therefore it doesn't make sense to submit 4.8.0 to them when we know there will probably be a 4.8.1 a week later, 4.8, etc. So it's just a balance of choosing the right time.

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
Gummibeer

Hey, I'm here with the same issue and totally understand and already thought that the problem is the Synology side. But could you make it easier to find the correct Synology release from GitHub?

Synology vs Synology7 vs Synology72
Synology vs Synology Mono

My DS1522+ uses a AMD Ryzen R1600 (x86-64) and running on DSM 7.2.1 - so my guess would be that I need the emby-server-synology72_4.8.3.0_x86_64.spk release. But I'm not sure and also don't know what would happen if I install the wrong one?

MoCon233
4 minutes ago, Gummibeer said:

Hey, I'm here with the same issue and totally understand and already thought that the problem is the Synology side. But could you make it easier to find the correct Synology release from GitHub?

Synology vs Synology7 vs Synology72
Synology vs Synology Mono

My DS1522+ uses a AMD Ryzen R1600 (x86-64) and running on DSM 7.2.1 - so my guess would be that I need the emby-server-synology72_4.8.3.0_x86_64.spk release. But I'm not sure and also don't know what would happen if I install the wrong one?

I don't recommend you to install it manually unless you installed it manually last time, because some configurations of manual installation are different from those downloaded from the store.

• Thanks 1