Shuffle All issue

francoisp
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

francoisp
On 4/26/2024 at 6:03 PM, Luke said:

HI, please let me know if 4.9.0.16 resolves it, once available for your platform. Thanks.

Yes it has solved the shuffle issue on both my Android Emby App and my Google TV Chromecast. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

EZEd
6 hours ago, francoisp said:

Try 4.9.0.16. It has solved the shuffle issue for my Google TV Chromecast.

Is 4.9.0.16 a beta version? I prefer not to run betas. I don't mind reverting back to a previous stable version. I just can't find any instructions on how to do it nor locations on where to find previous versions.

francoisp
5 hours ago, EZEd said:

Is 4.9.0.16 a beta version? I prefer not to run betas. I don't mind reverting back to a previous stable version. I just can't find any instructions on how to do it nor locations on where to find previous versions.

I'm like you. However in this instance I made an exception. I also read that's it not always possible to go back due to changes to the database.

EZEd

Okay thanks for info

16 hours ago, francoisp said:

Try 4.9.0.16. It has solved the shuffle issue for my Google TV Chromecast.

mGraziano

I'm using 4.9.0.16 (64-bit NAS) and on the Amazon Firestick under genre (Play All/Shuffle All) does not work. The server hangs up for several minutes and never plays. Same thing in a browser at the Song level. For example, click 'Genres', click 'Instrumental rock', click 'Songs >', click either 'Play All' or 'Shuffle All' button. Although Music>Genres>Instrumental Rock>Shuffle works now, it plays songs where the album's genre is 'Instrumental Rock' not the track. I think what's broken is track level genre play.

francoisp
54 minutes ago, mGraziano said:

Although Music>Genres>Instrumental Rock>Shuffle works now, it plays songs where the album's genre is 'Instrumental Rock' not the track. I think what's broken is track level genre play.

I did notice that but I wasn't sure if it was by design or a defect.

1 hour ago, francoisp said:

I did notice that but I wasn't sure if it was by design or a defect.

It’s by design because if it didn’t work that way, then you wouldn’t be able to assign a genre to an album and then have that genre flow down to the tracks. So you would instead by required to add it to every single track.

mGraziano

I would think that track genre would have higher priority than album if it exists. I tested tracks that have a genre, for example, 'Instrumental Rock', and made sure the album did not. The Play/shuffle does not include the tracks with 'Instrumental Rock' unless the album does. And in another example, if the album has 'Instrumental Rock' but one for the tracks has a different genre, that track is still included. Even if that's by design, I assume under the 'Song >' section of the genre, that would be the track genre. It does display the right number of tracks with that genre but if I click either 'Play All' or 'Shuffle All' button the server hangs up for several minutes and it never plays.

EZEd
8 hours ago, Luke said:

It’s by design because if it didn’t work that way, then you wouldn’t be able to assign a genre to an album and then have that genre flow down to the tracks. So you would instead by required to add it to every single track.

Which is precisely what I do and is very easy to do when using MP3Tag meta editor. Each song file is tagged with the Genre. I also use multiple genre per album/song file and still believe that it is at least involved in the problem 

@Luke can you please go back and review the code about how this was implemented in server 4.7.x and re-implement that capability in the latest versions? This used to work perfectly. Also can you please post instructions on how to revert Emby Server back to previous versions to include where to get the executable file for reversion/reinstallation?

Would appreciate...thanks