Shuffle All issue

francoisp

francoisp
4 minutes ago, viking19 said:

I side loaded the mobile app 3.3.70 and it appears to work correctly, however it only selects one track since I can only play one minute.

Select genre Country -> Shuffle, at time 11:21:47.470 the track playing is Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue (genre Country).

embyserver with mobile app.txt 155.74 kB · 0 downloads

Are you saying that you sideloaded the mobile app on the Google TV Chromecast device?

16 minutes ago, viking19 said:

viking19

@francoisp Not a Chromecast for me, it's a Hisense TV w/GoogleTV builtin. Different device but same issue, just trying to show this is not device specific.

HFBoroni

I just got back from golfing and hiking, following the thread... Thanks, Guys! One more tidbit from me: when I use the browser interface on my laptop (aka, "the server") and shuffle any genre... No problem! The songs played are all that same genre.

• Thanks 1

viking19

Server 4.8.3 with E4ATV 2.1.07 appears to have fixed the genre Shuffle All issue, multiple genres on my test server played correctly.

• Thanks 1

HFBoroni

@viking19Only because I just recently installed Emby on my Samsung Smart TV and haven't done this before... How will I know the version on my TV is up to date? And, if not, to get it updated? The old "uninstall & reinstall?" I don't know when the version you stated (Server 4.8.3 with E4ATV 2.1.07) will be rolled out. My laptop (server) does have 4.8.3 installed, so the problem child (the TV) should be the one needing the update. TIA for your help!

23 minutes ago, HFBoroni said:

@viking19Only because I just recently installed Emby on my Samsung Smart TV and haven't done this before... How will I know the version on my TV is up to date? And, if not, to get it updated? The old "uninstall & reinstall?" I don't know when the version you stated (Server 4.8.3 with E4ATV 2.1.07) will be rolled out. My laptop (server) does have 4.8.3 installed, so the problem child (the TV) should be the one needing the update. TIA for your help!

Hi.  Nothing in the app changed so  updating the server should be all you need.

viking19

@HFBoroni You should probably report this in the Samsung Smart TV section. I have no idea if the Samsung and Google apps are in any way related.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Samsung app needs an update, there were multiple issues with music genre shuffle on E4ATV after 4.8.x was released. There are still issues with 4.8.3 music genre shuffle directly in the browser that are yet to be resolved.

HFBoroni

Thanks, @ebrand @viking19... I'll double-check the issue on my Samsung TV and report it in the right section assuming the problem still exists. I believe when I use the Windows web browser option, no problem! I'll also check my Android (LG) phone.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
francoisp
Posted (edited)

I'm still having issues. Is there any progress with this case? The server is set to auto update.

The issue is happening when I select "play all" or "suffle all" from my Android device. The server program starts consuming over 30% of my CPU resources and never goes down. I have to manually kill it and restart it. I have no issue playing a single song or a whole album.

Edited by francoisp

EZEd

+1 ... is this issue considered to be resolved by the devs? I too am still having issues with my Android TV app. As well, just yesterday was having issues with latest Android Mobile app on Android TV device. Went to shuffle play a particular Genre and Emby did not respect Genre tags. There were mixed Genre added to the shuffle all playlist that were not requested. I chose Smooth Jazz Genre but there were other items from Classical and R&B that were interspersed into the playlist. None of those were requested or listed as part of the Smooth Jazz Genre.

francoisp
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, EZEd said:

+1 ... is this issue considered to be resolved by the devs? I too am still having issues with my Android TV app. As well, just yesterday was having issues with latest Android Mobile app on Android TV device. Went to shuffle play a particular Genre and Emby did not respect Genre tags. There were mixed Genre added to the shuffle all playlist that were not requested. I chose Smooth Jazz Genre but there were other items from Classical and R&B that were interspersed into the playlist. None of those were requested or listed as part of the Smooth Jazz Genre.

It's not resolved as far as I am concerned. I don't know if the Android device causes the issue or if it's the server mishandling the request. I have a similar issues with my Google TV Chromecast which is also an Android device.

Edited by francoisp
Typo

francoisp
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. Whatever issue you guys are having is likely different from the one in this thread.  Let's please look at an example.

Lol I'm the one that started the thread and trust me it's the same problem that's still waiting to be fixed.

Edited by francoisp
Typo

EZEd

@ebr, when my issue started, I originally started a new thread as so...

In that thread you linked me to a similar thread (not this one) where others were having similar/same issues.  I then did some more research and found/followed this thread as well.  So my issue is outlined in the thread that I started (linked above).  Prior to this problem I was running server 4.8.0.xx was last good known.  I am running app version 2.0.33g because of this problem that I have...

Therefore I am NOT going to update my version of Android TV app.  Besides which all was working well with ATV app 2.0.33g prior to updating to server 4.8.1.0.  I am now on server 4.8.3.0 and the problem persists.  I HAVE loaded Android Mobile app version 3.3.77 onto my Android TV (Hisense 75A6H) and for a while it seemed that the problem was fixed.  But not fixed with the Android TV app 2.0.33g. 

However just yesterday I was playing music on the Android Mobile 3.3.77 and queued up music from my Genre "Smooth Jazz" to shuffle play.  The app was playing a shuffled playlist but not all of the music was from the Smooth Jazz Genre, some was also from Classical, Jazz  and R&B genre as well.  So there still isn't something right in even the Android Mobile app.

Going back to Android TV app, I'll admit that it could be that the problem is fixed for newer versions of Android TV app but again, I cannot update Android TV app for a different reason.  Again, and because version 2.0.33 was working quite well with server versions prior to 4.8.3.0, there HAS to be something else that has changed on the server side that causes the issue.  I don't know the level of regression testing that you do on the products but I can only tell you that behavior is not consistent between releases.

That is all I can offer.

Thx Ed

Edited by EZEd

viking19
On 30/03/2024 at 10:52, francoisp said:

I'm still having issues. Is there any progress with this case? The server is set to auto update.

The issue is happening when I select "play all" or "suffle all" from my Android device. The server program starts consuming over 30% of my CPU resources and never goes down. I have to manually kill it and restart it. I have no issue playing a single song or a whole album.

Are you on E4ATV 2.2.10g and server 4.8.3? These issues are fixed for me and I was experiencing the same problems.

francoisp
2 minutes ago, viking19 said:

Are you on E4ATV 2.2.10g and server 4.8.3? These issues are fixed for me and I was experiencing the same problems.

Same version for the server. I don't know what E4ATV is. I use an Android mobile phone app v3.3.77 and a Google TV Chromecast v2.1.10g updated 03/12/2024. Both Google TV and Phone apps are connecting to my server remotely (wan). 

viking19

Emby for Android TV (E4ATV)

My typo, I meant 2.1.10g. Sorry I can't help troubleshoot as my setup is working, for these issues at least.

francoisp
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, viking19 said:

Emby for Android TV (E4ATV)

My typo, I meant 2.1.10g. Sorry I can't help troubleshoot as my setup is working, for these issues at least.

Are you connecting using your lan or wan? Have you tried both? I didn't have an issue at home on my lan. It started when I travelled away from home.

Edited by francoisp

francoisp
1 minute ago, viking19 said:

I'm only on local lan, I have no way to test through wan.

Thanks 

HFBoroni

Hi, Guys! Remember me?? 😀 I did post this thread on Samsung TV support and have somewhat reached a stopping point. I do believe it is still "in progress". As a former Software Engineer, I can imagine the code may be similar albeit the platforms dissimilar. Hence, the "issue" may be somewhere embedded in the same module/whatever. I am getting emails about this thread, so I thought I'd check in. Cheers!

viking19

@HFBoroni There is no doubt that the server 4.8.x updates caused a number of problems with music shuffle. Not only for Android TV (some have been fixed) and Samsung TV but also in browser playback and downloads here Latest update broke Genre even more. This is why I always turn off auto update on my main collection and just create a test server with the new versions. I'm sure the devs will get to the cause(s) as long as we continue to provide meaningful feedback and logs when needed, with so many devices and server combinations it must be a daunting task.

francoisp

I'm back at home and I'm having the same issue with the suffle all feature on my Google TV Chromecast. Is something being done about this? @ebrI don't feel I'm being taken seriously despite the information I provided when asked for it.

On 3/30/2024 at 12:52 PM, francoisp said:

Hi.  If this is the issue you are still having then I can no longer reproduce it so we'll need to look at a new set of logs.

Thanks.