Shuffle All issue

francoisp

francoisp

I'm currently traveling and I'm accessing my Emby home server using a Google TV/Chromecast device. When listening to music I typically select a genre and then select "suffle all". For an unknown reason the songs that get selected are from *any* genre and not limited to the genre I'm in. At home I use another identical Google TV device and I haven't experienced this issue. I've been away for a few weeks so I'm wondering if there has been a recent update that broke the "suffle all" by genre functionality.

Hi.  Can you test with the web app to see if it behaves differently?

francoisp

It's working fine using the browser on my phone and also the andoid app.

Edited by francoisp

Okay, you can either try with the current beta of the app or just wait until later this week when it is hopefully released.

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, francoisp said:

I'm already running the beta version on my Google TV Chromecast. 

What does the version number show?

Can you go into a genre and select the shuffle all command and then immediately grab the server log and post it here?

Sorry, I keep forgetting we removed normal requests from the log.  Can you please turn on debug logging on the server and then do that again?

Thanks.

HFBoroni

Thanks for starting this topic @francoispI have the exact same issue on a Samsung TV with the Emby app installed. I love shuffling a Genre and this feature is not working. FYI, my server is a Windows 10 laptop and all my music uses the properties field to store the genre. Most of my file organization is artist/album/song.

I cannot see anything wrong with the query from the app  here.  How are you determining that it is playing items that it shouldn't?

francoisp

After I select "suffle all" from within my genre, the playlist contains songs from other genre.

If I perform the exact same operation using my phone app, I only see songs from the genre I'm in.

Edit: Both my phone and the Google TV Chromecast are on the same wifi network.  

Edited by francoisp
Added info

8 minutes ago, francoisp said:

the playlist contains songs from other genre

Can we please see specific examples?  Are you sure there is no path to these songs that would contain the genre?  Like they are on a Various album with the genre?

francoisp

Out of curiosity, what info is returned by the server after a suffle all command? Is there a way the information can be misinterpreted by the Google TV Chromecast and not by my phone app?

francoisp
Just now, ebr said:

Can we please see specific examples?  Are you sure there is no path to these songs that would contain the genre?  Like they are on a Various album with the genre?

I'm not sure if this answers your question but all my songs have only one genre. In this actual case I've selected the genre "francais" and selected "suffle all". Looking at my playlist, I see songs from genres "francais", "classical", "pop" and many others.

As I said I do not have this issue with my phone app. I don't understand why I have it with the Google TV Chromecast.

francoisp

Okay, here's what I have done. I removed the app from my Google TV. Then I found out that at one point I had joined the beta program so I left it. After that I reinstalled the standard app and re-entered the server and user info. I tried the "suffle all" by genre and I got the same results i.e. the resulting playlist contains songs from a multitude of genres.

Edited by francoisp

francoisp

I tried to suffle a different genre and I got a message "can't play the song" or something like that. Then the server stopped responding. I had to do a remote session to kill the emby process and restart it. Next I turned on debug and tried again with the server procesd going bonkers consuming 30% of my CPU. I don't know if this is related but I have attached the log.

embyserver (1).txt

viking19
1 hour ago, francoisp said:

I tried to suffle a different genre and I got a message "can't play the song" or something like that. Then the server stopped responding. I had to do a remote session to kill the emby process and restart it. Next I turned on debug and tried again with the server procesd going bonkers consuming 30% of my CPU. I don't know if this is related but I have attached the log.

embyserver (1).txt 57.69 kB · 0 downloads

You need to be on at least beta 2.1.02 to not kill the server and 2.1.04 for album art to show up re: Music shuffle broken with server 4.8.

However, I'm seeing the same issue as your original post.

viking19

Server 4.8.1, E4ATV 2.1.07

Select genre Country -> Shuffle All, at time 10:18:19.598 the first track that starts playing is Fiction Factory - Ghost Of Love (genre Pop). The server log shows it playing but that is not what was selected so probably not a useful log.

It all works correctly with server 4.7.14.

embyserver.txt

viking19

I side loaded the mobile app 3.3.70 and it appears to work correctly, however it only selects one track since I can only play one minute.

Select genre Country -> Shuffle, at time 11:21:47.470 the track playing is Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue (genre Country).

embyserver with mobile app.txt