Pseudo TV for Emby

VicMoore

VicMoore

@TZTZoroThe new CSS looks great.  Two simple changes are needed.

The first is that the "Channel Config" needs to move right to align with the other two titles. 

image.png.ed0279072926d2fcfe1edfe11b452393.png

The second change request is that the text (for the theme I am using) is white and does not show up.

image.png.e86dbe5c2218467eed399b9745d45b40.png

You are doing a great job.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Agree 1

VicMoore

@TZTZoroI fixed the two problems above. I should not have bothered you with trivial changes. 

Vic

I want to add a few things and then will post the updated code.

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

I just uploaded to POST 1 the latest code.

Vic

VicMoore

@TZTZoroYour movies should display properly now (without having to use recursion). You can select multiple movies even though they are all in separate folders.

If you have a chance can you look at "Test Rules".

Vic

kjhedges

Great work still by you guys on the GUI.  I am really liking the look.

Are we any further on programs starting at EPG time rather than the start of a media file?

TZTZoro

I am not sure what this should look like but it doesnt look great with recursive search
image.png.058a3a6ef3748a9683b37202e9ff2875.png
you want the console output nicely formatted on screen when you click test rules? further it seems to work fine from what i understand it needs to do
i would create a modal i think and then just overlay a succesful save message with some statistics like it shows in the console,

what is the question?

VicMoore

@TZTZoroI have been studying your CSS and have learned so much. 

I changed the search parameters on the Emby ApiClient requests to better show movies and TV series when they are enclosed by folders. That's in the latest code. How does it look on your screen?

The "Test Rules" on my screen do not display correctly. I can put it in a modal if you think that is the best thing to do.  It was displaying correctly but recently the table layout changed.  Can it be fixed in CSS?

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

@TZTZoroI have tried all of my magic, and I still cannot get the "Test the Rules" button to display the underlying table correctly.  What CSS should I use to make the image occupy only the space that it needs?  The latest code is below.  I added

td img {

max-width: 20em;

}

This had no effect. I assume something is overriding this directive, but it's avoiding my detection.

Vic 

Success - I figured it out !!!!!

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

kjhedges
On 1/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, VicMoore said:

@pünktchendemonstrated with his virtualTV plugin the value of viewing Emby media content in a TV Guide format. His excellent work motivated me to learn how the magic was done. 

I owe a great debt to the Emby community, and Pseudo TV is a small payment toward that debt.

The Pseudo TV plugin is composed of two parts. The first is a TV Tuner Platform created entirely by @Luke. He called the plugin "VirtualTvExample."  I have preserved this name to recognize his contribution. The second is a Javascript addition to Luke's tuner plugin that provides a simple way to create and add channels to the TV Tuner. The code for both parts is attached below. The tuner code is mature and stable. I created the javascript code and it needs testing and a good flushing out of bugs. The CSS and some of the Javascript were composed by @TZTZoroThe PseudoTV code is free to everyone to use as they like. 

I formulated Pseudo TV to learn how to build plugins that employ the Emby EPG.  I wanted to create my own version of an online TV channel service. My goal was simply to learn more about the Emby EPG, C#, and Javascript. 

This opportunity to learn and share knowledge is what sets Emby apart from other media servers. It's public API, plugin interface, and most importantly the help Emby users and the development team provide willingly to everyone is unique in the industry. For example, @Cheesegeezertook the time to teach me how to build plugins, @Luke@softworkzand many others, gave me sage advice, and @Happy2Playand @GrimReapertaught me how to use the forums and kept me out of trouble. Even so, most of the fun that I have derived from Emby comes from the fellowship with all of you.

A few comments:

1) You can define as many channels as you like.

2) Content plays through the standard Emby resources.

3) You can append content to the tail of the EPG, or create a new EPG.

4) All media plays from the start of the media.  Luke has offered to improve the "virtualTvExample" code if enough interest develops.

5) This code is at the beginning of its development. It's not a finished polished product. It will be in time. Your ideas will make Pseudo TV a great program.

6) Currently, the code supports "Movies", "TV Series", and "Music Videos."  Soon this will be expanded to include all Emby types except "Photos" and "Books."

7) I welcome all constructive help, ideas, and suggestions. My only goal is that we all have fun and learn more about Emby, plugins, and programming. 

-----------------

The code for the new GUI is attached below.   I will post pictures in about an hour.

image.png.7fb8b63941666e299eef78005f65a271.png

image.png.813eb6045fd59097007e44dad602aec0.png

image.png.b0d39bf5741dff1733484a569e66aa5e.png

image.png.370cbe27ed006be892c71dcb50a036d1.png

image.png.c8508b7313a955b18e86efe46582cd90.png

image.png.aa6b9c73503c1d976664895db197081e.png

image.png.ee3e84a2b307eff3d24a0b0d1fac83cd.png

image.png.85adab9a031d09fdb02eeed9d6cf8ef1.png

PseudoTV.zip 773.6 kB · 5 downloads PseudoTV.dll 251.5 kB · 6 downloads

Once again, very nice work.

The only thing lacking now, is the play from current time schedule rather than start of media. @Lukethere is alot of interest in this and it would be a shame if this wasnt implimented. It is more a playlist creator than a TV Tuner until this part is done.

@VicMooreIm not sure how different both PseudoTV and VirtualTV are in the code side, but @pünktchenhas this implemented in their Plugin

• Agree 2

VicMoore

@kjhedgesthe virtualTV plugin sends a playlist to the TV.  The Emby client uses that playlist to fetch and play media from the Emby libraries.  Luke plays the media through the standard Emby channels. 

@Lukeis very busy and we will have to wait till he has free bandwidth to complete the TV tuner platform.  He has agreed to do the work, but he is only one person.  

@kjhedgesYour ideas and suggestions have been very helpful and have improved PseudoTV.

Thanks, Vic

• Like 2

shortfatrocker

complete newby here but this looks like exactly what im looking for, how do i get this thing to work?  assume i have the technical knowledge of a particularly stupid parsnip. downloaded files but cant open them, have put the dll in the plugins folder and it says its installed but cant the pseudotv gui to open

thanks in advance

TZTZoro

@shortfatrocker go to live tv and add pseudotv as a source, you will see the gui then, if you dont see it as a source you dont have it installed(correctly)
image.png.702354c9debb504b1091b808a63aa0a0.png

shortfatrocker
1 hour ago, TZTZoro said:

@shortfatrocker go to live tv and add pseudotv as a source, you will see the gui then, if you dont see it as a source you dont have it installed(correctly)
image.png.702354c9debb504b1091b808a63aa0a0.png

cheers

twitchstick

So I have ErsatzTV for virtual channels that I created in Emby. I decided to give this a shot and I like it a lot! It's very easy to use and the filters are a nice touch to help find what I want for the channel. The only thing missing is for the channel I pick to start the movie from the actual time stamp in the EPG and not from the beginning. I saw a previous post that Luke will be working on it the near future. For now I'll keep using ErsatzTV but I'll also keep PseudoTV also and recreate my channels for when that main feature is finally released. 

Great job guys! 

VicMoore

Hello @twitchstickThanks for the kind words.  Myself and @pünktchenhave reported to @Lukethe problem with starting at the current time rather than the beginning.  The TV platform was designed and written by Luke. He has agreed to enhance it. So hopefully we will have a solution to this problem soon.

Vic

• Like 3

VicMoore

I added "Cast to TV" to the "Playlist" screen.  You can now play the playlist on any Emby client on your network.

image.png.8b49b1dbd2799377b6d1c7952340cefe.png

Click "Cast to TV"  then select from the drop down list the Client you wish to cast to.

image.png.181b57ceb889d5156d4a95bdba8669b7.png

Then click "Play Video" to start the video playing.

image.png.556f6888cb07cd2f3a9a7bbaf8c1f308.png

After the movie starts you can monitor its progress by clicking the "monitor'  button

image.png.8edfa0d64b1b01c61ab9b17761e69544.png

image.png.8e3643c1b688d7c58324bdfdf234df4c.png

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 2

VicMoore

Now when you add movies to a channel, you can select the movies from Collections or Playlists.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

I added Bumpers today -- I will post the code tomorrow, after I test it more.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

I added bumpers and a utility for creating new logo images.  The code was uploaded to post 1. Some screen shots are below:

image.png.aa5432502034fb2b35001b475894edf0.png

image.png.7601f6139334903b19486e15f68dde87.png

image.png.e587039e7c8776aa8738d552558ad728.png

A screen shot of the logo builder is shown below.

image.png.0f734c53f2ee777112898c84c23cc712.png

image.png.b53b67afed9872daf92ba9537ca27b4a.png

Vic

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
VicMoore

@TZTZoroI have a question. Sometimes when I bring up PseudoTv the buttons are blue rather than white. Do you have any idea why this might happen?  I would greatly appreciate your help.

VicPseudoTv.zip

Edited by VicMoore