Pseudo TV for Emby

VicMoore

VicMoore

@kjhedgesIsn't that what it is doing?  Sometimes I am a bit slow to pickup on what is being asked. Please explain in more detail what you want.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

kjhedges
7 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@kjhedgesIsn't that what it is doing?

Yes sorry, My mistake.  I see the bottom scroll bar and thought..........

I should really check before posting. Sorry about that

TZTZoro

image.thumb.png.f7be6f71e83b40dac7bac6e989a65776.png

in this image the letters(on the right in the gray) are not clickable because of my scrollbar is in the way
image.png.567164e4179a65d46655a53569587781.png
i can not use the top bar except the red help button

TZTZoro

image.thumb.png.1bc559ce4c8c5f57f858c3c7332e7d91.png
I would recommend using relative units like % and em/rm instead of using px because of this ^

image.thumb.png.41632bea4f529de55c9ad2fb724f9c3b.png

This seems to be a solution, i do not know which classes are needed exactly, i think this class="flex flex-direction-column flex-grow scrollY" and then you set for the scrolldiv the height to auto, but i would still recommend changing absolute values to relative, for example people with a high screen zoom benefit the most from it

image.thumb.png.ba55a77eda488da6b7369d6f87043d8c.pngmaybe some styling like this? it makes the buttons clickable

#sideNode {
    background-color: #f0f0f0; 
    color: #333;
    padding: 0.8em;
    overflow-y: auto;
    position: sticky;
    top: 0;
    right: auto;
}

#sideNode .side_item {
    padding: 5px 0; 
    flex: 1;
    border-bottom: 0.125em solid #ddd; 
}

#sideNode .side_item:hover {
    background-color: #e9e9e9;
    cursor: pointer; 
}

• Like 1

VicMoore

Thanks @kjhedgesI will make the changes.  I am poor with units in CSS. That's why everything is in px.  I guess I will now have to learn new tricks. 🙂

Vic

TZTZoro

what is the latest code if you dont mind sharing? i can try and go over and create a version of styling and then you can use what you want @VicMooreor you got yourself a new challenge ;)

TZTZoro

when loading data you are requesting the data using a specific user, now you grab the userid from the logged in user but that means you dont get acces to all content if you do not have acces to all content, is it possible to select from which user? from what i remember from the openapi.json there is not an endpoint to query to get all items no matter the user

also for the music videos you are not using Recursive=true which is the cause for this screenshot i believe if you do not have acces to all folders in a library
image.png.f50eed8b27a52dae4fc8632921547a2b.png

VicMoore

@TZTZoroI will send you the new code in 10 minutes.  Normally it's attached to the bottom of the first post.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

@TZTZoroYou have made excellent points both about the USER and using Recursion. Give me a bit to think about them.

Vic

VicMoore

@TZTZoroI removed recursion from the URL where I load Emby library data and returned that feature to the Filter. You now navigate through all of the folders. You were right, This is a better technique.  As for the user. For simplicity Lets keep it the way it is for now.  When the current code is solid and mature then we can add that feature.

You mentioned that you were going to improve the styling (CSS).  That would be great. CSS is my weak point (among many) and I would learn much from you.

Vic

TZTZoro

@VicMoorei sent you a message about the styling so i wouldnt fill the forum with pictures

here is for example music folders, theming should also kind of support dark themes:
image.thumb.png.c9ed3ecfefc8e67ddd415fe0753a3e9f.png
movies, the blue glowing ones being the selected ones, i am not yet sure about that, added a checkmark when an item has been played, moved the favorite icon:
image.thumb.png.4b586132f5f8e2c7117c615f33985f60.png
filters for so far i have done them
image.thumb.png.ec59b7aebfc9f811690e8d2393f224fe.pngtonight I might do some more

if you want to follow emby's styling more it seems like the html structure and some other structures should be changed a bit from what i have seen in emby but i am not experienced with that

Edited by TZTZoro

VicMoore

@TZTZoroWhat you did with CSS is just amazing. I am so impressed.  I have two requests. The first is that with the theme I am using the text color for the light colored buttons is poorly visible. The text is difficult to see.   The second is the border and caption color for folders.  Could you possibly use an icon on the picture (like you did for favorites and Played)? I am going to spend hours learning CSS from you. Thank you so much.  I will stop coding until you finish your changes. I love them all.

Vic

TZTZoro

@VicMooreyou mean like this?
image.png.f0c707b62e85e297460b1654955785a9.png

unfortunately i do not really understand what you find difficult to see, which text
A, this text?
image.png.145a5f9bb84efa6b12dee6c43ff01f75.png
B, this text? i personally like the overlay over the title that the image kind of moves forward but i can understand why it looks bad/does not work
image.png.c56fccc103755b3838ae39a2b8159e80.png
C, you mean like this? (if the buttons are white on white i accidentally gave the wrong zip file)
image.png.410eb7da485545dbb2f1659abf6447bd.png

Edited by TZTZoro
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

Yes, exactly.  Fantastic job.  Let me know when you are finished. When you are done, I will add my few lines of added code and publish the total as the next plugin release.

Vic

image.png.0cabdded5da34dafeb75a15c9618b557.png

P.S.  Could you please make the background color for folders a color that is more pleasing.

image.png.2705d52ddbf3becaafa9b8f76e8e7b5f.png

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

@TZTZorocan you put little icons on the tag and a genre captions (i don't know what they would be) to visually distinguish what these captions are.  This is just an idea.  What do you think? Is this reasonable?

image.png.dbe2215ca5678c8989f3ef4a073c64e3.png

P.S.  It doesn't bother me that the glow that circles a selected image, overlaps the name caption.  I really like your changes.

Edited by VicMoore

kjhedges

Looking good guys.

I been working so not been about, but Im liking the improvements on the gui by you guys

VicMoore

@kjhedgesThanks for the kind words.  Soon I hope to post the latest code.  

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

@TZTZoroAnything new to share?  Tomorrow I would like to put together a new plugin release.  We greatly appreciate your contributions. 

Vic

TZTZoro

@VicMoore
some mobile support added (tested on s20, +, ultra)
image.png.14d003594a0b891ed7c90e917f2d400a.png
filter section edited some moreimage.thumb.png.023e10ccd71cdf8d017ea8dd7e20415b.png

image.thumb.png.a7fa63fbbef5dcb51f997361fe6b8114.png

image.thumb.png.5f74aa2d93a5fb574c299b07859791af.pngimage.png.7fef6da149d0cdd1602607fd227ba4b9.png

Edited by TZTZoro

VicMoore

@TZTZoroThis is so good.  It's better than I expected.  I will add my code into it and post it tonight. Thank you so much. You have made a great contribution to this project.

Vic

Please send me the latest code.

Edited by VicMoore
  • Agree 1

VicMoore

Everyone, the new code with all of @TZTZorocode is attached to POST 1.

Vic

VicMoore

I just added the updated, to POST 1, the updated code from @TZTZoro

There is a bug in the JS code when you delete the last channel.  I will fix it today. 

Vic