Pseudo TV for Emby

VicMoore

VicMoore

@KyrunnerI will look into these two problems on Monday. I am leaving in about an hour to go out of town for Easter with the family. Thanks for bring these problems to my attention.

Have a nice Easter...

Vic

VicMoore

@mickle026I have replicated the problem you are having with multiple tabs and it's all my fault.  The fix may be very simple. I plan to test it tomorrow.  

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

@KyrunnerI have replicated the problem and I am trying to fix it.  I will get back with you on Monday. The problem only occurs with the web client.

Vic

Kyrunner
11 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@KyrunnerI have replicated the problem and I am trying to fix it.  I will get back with you on Monday. The problem only occurs with the web client.

Vic

Are you also looking at making sure what you watch on live tv doesn’t show up on continue watching

VicMoore

@KyrunnerI will be fixing the problems one at a time.  At the moment I don't know how to keep live tv from showing up on continue playing.  I need to study the problem deeper and I will do that soon.

Vic

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

@mickle026Try the plugin below and let me know if the "playing on multiple tabs is fixed"

WAIT - i just found one more thing that I need to fix.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

@Kyrunnerand @mickle026The attached plugin should have the multiple tab problem and the playing of all folder content fixed. Please test it to make sure everything is OK. 

Vic

PseudoTV.dll

Kyrunner
26 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@Kyrunnerand @mickle026The attached plugin should have the multiple tab problem and the playing of all folder content fixed. Please test it to make sure everything is OK. 

Vic

PseudoTV.dll 523.5 kB · 0 downloads

Still the same issue playing trailers after installing the new .dll it happens on the computer and also on the emby for android app. Everything working fine fir the android tv app 

VicMoore

It worked all day, playing on just one tab.  Now tonight, I tested it again and it played on multiple Tabs.  I also tried casting a movie to the browser. It too played on all tabs where Emby was running.  I am starting to think that the problem in in the web client. I will continue testing. Regardless, the code is in much beter condition.

Vic

mickle026

just ried it 5 times in a row and all is good, dont have time to test more tonight, but either way well done :) 👍

Ill test more in a couple of days time

VicMoore

@KyrunnerTry the plugin below.  Besure to restart Emby so it will pick up the plugin.   The version should be 1.0.3.615

This plugin plays videos via the Emby channel, rather than through a playlist, when you are using the Emby web client (using a browser).  All I do is set the playtime.  Everything plays fine on my computer. Please let me know if you have problems.

Vic

PseudoTV.dll

Kyrunner
14 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@KyrunnerTry the plugin below.  Besure to restart Emby so it will pick up the plugin.   The version should be 1.0.3.615

This plugin plays videos via the Emby channel, rather than through a playlist, when you are using the Emby web client (using a browser).  All I do is set the playtime.  Everything plays fine on my computer. Please let me know if you have problems.

Vic

PseudoTV.dll 524 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like the web browsers are working it still doesn't work for the Emby client on Windows PC or the Emby for Android on Nvidia Shield but it does work on Emby for Android TV on the shield  

VicMoore

@KyrunnerCould you please send me your emby log.  I need to see which Emby device name is given when you use the devices that don't work. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Vic

VicMoore

Thanks for the log @Kyrunner  The attached plugin should work now for "Emby for Android".   Give it a try.

Vic

PseudoTV.dll

VicMoore

@Kyrunner Now what does it not work on?  Send me the log for the device not working, if any.

You have been a great help and a big contributor to making this project a success.

vic

mickle026
18 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@Kyrunner Now what does it not work on?  Send me the log for the device not working, if any.

You have been a great help and a big contributor to making this project a success.

vic

it has come a long way :)

Anytime anyone builds a plugin and makes it open source, they pave the way for more and better plugins - which is a good thing in my opinion, fixing issues helps others fix issues and not give up!
It also helps them indirectly come up with clever ideas and clever solutions.

I have even used your code to learn some javascript (mainly about arrays and the scope where things are defined) - which you probably didnt know, and that curiosity has lindirectly ed me to learn more about flexboxes.  My pages in the future will be so much better for it

so many thanks for that!  Huge thumbs up 👍 :)

• Like 4

VicMoore

Thanks @mickle026 for the kind words.  My code is always open source for anyone to use as they like.  I benefit if they make better plugins.  We each learn from and teach each other. I am not looking for credit or recognition. I have already received my share 10 times over. No one need ever to mention my name. Sometime, I hope you and I can work together on a plugin, I learn c# from you and you learn more javascript from me. 

Thanks again, vic

• Like 4

nuentes

Much appreciated for the extension! I just discovered it, and installed today. Here are some of the things I've noticed:

There is a typo in the Smart Search:

image.png.02d4977248078d146af963fd2f34d507.png

It's a bit tedious to build/create Channels. I would say there is a pretty high degree of difficulty with configuring channels. One of the beautiful things about PseudoTV was that it came with a bunch of pre-built channels that allowed you to tweak, rather than start from scratch.

None of the data is truly dynamic. Meaning if I do a smart search for shows from NBC, I then just select the shows. But if a new NBC show comes out, I would need to manually add it to the channel. Two options I see here - I think it would be cool if Smart Search worked dynamically, as in you program a smart search, and all shows/movies matching the query are dynamically added/removed. The other option is allowing people to use Playlists. I'm using the Smart Playlists 2.0 plugin, and love it. Great way to get dynamic lists. Turning a playlist into a channel is something I'd love to see.

If I decide to make a channel of a single show, I don't see a way to limit it to episodes that are unwatched only.

All this being said, I am not even a Premiere member. I didn't realize I needed that, and now I'm invested. So I'll have to do a month or two of Premiere to decide if this is actually something I'll use enough to merit the cost.

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

@nuentesGreat ideas - I would like to implement them.  Explain in detail how the GUI would work and what data would it collect.  I am particularly interested in automatic channels.   What changes would you like for Smart Search?  I like the idea of creating rules that would build channels automatically. 

Vic

p.s.  I will fix the typo ASAP,  thanks for pointing it out.

nuentes
14 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@nuentesGreat ideas - I would like to implement them.  Explain in detail how the GUI would work and what data would it collect.  I am particularly interested in automatic channels.   What changes would you like for Smart Search?  I like the idea of creating rules that would build channels automatically. 

Vic

p.s.  I will fix the typo ASAP,  thanks for pointing it out.

I believe what PseudoTV did was just do a quick scan of your library and find the most common TV/Movie genres in your library, as well as the most common TV Studios, and automatically build stations off each of those. So a new user would start off with:

• 5-10 playlists built off their libraries most common Movie Genres
  • 5-10 playlists built off their libraries most common TV Genres
  • 5-10 playlists built off their libraries most common TV Studios

I think creating these really helps people get their feet wet from the get-go.

I wish there was a Channel selector so I can see all the channels, and then edit the name, channel #, or select the channel that I want to edit, rather than scrolling through all channels 1 by 1.

For smart search improvements, honestly, I'd recommend taking a look at Smart Playlists.

VicMoore

@nuentesI had a channel selector earlier. I will consider adding it again.  I will try to implement prebuilt channels as you described above. Thanks so much for sharing these ideas. Please share more.

Vic

VicMoore

Everyone, I am changing the GUI again to make it better and simpler to use. I am adding:

1) smart playlists for building channels,

2) pre-built smart playlists for building channels,

3) an editor for adding, and deleting tags (both single edit and bulk edit - like in Bulky), and

4) preview of smart playlists.

It's 80% done.   I hope to be finished in a few days.

Vic

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2