Pseudo TV for Emby

VicMoore

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

@kjhedgesButtons are red because I have not implemented them yet.  The idea was that the red color would keep what I need to do in focus. 

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

VicMoore

@TZTZoroWhen you press the Add Media button what happens?   Does anything happen when you click the "Change" button?  

Vic

chef
20 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@mickle026I greatly enjoyed reading your forum posts where you and @chefdiscussed the problem.  I am not the sharpest knife in the draw, so I need to clarify my understanding of your recommended solution.  First, use  "view" instead of "document" when using "getElementById".  Second, I need to organize my JS code as below:

define(['globalize', 'loading', 'appRouter', 'formHelper', 'emby-input', 'emby-button', 'emby-checkbox', 'emby-select'], function (globalize, loading, appRouter, formHelper) {
    'use strict';

function (loading) {

// my javascript code here

return function (view, params)
        {

view.addEventListener('viewshow', function ()
               {

// my javascript code here

});

};

);

});

Are my assumptions correct?

Vic

This looks okay. 

VicMoore

Thanks @chefI still have a lot of work to do. Right now I am working on the Filter.  I need to make most searches for Movies and TV Series recursive.  First I got the filter working. Now I need to perfect it.  I am also working on an alternative GUI. One based entirely on rules. The filter in the current GUI will be to template for these rules. 

It will be a few more days before the current code is debugged enough to be useful.  Thanks for taking a look.

Vic

CarneAsada

Thank you @VicMoorefor creating this; your contribution is valued. I'm not much of a dev, would you be able to explain the major differences between this plugin in the Virtual TV plug-in?

VicMoore

Hello @CarneAsadaThe virtualTV plugin is a very good stable program for building the Emby EPG. But, the source code is closed.  PseudoTV is an open source solution built on a TV platform created by @Luke.   This code is currently under development and debugging.  The end features will be determined by the users.  Currently the GUI is very visual and is evolving toward a rules base engine that selects the content users want to see on each channel.  Both VirtualTV and PseudoTV do the same thing, but from different perspectives.  PseudoTV is not yet ready for prime time.  It will be soon. I hoped this helped.

Vic

VicMoore

@TZTZoroand @kjhedgesI took your good advice and installed an Emby beta server.  I have tested the plugin and everything works OK now.  Remember that RED buttons have not yet been implemented.

I added a filter and fixed the searching for movies and TV Series.  Give it a try.

Vic

• Like 2

kjhedges

Have updated to your latest version.

On the first page of PseudoTV, in the TV Source Setup. I can add a channel and cancel add fine.Untitled2.thumb.png.3536b243a03045882757d25a55f0ea53.png

If I click on the channel I created, I can only change the channel name and number. I cannot return, add rules or add media.

Untitled3.png.a4c3b6cc154f1f51e66d69d61120a8cc.png

If I click on a previously created channel, I can then not click on anything to edit the channel, I also cannot Return to the previous page.

This also happens when i try to create a new channel, I am unable to add rules ect.

Browser console errors below

Untitled.thumb.png.29b4ba9a1f0446fe986029f2cfa8a270.png

kjhedges
4 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@kjhedgesWhat browser are you using?

Firefox, also have same on Google Chrome

Edited by kjhedges

kjhedges

Also the same in Edge

So for me, Firefox, Chrome and Edge have the same issue

VicMoore

@kjhedgesI built a Emby server with the latest beta and the plugin code works perfectly.  I will look at the error messages in your test and see if anything sticks out as the problem.

Coul you please run a test where you define only one channel?  

Vic

kjhedges

I did actually only define 1 channel as a test called Soap and then added 3 Soap Opera Series to it.  thus the image in post above shows the channel soap and also 18 blank image not found squares. This was a few days ago. I presumed that the extra 18 blank squares were default.

Since then, I have updated the plugin as you post them. and now I am unable to remove the 1 channel.

I will remove the plugin now, restart server do a refresh and then add it again and try again.

VicMoore

@kjhedgesAre you sure that you are using the latest plugin code?  Your line numbers in your console error messages don't match the new code.  The latest plugin is attached below.

Vic

PseudoTV.dll

VicMoore

@kjhedgesYes, delete the tuner, reboot Emby, then click "LiveTV" and add the new tuner.  The plugin will then be executed and it will have no channels defined. Add a channel, with media and a rule. then Click "Update the EPG"

Vic

kjhedges

I think I will have to create a little test server too on another machine.

I have been testing PseudoTV and VirtualTV recently. (Obviously not at the same time). But....

i think over the time, have eneded up with Live TV Channels not being removed from live TV Guide and the live TV Refresh Guide hangs at 15%.

So, give me 20mins or so and I install PseudoTV plugin on test server

kjhedges

@VicMooreGreat news. On a fresh install of Emby Beta Server, I have the results I presume you expect currently in the build.

I now have only 2 browser console errors

Uncaught TypeError: slideeElement is null

Uncaught TypeError: slideeElement is null

Untitled1.png.34be2b952e88d51c1a8075570a7d31f4.png

I now have this screen and am able to add the 1 channel and view it in emby with the following plugin version

Untitled.png.83b120d298dd14aecb1c3785e391dc2f.png

VicMoore

That's great....  I would be a great help if you would test adding media and using the filter.  Let me know if you have problems or ideas about how the process might be improved.

Vic

kjhedges

I have added 2 more channels and used to filter to narrow down genre and worked as expected.

I also done manual add of media to a channel and works as expected so all good so far.

kjhedges
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

@kjhedgesThanks so much.  You have been a great help.

Glad to help, I look forward to continued updates of this plugin to continue testing.