Pseudo TV for Emby

VicMoore

TZTZoro

awesome, looking forward to the tv platform extentions

VicMoore

I am still working on the code. I decided to rewrite everything.  I should be finished soon.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

new_german_guy

very useful plugin, thank you very much 🙂

new_german_guy

is it possible to deactivate the fast forward function? 🙂

roormonger

@VicMooreAny chance this is going to support mixed content? I am trying to make a channel with a bunch of clips from a mixed content library. Just realized the plugin doesnt support it.

VicMoore

@roormongerYes I plan to do that as soon as I finish the new GUI.  

Vic

VicMoore

@new_german_guygood morning...  The answer is I dont't know.  Playback is done entirely in the Emby client.  It's an interesting question and I will play with the API to find out if it supports this feature.  I can not get to it until I finish the new GUI.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

The new GUI code is much smaller than the old code. I will be posting it in a few days.  I am now finishing work on the C# code. 

Vic

• Like 2

new_german_guy
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@new_german_guygood morning...  The answer is I dont't know.  Playback is done entirely in the Emby client.  It's an interesting question and I will play with the API to find out if it supports this feature.  I can not get to it until I finish the new GUI.

Vic

thank you for the info Mr. Moore🙂 maybe the API can do that, because the rewind function is also blocked in live mode, that's why I could imagine, that this might also be possible.

But I have further questions, Is it normal that the plugin always selects 3 bumpers even though I only selected 1 bumper in the settings ? 

An overlay channel logo is probably not possible, right?

I have attached pictures,regarding the bumpers:

vfgdghgfhgfhgf.png

gfdgfdgdg.png

Edited by new_german_guy

VicMoore

@new_german_guyJust call me Vic...    I think you found a bug.   I will fix it when I finish the code I am working on.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

Everyone, the programming for the new GUI is finished. @TZTZoroand I are now debugging it. We will post the code soon.

vic

image.png.e5f83d102619516e3bb8a64922e9a3c0.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

roormonger
On 5/25/2024 at 12:40 PM, VicMoore said:

Everyone, the programming for the new GUI is finished. @TZTZoroand I are now debugging it. We will post the code soon.

vic

image.png.e5f83d102619516e3bb8a64922e9a3c0.png

Looks good

new_german_guy
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

@TZTZoroand I are finishing the code now.  We have a couple of issues to work out and will try to get them done today or tomorrow.

Vic

I am very excited to see what's coming 😊

@TZTZoroand myself just finished the new PseudoTV plugin.  Code wise it's much smaller and easier to maintain than the original code.  The appearance below is much different from the Table base GUI shown earlier. The changes are in the CSS.  Give it a try and give me feedback about your experience.  I am available to fix any bugs.  I have only tested it on the Edge browser. Let me know if it works OK on other browsers.

I have not yet implemented "Bumpers".  The code is written, I just need to test and activate it. 

You can create as many channels as you like.  For now, you see all of the channels in one long list.  This was done to simplify debugging. It will be changed soon to show only one channel at a time.

An important attribute about this plugin is that all of the heavy lifting is done by the Emby server APIs. The queries and file fetches are just Emby queries and fetches from the Emby API.  This is the real power of Emby.

Vic

For new installs  

1) copy the plugin into the Emby Plugin directory

2) reboot Emby

3) click settings in the upper right corner of Emby

4) click "Live TV"

5) click "Add TV Sources"

6) select "PseudoTV"

7) in PseudoTv you create your channels and click "Update EPG" to build the Emby EPG and to save your work. If you do not update the EPG, changes to your work will not be saved.

image.png.6340c9bd9cf83204ff74ad689dbeaf87.png

image.png.9e7ea345b6f8de93d0ba21210a54cbc6.png

PseudoTV.zip PseudoTV.dll

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, VicMoore said:

@TZTZoroand myself just finished the new PseudoTV plugin.  Code wise it's much smaller and easier to maintain than the original code.  The appearance below is much different from the Table base GUI shown earlier. The changes are in the CSS.  Give it a try and give me feedback about your experience.  I am available to fix any bugs.  I have only tested it on the Edge browser. Let me know if it works OK on other browsers.

I have not yet implemented "Bumpers".  The code is written, I just need to test and activate it. 

You can create as many channels as you like.  For now, you see all of the channels in one long list.  This was done to simplify debugging. It will be changed soon to show only one channel at a time.

An important attribute about this plugin is that all of the heavy lifting is done by the Emby server APIs. The queries and file fetches are just Emby queries and fetches from the Emby API.  This is the real power of Emby.

Vic

For new installs  

1) copy the plugin into the Emby Plugin directory

2) reboot Emby

3) click settings in the upper right corner of Emby

4) click "Live TV"

5) click "Add TV Sources"

6) select "PseudoTV"

7) in PseudoTv you create your channels and click "Update EPG" to build the Emby EPG and to save your work. If you do not update the EPG, changes to your work will not be saved.

image.png.6340c9bd9cf83204ff74ad689dbeaf87.png

image.png.9e7ea345b6f8de93d0ba21210a54cbc6.png

PseudoTV.zip 951.13 kB · 0 downloads PseudoTV.dll 238 kB · 3 downloads

This looks really fantastic. I will try this tonight. Thanks for your hard work!

VicMoore

I need to mention that when you select a folder, it adds to the channel all of the items in the folder. 

Vic

I'm trying to add a channel based on release year for movies. I'd like to have a channel for different decades. What is the correct way to set this up. I've tried like this but the query only returns items from the first year:

image.png.669ca72d58d4018dab4db7ee52755893.png

edit: Confirmed that it's only sending the first one. I tried again with 2000,2001 and got this:

image.png.476098765b513c947715c4dbb7ba78d1.png

Edited by bfir3

VicMoore

@bfir3 I thought it allowed multiple years.  I will test it today.

We are also working now on a third query filter that allows wild cards in the query strings. For example, you can query on year = 194* to get all movies in a decade.  It will take several days to complete.

Vic

P>S>  Was the GUI intuitive and easy to use?  What needs to be changed?  

feerlessleadr

Thanks for this @VicMooreI tested out the new interface, and I like it alot. I noticed a similar bug to the older version where ordering the EPG for a channel by premiere date doesn't seem to work. 

I have a channel with 3 different shows, and I selected to order the episodes by premiere date, but instead of ordering each episode by premiere date across the 3 shows, each show is individually selected and sorted by premiere date. 

Similar issue as I reported here. The only difference is I'm only using TV shows, and not trying to mix TV & Movies.