embyforkodi (next-gen) 9.X.X support

quickmic

DJXJD

Hey there! I'm on version 9.4.19. I haven't used this functionality in a while, but I'm noticing an issue I've never experienced before. A friend of mine who was fine on an old version and upgraded also started having the issue afterwards.

When trying to use an external player via Kodi, the playback URL sent to the player begins with "/emby_addon_mode/" instead of "http://127.0.0.1:57342/". As such, playback via external players doesn't work as it should. I noticed in advancedsettings.xml that a path substitution is setup that looks like it should be applying here, but doesn't look like it is successfully. Playback via Kodi's internal player works fine.

Thank you very much for any help and for supporting the Kodi addons thus far!

quickmic
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, DJXJD said:

Hey there! I'm on version 9.4.19. I haven't used this functionality in a while, but I'm noticing an issue I've never experienced before. A friend of mine who was fine on an old version and upgraded also started having the issue afterwards.

When trying to use an external player via Kodi, the playback URL sent to the player begins with "/emby_addon_mode/" instead of "http://127.0.0.1:57342/". As such, playback via external players doesn't work as it should. I noticed in advancedsettings.xml that a path substitution is setup that looks like it should be applying here, but doesn't look like it is successfully. Playback via Kodi's internal player works fine.

Thank you very much for any help and for supporting the Kodi addons thus far!

Just disable "use path substitution" in plugin's settings menu -> sync.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)

New STABLE version available 9.4.20:

New BETA version available 9.4.21:

Delta changelog 9.4.20 -> 9.4.21

fix multiversion episode delete issue
fix strm file issue
fix websocket close issue

Comment:

This is probably the last version for 9.X before EOL. Kodi 21 was released and 9.X doesn't support Kodi 21

Edited by quickmic

snoopyjoe14
On 2/4/2024 at 3:19 AM, AurelMarius said:

Hello, I’ve just moved from plex to emby and on my kodi box i run 9.4.6 version of this addon. All works great besides 2 things:

1. Intro skip button doesn’t shows when playing tv shows.

2. Kodi status doesn’t appear on emby server dashboard. When I play a file on kodi, there is nothing on dashboard. If i play on mobile app or webos app media player status appears.

Thanks.

I'm running LibreELEC 11.0.6 w/ Kodi 20.3. When upgrading from 8.2.14 to 9.4.20, I have the same issue that AurelMarius had with Kodi status not syncing with the Emby server. Everything plays just fine. But without the status, the server doesn't mark anything as watched. I tried disabling my PVR addons, but this gave the same result. Hopefully my log can give some insight. LibreELEC 12 is still in beta, so I won't be able to EmbyforKodi 10 for a little while.

kodi.log

quickmic
6 hours ago, snoopyjoe14 said:

I'm running LibreELEC 11.0.6 w/ Kodi 20.3. When upgrading from 8.2.14 to 9.4.20, I have the same issue that AurelMarius had with Kodi status not syncing with the Emby server. Everything plays just fine. But without the status, the server doesn't mark anything as watched. I tried disabling my PVR addons, but this gave the same result. Hopefully my log can give some insight. LibreELEC 12 is still in beta, so I won't be able to EmbyforKodi 10 for a little while.

kodi.log 2.68 MB · 0 downloads

Native or addon mode?

Please perform a test on a clean Kodi installation (use a PC, not your mediabox). Install the and check again.

I see no playbacks in the log. Lots of netflix stuff and some trakt are there.

The websocket connection seems to be fine.

Send me a log where ONE Emby file was played and not shown on the dashboard, thanks.

quickmic
6 hours ago, snoopyjoe14 said:

LibreELEC 12

I just realized, this is Kodi 21 (omega).

9.X version are NOT compatible with Kodi 21. Use 10.X (public testing versions).

snoopyjoe14
12 hours ago, quickmic said:

I just realized, this is Kodi 21 (omega).

9.X version are NOT compatible with Kodi 21. Use 10.X (public testing versions).

This box is using LibreELEC 11.0.6.
I'll try a clean install of Kodi on Windows and LibreELEC. I haven't used Trakt is years lol!

The Netflix plays are what I tested for the Dashboard sync. Netflix syncs to the server and Emby imports those files to the library. From They are .strm files so that is my suspicion. Any of my non .strm files play perfectly fine. Do you want the EmbyServer log as well?

snoopyjoe14
13 hours ago, quickmic said:

Native or addon mode?

Please perform a test on a clean Kodi installation (use a PC, not your mediabox). Install the and check again.

I see no playbacks in the log. Lots of netflix stuff and some trakt are there.

The websocket connection seems to be fine.

Send me a log where ONE Emby file was played and not shown on the dashboard, thanks.

Sorry, I forgot to say this is in Addon Mode

quickmic
7 hours ago, snoopyjoe14 said:

Any of my non .strm files play perfectly fine. Do you want the EmbyServer log as well?

Try the beta version, I fixed a strm issue in this version. (resync required to fix strm issues)

Edited by quickmic

snoopyjoe14
On 4/28/2024 at 6:52 AM, quickmic said:

Try the beta version, I fixed a strm issue in this version. (resync required to fix strm issues)

I tried a clean Kodi install on Windows (Kodi 20.5) with E4K 9.4.21 and got the same result. Anything played with E4K 9 does not get updated or marked as watched on the server. I tried playing "Sabrina the teenage witch" from a imported .strm file from Paramount+ addon.

I have the embyserver log as well.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

This file "http://127.0.0.1:52103/https://vod-gcs-cedexis.cbsaavideo.com/intl_vms/2013/08/18/43185219866/2377795_cenc_precon_dash/stream.mpd"?

That doesn't look like synced content from emby server.

Do you use dynamic nodes?

Edited by quickmic

snoopyjoe14

That's probably the URL that InputStream Adaptive returns. The URL in the .strm file is "plugin://slyguy.paramount.plus/?_=play&_play=1&profile_id=13969693&video_id=Ym9xOqhEAjcl62nXXkDHzgoBBtDTWQn5".

This was played after syncing TV Shows from Emby to Kodi. Then opening Kodi "TV Show" library and playing a video. I don't use Dynamic Nodes. I got the same result on a clean Kodi 21 install with E4K10.

quickmic
9 hours ago, snoopyjoe14 said:

That's probably the URL that InputStream Adaptive returns. The URL in the .strm file is "plugin://slyguy.paramount.plus/?_=play&_play=1&profile_id=13969693&video_id=Ym9xOqhEAjcl62nXXkDHzgoBBtDTWQn5".

This was played after syncing TV Shows from Emby to Kodi. Then opening Kodi "TV Show" library and playing a video. I don't use Dynamic Nodes. I got the same result on a clean Kodi 21 install with E4K10.

Ah, ok.

You have a plugin:// in your stream files. This is a really important information cause plugin:// links are handled differently in the code. I need to review this part. I'm quite sure strm files not including plugin links works fine.

EDIT:

I just checked plugin-links in strm for youtube:

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=ABCDE

Works fine, issue must be specific to your links. I try to check it, but I have no paramount account if required...

Did you try stock Kodi without next-gen plugin? Does it play the strm file?

btw, I removed the kogi.log from the previous posting. Seems it included the paramount auth key.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

fyi. 9.4.21 is now tagged as stable version

new beta will be 10.X versions

Edited by quickmic

snoopyjoe14

I did not try stock Kodi with the strm file as I don't have an issue opening and playing the file. I was under the impression that E4K is how Kodi communicates with the Emby server. At some point after clicking the strm file from the library, E4K doesn't pickup on that the file is playing. I can try using a Netflix or Amazon strm file. I can also send a log of Kodi running E4K 8.2.14 which updates the server of the play status just fine.

quickmic

The problem is, the plugin cannot detect plugin:// initiated content yet for progress updates. I need to think about that...

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
43 minutes ago, snoopyjoe14 said:

I did not try stock Kodi with the strm file as I don't have an issue opening and playing the file. I was under the impression that E4K is how Kodi communicates with the Emby server. At some point after clicking the strm file from the library, E4K doesn't pickup on that the file is playing. I can try using a Netflix or Amazon strm file. I can also send a log of Kodi running E4K 8.2.14 which updates the server of the play status just fine.

I think I found at least one problem.

I send you a test version via PM. (10.X based)

Edited by quickmic

On 3/23/2024 at 12:42 AM, quickmic said:

ok, I'll check the cache, cause it should be cleaned.

If I find a bug, I'll fix it in 10.X cause this is an absolute edge case.

Hi quickmic - 

Just wondering if you have been able to look into this issue regarding the cache.  I have tested with the latest 10.0.19 version and deleted files still are not removed from the dynamic nodes file list until I restart Kodi.  Also, let me know if I should move this request to the other forum thread for 10.X testing.

quickmic
2 hours ago, dapharsyde said:

Hi quickmic - 

Just wondering if you have been able to look into this issue regarding the cache.  I have tested with the latest 10.0.19 version and deleted files still are not removed from the dynamic nodes file list until I restart Kodi.  Also, let me know if I should move this request to the other forum thread for 10.X testing.

Still on my todo list. I think will be fixed in next version.

Edited by quickmic