New Windows App? Beta and Release?

Mahinepua

generiq
2 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:

Yeah Cheese is one of the old WMC theme creators that's been around for a long time. Back from before Emby was rebrand from MB3. I've seen his work on this updated versions of his old WMC theme, but it's been 7 years.......All the other old theme creators , soaltaker, thogsoft(sp), ect are not around much anymore, if at all.

I can only hope that with this new release of a new theater app that someone out there takes up the challenge and puts together a few good skins.

Development stopped because Emby stopped allowing use of skins. Probably because of potential problems and not having enough time to answer any issues that the skins had. 

Smitty018210
37 minutes ago, generiq said:

Development stopped because Emby stopped allowing use of skins. Probably because of potential problems and not having enough time to answer any issues that the skins had. 

I was unaware they didn't allow skins? I've never been told that before. They have always told me that they want all their apps to appear the same. A "cohesive experience" across all platforms.

Edited by Smitty018210

generiq
On 3/23/2024 at 1:22 PM, Smitty018210 said:

I was unaware they didn't allow skins? I've never been told that before. They have always told me that they want all their apps to appear the same. A "cohesive experience" across all platforms.

It's the reason there aren't any.

Lee

something for the holidays has gone from xmas to easter, any chance before summer?

Mahinepua

I believe Luke said it’s their current priority before any further server updates so shouldn’t be too far away.

• 2 weeks later...
Mahinepua

Hi Luke, is this week going to be the week? 😀

Smitty018210
15 hours ago, Mahinepua said:

Hi Luke, is this week going to be the week? 😀

Man I hope so. I'm really hoping for a big improvement over the current version. Never been happy with theater app.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Chillout

Is there any information as to what improvements are being made? ie. fixing things that are broken, new features, etc? 

Recently I've noticed some minor changes: fonts and icons looking different that has brought me back to the forums to find out what's up..  

Edited by Chillout

9 minutes ago, Chillout said:

Is there any information as to what improvements are being made? ie. fixing things that are broken, new features, etc? 

Recently I've noticed some minor changes: fonts and icons looking different that has brought me back to the forums to find out what's up..  

It's going to look the same but will be wrapped in a new windows app that will allow us to finally merge the store and downloaded versions into one.

• Like 1

Mahinepua

...and can be downloaded from either the store or direct😀

MBSki
56 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's going to look the same but will be wrapped in a new windows app that will allow us to finally merge the store and downloaded versions into one.

And 4k will work on Xbox?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mahinepua said:

Its the new windows client app not XBox???

Both.

Mahinepua

BTW Luke, bought a cheap 55" Panasonic Google TV that has Dolby Vision and Atmos, the Emby Android TV app works fantastic, runs super fast and direct plays everything. 

Almost considering trying out a Nvidia Shield to see how the pic compares to the HTPC.

• 2 weeks later...
Chillout

Is this a new version of ET or completely new app?   

I'm wondering if I need to be on the lookout for new software or if it will be an automatic update. Thx

Mahinepua

I believe it will look the same and I’m guessing will have a newer version of mpv with more offline flexibility for premium key checking and not reliant on electron.

Hope there’s not too many changes the current app looks great in horizontal mode.

generiq
On 4/19/2024 at 4:51 PM, Mahinepua said:

I believe it will look the same and I’m guessing will have a newer version of mpv with more offline flexibility for premium key checking and not reliant on electron.

Hope there’s not too many changes the current app looks great in horizontal mode.

The UI won't change. The foundation will change. The software used for the UI will be different. The primary player will be a custom built Microsoft player, but mpv will still be available. The app, in general, should function much better.

generiq
3 hours ago, Smitty018210 said:

I'm just wondering how many more months is "SOON". It's already been 4 or 5 now right.

It's been in development for years. This isn't a new project. I gave up long ago. 

• Like 1

Hopefully the ET player has video upscaling or takes advantage of RTX Video super resolution to make older videos looks better. 

Today I have to watch those using the Webapp and VSR.